Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*Rob Van Dam pinned TNA champion Sting in a non-title match with special referee Mr. Anderson. Anderson calls it right down the middle, only to nail Sting with a Mic Check. That allows RVD to hit the Five Star Frog Splash. Anderson then drills RVD with the TNA title belt and leaves him laying. Immortal comes out and raises Anderson on their shoulders. Hulk Hogan comes out clapping and shakes Anderson's hand.

There's also reports on other sites stating the following, which directly conflicts the PWInsider reports:

Rob Van Dam defeated Sting w/Mr. Anderson as special referee after Anderson hit the Mic Drop on Sting leading to RVD's Frog Splash. After the match, Anderson laid out RVD as well. Rob Terry and Murphy came out to celebrate with Anderson who feigned an alliance with Immortal but he eventually took the members out with his finishers.

So not sure what's going on there. Personally think PWInsider is more reliable source and that's the finish i'd like to see to be honest.

• Paid Members
Even though Mr. Anderson turning heel makes no sense, he's a better heel than face. Ever since Kurt Angle carried him he's been the worst thing about TNA.

I think he's lost a bit of momentum and he's not as interesting as he was when he first turned face, but that's a bit of an over-statement. I can think of several things much, much worse than Anderson in TNA right now.

• Paid Members
Even though Mr. Anderson turning heel makes no sense, he's a better heel than face. Ever since Kurt Angle carried him he's been the worst thing about TNA.

I think he's lost a bit of momentum and he's not as interesting as he was when he first turned face, but that's a bit of an over-statement. I can think of several things much, much worse than Anderson in TNA right now.

Well Abyss is back, so you're right.

• Paid Members

Well Abyss is back, so you're right.

As is Daniels. And Jay Lethal never left, nor did Amazing Red. And GenMe are still there too. And Eric Young and Orlando Jordan are still not particularly funny.

Hulk Hogan nailed Daniels with a chain.

Nice one Hulk. Hopefully Hogan will squash him at the next PPV. Let's see Daniels try to hotspot his way out of the Hulk Up.

• Paid Members
Am I the only person who thinks that this "Network" angle makes TNA look even more small time then usual? its basically admitting every week that Impact's ratings are not good enough.

Can't say as I agree. ECW was even smaller than TNA is, and it was a great storyline for them, too. The main difference, of course, was that in the case of ECW, it was supposed to be the dirty, young rebels of ECW vs. the cynical, corporate network, but I think it works well enough for TNA. Only problem I have with it at the moment is that they're kind of positioned as faces at the moment - but maybe they're trying a different tack by buttering up Spike, positioning them as the good guys backing up Dixie against Hogan?

Archived