Anime

lightningxlock

• Paid Members

I just rewatched episode 1 of Bloodline. I must have been remembering something else. There's a fair bit of action in this episode and the master disciple story kicks off in the 2nd episode. Not sure about the voice they've used for Heihachi.

• 1 month later...

The original Dragon Ball has finally gotten a good to great remaster, has proper colour correction and they've not used a shitty upscaler that smudges everything. It's by a French company so no idea when it comes out here in English but for a series that's been treated so poorly despite how popular it is it's great to see.

Just finished watching Kuroko’s Basketball on Netflix and although I don’t actually watch Basketball it’s a really fun and entertaining anime, Every game played feels like an epic Dragonball style battle, I’ve just ordered Captain Tsubasa off eBay to watch next.

Are there any other anime’s like Kuroko’s Basketball? 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• 9 months later...

Just watched episode 1 of the One Piece live action, on Netflix. 

Was a lot more fun than I expected, though it has that thing most Manga/Anime live action adaptions seem to have, where everything just feels off/weird.

Never got too far into the source material because fuck that kind of investment but I think I'll stick this one out. 

• Paid Members
On 9/15/2023 at 10:31 PM, The King Of Swing said:

Just watched episode 1 of the One Piece live action, on Netflix. 

Was a lot more fun than I expected, though it has that thing most Manga/Anime live action adaptions seem to have, where everything just feels off/weird.

Never got too far into the source material because fuck that kind of investment but I think I'll stick this one out. 

I really liked the live action One Piece series, it's probably the most faithful adaptation of anything I've ever seen TBH. It looked a bit cheap and dodgy in parts but I still prefer that they went so full on with the effects and costumes and stuff even if it wasn't perfect, plus it does give it an otherworldly vibe. I love the Luffy casting, he's extremely likeable as he should be.

Edited by Bellenda Carlisle

One Piece kinda fell in that time where I was actively avoiding the more shounen style shows, I'm tempted now though even though it'll likely take 6 months to watch everything.

I just rewatched part 4 of JoJo, I'm not sure that I prefer it to 3 but Morioh is such a great little setting. The small town vibe is so different to the others.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

One Piece kinda fell in that time where I was actively avoiding the more shounen style shows, I'm tempted now though even though it'll likely take 6 months to watch everything.

I just rewatched part 4 of JoJo, I'm not sure that I prefer it to 3 but Morioh is such a great little setting. The small town vibe is so different to the others.

One piece live action basically covers the first 3 or 4 series of the cartoon if you want to get caught up to watch it. Both the anime and live action are really fun and very similar.

I loved JoJos part 4 too, I like Rohan and I enjoyed the setting and animation change. Agree stardust crusaders is best though, there's so much good shit in that series.

I’m currently watching the English dub of Fist of the North Star. I’m very late to the party as the original is almost 40 years old (and the English Dub has been around for over 30 years). I don’t really know what to make of it, yet I find myself still watching. It’s kind of like a version of Mad Max but with a man called Ken who keeps killing people with his bare hands.

7 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Did they ever dub the complete series? Was under the assumption that they didn't. 

Apparently not. Think the first 40-50 episodes were dubbed. The rest have been subbed though.