Anime

lightningxlock

This excellent video has got me back in the mood for violent and crude anime from the late 80's and 90's. Downloaded a few from her list and a few others I've found on my own, there's a small chance I'm going to review them all on Letterboxd.

Video could be slightly NSFW but she's censored a lot.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Fuck yeah.

Little bit clunky but still looks bags of fun. I love the playing around with panel edges. Mustafar Shakir sounds EXACTLY like the English dub of Jet in the anime. I know we've seen Ein in the original teaser, but it's odd that there's no sign of Edward yet. John Cho comes off more tired than laid-back, but that might just be his face. I really hope they do well hiding the cuts in the fight scenes between John Cho and obviously-not-John Cho.

Did anyone watch the final Evangelion film? Fuck me that was a wondrous troll job, Anno really does hate the fans like he often makes out. I genuinely enjoyed it to be fair, the films have their bad moments with fan service and the like but the complete 180 the story ends up taking was good.

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Did anyone watch the final Evangelion film? Fuck me that was a wondrous troll job, Anno really does hate the fans like he often makes out. I genuinely enjoyed it to be fair, the films have their bad moments with fan service and the like but the complete 180 the story ends up taking was good.

The remake films? Im interested and heard good things. Worth a try for someone not much of a fan of the original though?

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought this would be worth sharing. How sad. 

Edit: Also forgot to mention that despite never having seen My Hero Academia, I've shelled out £25 for a Shoto Todoroki plush for my eldest for her birthday!

How can she want something from a show she's never seen? I've been suckered havent I? Kids are mental.

Edited by SuperBacon

17 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Edit: Also forgot to mention that despite never having seen My Hero Academia, I've shelled out £25 for a Shoto Todoroki plush for my eldest for her birthday!

How can she want something from a show she's never seen? I've been suckered havent I? Kids are mental.

Same, had to shell out £40 for a costume from the show for my eldest this halloween despite her having watched literally zero seconds of it.

Nothings changed though, I remember being that age (barely) and suddenly having a new favourite thing purely based on friends hyping it.

Edited by Bicurious Dad

• 1 month later...

Any manga/graphic novel recommends for a 12yo?

She loves MHA, Attack On Titan etc but I'd say prefers fantasy based things rather than swords and fighting, if that makes sense? But happy to be recommended anything really.

I bought her Solanin by Inio Asano for Christmas and she loved that. So did I to be honest, it's a gorgeous book, so looking for something similar.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.