Anime

lightningxlock

There's nowt much decent this season either outside of JJBA: Diamond is Unbreakable but there's a new Berserk show coming out soon, I'd seriously recommend the earlier 90's version if you're thinkig about giving this new one a try.

Re:ZERO's getting good reviews although the premise looked shite, another one of those guy gets transported to another world type things. Might give it a go.

Death Note was a tale of two halves for me. Really enjoyed the first arc but hated the second.

The initial part of the story is fantastic, with only really the ending being any good in terms of "Oh my goodness!" as it really does unravel a bit. 

• 7 months later...

There's not a single must watch show this season but I gave Interviews With Monster Girls a chance, it's pretty charming and an easy watch but I doubt it'll blow anyone away.

What I'm looking forward to is Genocidal Organ, it's based on Japans biggest selling scifi novel of the last decade.

• Paid Members

I've hardly ever watched any anime, but I accidentally saw the second half of Beautiful Dreamer, the 2nd Urusei Yatsura movie, and now I'm slowly working my way through the shitload of episodes, 6 films, and several ovas. It's probably the last demanding thing I've ever watched, lovely for a bus ride in the morning.

There have been a couple of decent shows but mainly based on older mangas like Parasyte or JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, you've also got things like Steins;Gate but you need to play the visual novel first. ERASED was a pretty brilliant supernatural time travelling murder mystery, twists galore and hits you right in the feels multiple times.

Toonami are finally showing english dubs of both Buu saga Dragonball Kai and the new Super series, Super takes a while to get good after it's finished retelling the last two movies.

I might move onto Dragon Ball next. That or the 70's Cyborg 009, lot of fansubbed older stuff out there these days which is more my thing lately.

I actually own both Steins Gate visual novels but have never had the time to get into them.

So much for Gatchaman being fun. The episode where Joe returns to his childhood home is bleak stuff.

Never seen Monster City.

Fans of Akira should get hold of the Manga if you can. It's incredible and dwarfs the Anime adaptation.

Edit.

Once again Berg Katse is such a troll. Easily a top five anime villain imo.

Edited by The King Of Swing

That takes me back, I got into anime through them showing films like 20 years ago. They better show Monster City.

That's exactly what I thought when I clocked that Akira was on! Thems were the days. Remember them showing classics like Ghost in the Shell, Monster/Wicked City, Ninja Scroll, possibly AD Police and Golgo 13. Then there was lesser known ones like Patlabor, Tenchi Muyo,The Dark Myth and Winds of Amnesia.

I seem to recall them showing nothing but Manga films on New Years Eve when it was the Millenium.