Anime

lightningxlock

I'm always in and out of Manga. Anybody recommend any good films I should be watching? Cheers!

I would check out Summer Wars and see if it sounds like something you'll enjoy! I picked it up from Amazon on a whim and gave it a watch the other week. It's genuinely a funny, heart-warming film with some amazing visuals. Just don't watch it dubbed as whilst the English VA is alright, it struggles to do justice to the characters personalities

Really enjoying Assassination Classroom right now.

I like that it quickly becomes less about the assassination and more about E Class fucking over their shitty school. Well worth a watch if you want something fun but with a little mystery under the hood.

Got a load of stuff to get through in my back catalogue. Might get started on Deadman Wonderland next.

• Paid Members

I think I' m going with Terror in Resonance next. Checked out the first episode of Black Lagoon and it didn't do much for me. Does it improve?

Watched Attack on Titan recently. On the one hand it was quite engaging but on the other it seemed to do an awful lot of stalling in order to get to an infuriating non ending. Would love to see where it goes though. I guess that's why its infuriating.

Attack on titan has been my fav Netflix offering so far. A student at my college mentioned they are planning to, or are making more of it. He is well in to the novel and mentioned that it only covers a section of the novel.

It's due around Feb in Japan, just not sure when over here. Rumours are that it might not stay true the the manga novel either, which doesn't really matter if your not an avid fan of the novel.

I was really in to terror res, but was gutted it ended the way it did. I just didn't want a conclusion purely as I wanted more.

I've got 4 episodes of lagoon left, yes it does get better and some episodes are brilliant, however, some are ok/good so it's not consistent. There's always an underlying story, but the main focus is either 1 or 2 episodes long. So it's still worth watching in order to get your head around characters relationships.

It picks up by episode 3 or 4 in my opinion. I think the middle of the season is the strongest 3rd.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

In relation to Attack on Titan, the first season is pretty much scene for scene the same as the book, so would presume season two is the same. The books are way ahead at this point (I may dare say ahead of where season 2 may get up to) but its very vrey good, and would suggest it if you have the time.

In my experience, the anime isnt too different  from the source material, unless "filler" episodes are involved. Full metal Alchemist : Brotherhood is pretty much the same as the books, as is Dragon Ball/ Z and most others.

I was never able to get into Attack on Titan, really need to give that another go some time.

Currently I'm watching Erased (or Boku dake ga Inai Machi as most still seem to call it) which seems promising, a good bit of time travelling murder mystery and the art aint too bad either. I'm surprised I haven't seem people talking about One Punch Man, it's easily the biggest show since AoT and is a superb show.

• Paid Members

Watched Attack On Titan last month, and enjoyed it so much that I Googled the release date of the second series. Some cunt put up some article with those details, and in the very next paragraph put in major spoilers.

Goddammit.

• 2 months later...

Dragon Ball Super has sure picked up these past few weeks, actually got emotional over the Vegeta/Cabba fight. There was some genuinely lovely interactions between them which isn't something I thought I'd say about DBZ.

Part 4 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is showing now, loving the new style of animation and the ending theme is Savage Garden..

Edited by Merzbow

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I'm nearly done with Psycho Pass on Netflix now. Very enjoyable. I here there's a second season, hopefully it wraps up enough in season 1. I'd be gutted if I had another Attack on Titan on my hands.

I'm really into these mystery action drama style anime's. Death Note particular has still left an impression.