Anime

lightningxlock

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone been watching the final season of Attack on Titan?

I don't really follow anime but Attack in Titan got me hooked from the start and I have been following more on screen than in the books.

Whilst I came across a few spoilers when the books came out I'm happy so say I've forgotten most of them so when the anime comes out it all still feels fresh.

Any other AOT fans here?

• 5 months later...
On 1/22/2022 at 10:43 AM, SuperBacon said:

Any manga/graphic novel recommends for a 12yo?

She loves MHA, Attack On Titan etc but I'd say prefers fantasy based things rather than swords and fighting, if that makes sense? But happy to be recommended anything really.

I bought her Solanin by Inio Asano for Christmas and she loved that. So did I to be honest, it's a gorgeous book, so looking for something similar.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

I know it's a very late reply but The Rose of Versailles might be perfect, there's a new English release and it's beautiful.

34 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I know it's a very late reply but The Rose of Versailles might be perfect, there's a new English release and it's beautiful.

That looks spot on, cheers, I'll get that for her.

I ordered the first volume of Orange, as that looks right up her street, but as always will read it first to make sure its appropriate (sure it is from what I've read)

• 4 weeks later...

I just saw the new Dragon Ball Super movie in the cinema (they still exist?) and it was excellent, vibes of the original DB and a bunch of fan service but it was done well. It helped to make multiple characters relevant again for future seasons of the show which I'm sure we're getting, especially after how well the movie has done by topping the US charts etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chainsaw Man!!

I've just watched the first episode and it's just so slick and violent, breakcore and Aphex Twin inspired ambient behind some dark storytelling and quite brutal action. Definitely one for fans of those old OVA's we'd get on VHS back in the day, just a modern version of those really.

• Paid Members

Has anyone been watching Tekken: Bloodline? Has it had any action in it yet? Or has it decended into teenage dramatics? I was hoping for a master and disciple story. Including interactions with familiar characters. A bit like that Street Fighter series that seemed to dissappear without a trace. The colours in Tekken Bloodlibe seem a bit muted. Is that a particular style? The show seems to lack some vibrance.