Anime

lightningxlock

• Paid Members

Over the last three nights I've polished off the complete series of Death Note on Netflix. I was really into it but I felt like the last ten episodes whilst still good seemed to be retreading old ground at times. That said, it didn't matter in the slightest overall. A really gripping watch that I would absolutely recommend. They make some really quite wordy monologues epic rather than a choir.

Any similar recommendations that are on Netflix, Amazon instant or Crunchyroll?

Edited by DEF

In terms of how dark something is, Black Butler may be up your street. If its a good story you're after, then I would recommend Full Metal Alchemist : Brotherhood, both are on Netflix.

I mentioned it earlier in this thread but Death Note reads a lot better due to the amount of wording involved, as in the anime its just long monologues at times. The final episode itself really kicks it off with amazing voice acting done from everybody involved.

• Paid Members

I have just finished the entire Terror in Resonance series. It was actually very good indeed. It had a very 90's action 'die hard' vibe about it, but you root for both sides. Worth a watch. It's on Netflix at the moment.

Can anyone suggest a series which has a gang war / warriors vibe to it at all?

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I can't remember if this has already been mentioned, but my mate who is really big into Anime keeps going on about a series called Sword Art Online (I think). Its on Netflix so give it a whirl if you are looking for something new to watch. I tried it, but again the subtitles were doing my head in

I can't remember if this has already been mentioned, but my mate who is really big into Anime keeps going on about a series called Sword Art Online (I think). Its on Netflix so give it a whirl if you are looking for something new to watch. I tried it, but again the subtitles were doing my head in

Sword art online is "OK" . It has a decent story behind it, but is over very quickly, when the initial story line could have lasted a long time if the spun it out a little bit. That and its constantly trying to hit you "right in the feels" so its a lot of crying and stuff like that. 

To be honest its not anywhere near the top of the list in terms of Anime's that are "Great", in terms of what I've seen.

Terror in Resonance has a similar cat & mouse feel to Death Note, both featuring geniuses going head to head against each other. I've heard a bunch of good things about Psycho Pass too, seems to be on a similar psychological thriller vibe and I really need to get around to watching it.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

I think I' m going with Terror in Resonance next. Checked out the first episode of Black Lagoon and it didn't do much for me. Does it improve?

Watched Attack on Titan recently. On the one hand it was quite engaging but on the other it seemed to do an awful lot of stalling in order to get to an infuriating non ending. Would love to see where it goes though. I guess that's why its infuriating.