Class and Shit t-shirts

IANdrewDiceClay

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

It's not so much "shit t-shirt" as a personal whine.... I accept the Venn diagram between (wrestling t-shirt) x (might offend someone) is probably pretty fat, but learning about this one upsets me greatly. Knowing plenty of Polish people as I do. Even if I'd be pretty happy to offend them over this particular viewpoint.

punk.jpg

Sorry if i'm being a bit dense, but are you saying you don't like that other people might be offended by the views, even if you agree with them yourself? 

27 minutes ago, air_raid said:

It's not so much "shit t-shirt" as a personal whine.... I accept the Venn diagram between (wrestling t-shirt) x (might offend someone) is probably pretty fat, but learning about this one upsets me greatly. Knowing plenty of Polish people as I do. Even if I'd be pretty happy to offend them over this particular viewpoint.

punk.jpg

What?

12 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Not sure how many he'll sell..

.. but he does make me laugh.

I hope it didn’t get damaged. 
EDIT - I thought Raiders might mean how that almost looks like an SS logo and Poland has recent history with fascism? Not to mention a little spat in the 30s and 40s. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Sorry if i'm being a bit dense, but are you saying you don't like that other people might be offended by the views, even if you agree with them yourself? 

15 minutes ago, organizedkaos said:

Something to do with Poland having terrible draconian anti abortion laws?

Yes. Finding out that wearing the shirt could get me (and by proxy Mrs raid) harassed in the street by any pro-life Polish God-botherer or right wing nutcase has soured me on buying one. And I really wanted one.

Aha okay. Surely a smaller Venn diagram of people who might pick up on that? 

I'm just glad it wasn't an SS thing. I've listened to far too much shitty black metal to suddenly stop recognising nazi insignia half baked into things!  

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Aha okay. Surely a smaller Venn diagram of people who might pick up on that?  

You never know. It's a strongly Catholic country. We have friends that when they go to his mum's house have to sleep in separate rooms because they aren't married, so as not to upset her. Even after the first kid's been born, they keep up the illusion of not shagging out of wedlock.

• 2 weeks later...