UFC 141:Lesnar vs Overeem Discussion Thread

David

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really hope for the benefit of all these new UFC fans tuning in to see Lesnar that he doesn't get clipped early and start doing the big Brock shuffle;

If his defence is anything like that tonight he'll get fucking killed to death.

In addition to the shuffle, he also has this great dance move (I'm a big Brock fan, but even I have to admit it's funny)

2nkigc9.gif

It's better with the music.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Well, that's the main event over and done with, and I'm not surprised to have seen Lesnar lose. Going in I was actually expecting Lesnuuur to win, but as soon as he came out I knew otherwise. I felt he looked somewhat intimidated, and during the bout that was definitely the case as far as I was concerned.

Where does Brock go now?

EDIT: Now we know. Home, and to retirement. I can see Brock being the type to stick to it as well.

• Paid Members
I'm actually pretty excitied about Fitch's return :confused:

As should everybody. Jon Fitch is the man

:laugh:

Brock looked like he was trying to get out as quick as possible. He looked like a child in with a killer.

• Paid Members

Big disappointment. I expected it but still, not fun to see Brock get destroyed again.

I texted my friend just after the fight saying Brock needs to call it a day as he isn't cut out to be a fighter. So although it's sad to see him announce his retirement I think its for the best.

Hate him or not, no one can deny how much he has done for MMA/UFC and the growth of the sport as a whole. Hell, you just needed to see how many people on here with little to no knowledge of the sport who never usually watched MMA were pumped to watch it.

Always loved watching him fight, always got nervous before hand as well as if it were a relative fighting.

Nice to see him go out on his own terms and be so classy in defeat, the man is an icon and larger than life character in the eyes of two sets of fans - which is hard to do.

I for one wish him all the best in his retirement and although its an overused phrase, its the end of an era - it may have been short but it had a massive affect in the sport.

• Paid Members
EDIT: Now we know. Home, and to retirement. I can see Brock being the type to stick to it as well.

Yeah I think Lesnar will stick to it.

Brock definitely hasn't seemed the same since the surgeries. Agreed with others, he'd lost the fight before it even began here. His confidence and belief had all but gone i think.

I think there's some truth in that. The surgeries combined with the long layoffs that go with it has gotta fuck with you. He didn't even really commit to a takedown attempt and seemed to just be willing to try and stand and hope for the best which was surprising.

Archived