Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A cage match, mere weeks before a cage-themed PPV. TNA writers, just fuckin' think for a few minutes before preparing final scripts for TV, yeah?

Is it not a falicy in todays wrestling world that these sort of things will accept buy rates and therefore is it not a tired stick to beat people with.

With 15 years of competitive matches on tv arent people accustomed to stipulation matches being on tv anyway so it is hardly going to put people off or lessen the impact.

In the older days (especially territories) then I am sure that putting a stip as a regular thing on television would have been suicide but they were drip feeding people content on their shows and were building things more slowly.

I for one have never watched certain match and thought I need a few weeks off before I see another one and I wonder how many people do. In fact, if booked well, certain stip matches can whet the appetite if done proceeding the big payoff,

• Paid Members
I don't think it's that bad an idea, WWE did it with TLC when they had Miz Vs King on Raw, as they did the Corporate Rumble in 1999, etc. It's to give the fans a taster of what they will be missing if they don't buy the event.

There's a shade of difference between Miz vs the inconsequential King (who was never going to win) and Miz vs Randy Orton, as there was between a small Rumble-esque gauntlet to determine number 30, and the Royal Rumble itself which shaped the Mania main event, in addition to being supported by a World title match.

In the older days (especially territories) then I am sure that putting a stip as a regular thing on television would have been suicide but they were drip feeding people content on their shows and were building things more slowly.

In the older days of territories the point of the telly was to get people to come see the show LIVE, IN PERSON! and get all the excitement of seeing it, which cant be compared to watching the telly. The point of watching Impact on telly is to get people to watch the PPV on telly, which can be very easily compared. In fact its the same, except more expensive.

With 15 years of competitive matches on tv arent people accustomed to stipulation matches being on tv anyway so it is hardly going to put people off or lessen the impact.

In simplest terms :

If you were thinking of buying Lockdown because you fancied the thought of Immortal vs four midcard babyfaces in a cage, would you bother after seeing three of Immortal vs three main event babyfaces in a cage for free, mere weeks before hand?

Actually I've just realized, there is a good few weeks until this airs, by which time most of the lads that will order Lockdown will likely have paid already. Suckers.

Who did the British Invasion attack? Are they face or heel?

This question can be asked of almost everyone on impact.

Absolute bollocks, you plank.

• Paid Members
Argh, I fucking hate Chris Daniels. Good to hear there's more Frankensteiners though, Bitches are getting STEINERIZED.

I miss Rick. And JR calling their matches.

<BAM!>

"STEINA LINE!"

<BAM!>

"STEINA LINE!"

Probably the first matches that made me go "fucking OUCH."

If you were thinking of buying Lockdown because you fancied the thought of Immortal vs four midcard babyfaces in a cage, would you bother after seeing three of Immortal vs three main event babyfaces in a cage for free, mere weeks before hand?

It does sound like the Impact cage match didn't really get going though, with one side fighting each other, so it could still function as a teaser rather than a giveaway.

Presumably Daniels will be Fortune's mystery replacement for AJ.

Is AJ injured or something? I'm assuming he's not in the Lethal Lockdown match because Bubba powerbombed him off the stage or something, but what's the reasoning for taking him off TV or whatever?

he was apparently legititmatly injured by the powerbomb

Watching Impact at the moment, and this Pope segment is one of the worst segments I've ever seen, this really doesn't belong on a wrestling show. Beyond Wrestlecrap, I can see them getting complaints for this.

AWFUL!

Archived