Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

• Paid Members

Apparently he's going to be joining Dixie in Texas (sounds like a blue film that) for Slammiversary. Maybe Christian is going in the HOF. This might be the other end of the deal for Flair going in the WWE HOF, I have no idea.

I also have no idea why on earth Kash Vs Hernandez has been booked for Slammiversary. Any idea WTF that's about.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Crimson issued an open challenge for the PPV last night. Masters to debut and end the undefeated streak?

That would be ok, but only if Crimson won. Regardless of what you think of either competitor, were TNA to have invested this much time into an undefeated homegrown wrestler merely to spunk it away to a debuting former WWE jobber-to-the-stars, it would badly expose their inferiority complex yet again, just like the time Hogan made it clear the debuting Kennedy could piss all over everything TNA had and take the title in an instant. Or made Rhino champion.

I was thinking it could be Double J, he has been the only person to defeat Crimson ok it was a Double J Double M, A challenge but still would make for a interesting storyline. Hell Crimson needs it he's incredibly boring.

On the one hand, Crimson wrestling and losing to a bloke that hasnt wrestled for ages would make him look rubbish. On the other hand, a well-built rematch for the next PPV and revenge for ending the streak might be a good way to rally some support for him. I say might, because it probably won't, as people dont seem that bothered about Crimson as he's incredibly boring.

• Paid Members
Christian in the HOF would be stupid. he had a decent run, but putting over the IC champ of the WWE in TNA makes it seem that TNA got the short end of the deal when they let Ric go over.

This is TNA though. They don't have a marvelous track record with things like this, let's be honest.

Speaking of Jarrett/Crimson, here's a fun little piece of trivia. Jarrett's actually the only guy in TNA who has defeated Crimson, 1-2-3 right in the middle of the ring, as he beat Crimson in Crimson's first TNA house show match. :)

Anyways, while Crimson was indeed bland as a babyface I've been enjoying his work more since he turned heel. He's definitely better suited for that role. The "that Goldberg guy" line last night on Impact was fun stuff in my book.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Crimson's been really good recently. He's green and is bland in the ring, but his facial expressions and promos have done a complete turn around to what he was during his feud with Matt Morgan. Jarrett vs. Crimson could do wonders for him. I remember when Jarrett put over Bobby Roode in 2007 at Sacrifice I believe. Roode was desperate to have someone do him a favour at that time. He'd already got off to a bad start with having Traci Brooks as a manager with so much power she could only get him a spot of a pre-show to announce herself as his manager. Jarrett not only gave him a quality match, but put him over as well. Shame his next feud was with Booker fucking T.

I'd have them announce that Jarrett is the first man to be inducted. He comes out and cries a bit "this is the happiest day of my life. They only gave us one week. Who's this Jerry again? I was married to a lass named Jill?" etc. Then Crimson comes out and says "Oi, fancy your chances old man?" They have a match. Even have Jarrett whack him with a guitar and take the DQ loss (to give Jarrett the props, but keep Crimsons gimmick alive) to set up a rematch. Crimson has yet to wrestle a worker who knows how to get a good match out of a green guy and who can get him over with the crowd. Jarrett's a master at it. Feuding with Matt Morgan and a (at the time) dead on his arse Samoa Joe for about 6 months did him absolutely no favours.

Anyone got a theory where they are going with AJ/Dixie thing?

I get the impression the end result is that they aren't having an affair but it's still got me stumped. Dixie isn't a character, she's the spokeswoman for TNA and regardless of weather it's fake or not, I doubt they'd want to portray her in any sort of bad light. The evidence at this point look's like it's plausible an affair is what's going on, but unless they have pictures of AJ's cock in Dixie

Just finished watching the go home Impact show, and it was just wonderful from top to bottom with no exceptions. The opening Dixie Carter stuff was done well, she wasn't nearly as bad as she usually is on the mic and the crocodile tears could have been much worse than they appeared to be. Daniels & Kazarian made me smile the whole time they were out there which is always a good thing! I'd also heard that AJ looked stupid taking that massive bump after getting punched by Serge, but it wasn't nearly as phony looking as I had built it up in my mind to be like.

Austin Aries/Crimson had a good little match, and Crimson surprised me be by doing quite the job with his post match promo. In fact, he seemed to shine with personality. I loved Bobby Roode/Hulk Hogan's time together, the champ looked like the man when he over powered Hulk on the mic. The women's match was alright as well, but Gail Kim was great on commentary which is what I took away from the match the most. Bully Ray/Joseph Park was even better than Hogan and Roode, Park remains the best character in wrestling. For not only being a part of drawing me so deeply into the story, and not only for he's comedic charm, but for the awesome acting at the end when he was talking to the Abyss message. The main event was good as well, and this show continues to knock WWE out of the ball park.

Archived