Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

Why would Masters need a dark match? He's a known quantity surely. I hope he appears on the main show being booked into a match with someone well-known to give the PPV a bit of extra zing.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not the first one though. Mike Knox, Luke Gallows, Kenny Dykstra, Kevin Thorn, Domino, etc. have also had tryout matches in the past couple of years. Clearly, with certain ex-WWE guys TNA like to test them out first before making a decision whether to bring them in or not.

I just got done watching last Thursday's Impact, and I loved the Bully Ray/Joseph Parks segment and the ending with the Dixie/AJ phone call. I thought that Dixie rushing out to the headset to get them to cut off the phone call was a really nice tough, and added a lot of realism to the show. If it's all down to Eric Bischoff, then the guy is doing an excellent job. I can't wait for Slammiversary as well, the AJ/Angle Vs. Daniels/Kazarian tag team match is going to be a good one.

Another highlight of the show was the "At Home With" James Storm segment, and this is coming from someone that knows nothing about the backstory of his recent storyline with Bobby Roode other than what's been said on the past three Impacts. So maybe it's down to the natural feel of it, but that's probably a good thing for people that don't follow wrestling and just happen to see that part on TV.

• Paid Members

A really good Impact this week. Serge punching AJ was a bit shite and the woman's match went on to long, but everything else was decent to very good. Hulk Hogan was great. His interactions with Mr. Anderson and Bobby Roode were probably my highlights on the show. Since Ric Flair has now left and there is no Hulk vs Ric feud on the cards, there looked like a BIG tease for a Roode vs Hogan match. I loved how Roode kept getting in his face on that promo they did. Made Roode look great. Park and Bully was the usual high standard these two bring. Poor Joseph looked terrified and Bully was just a twat to him. Then they did the impossible, by getting me excited when Abyss was shown on screen. I was happy to see him and he promised to show up on Sunday, so that's all good.

Crimson had his best match ever as well, which isn't saying much, but still. I like Crimson. He's came on leaps and bounds in recent weeks as far as his promos go. He's a funny bloke.

That PPV is stacked for Sunday. There doesn't look like a bad match on the show.

On a side note, but Hogan's been looking in serious shape recently. He posted a couple of pics on Facebook the other day, one from the early 80s and one from this month, and he genuinely looked almost identical.

Impact was so good this week. Just a really, really good pro-wrestling television programme. Everything on the show had a purpose, everything made sense, everything built to something on the PPV.

The 'Where's Abyss?' storyline is one of my favourite midcard storylines in years. Joseph Park is such a good character that the crowd was pleading with him NOT to go ahead with the match against Bully Ray. The fans actually care about Joe Park's wellbeing!

I loved the booking of the Knockouts on this show: Country music singer Mickie James gets pissed off because Velvet gets to be in Montgomery Gentry's new music video instead of her, which leads to her badmouthing Velvet during the match later and so gets beaten by Tessmacher off the distraction. Tessmacher should win the belt at Slammiversary, by the way.

I also loved Dixie storming into the production truck at the beginning to the show and swearing like a sailor.

So yeah, Chris Masters did indeed have a dark/tryout match last night:

chrismasterso.jpg

this pleases me greatly! Who did he wrestle? I hope he shows up Sunday!

Robbie E was his opponent:

Robbie E rolled up Chris Masters for a 3 count with a school boy after Robbie T interfered. Masters got a pretty good reception and had a nice match.

Impact was so good this week. Just a really, really good pro-wrestling television programme. Everything on the show had a purpose, everything made sense, everything built to something on the PPV.

The 'Where's Abyss?' storyline is one of my favourite midcard storylines in years. Joseph Park is such a good character that the crowd was pleading with him NOT to go ahead with the match against Bully Ray. The fans actually care about Joe Park's wellbeing!

I loved the booking of the Knockouts on this show: Country music singer Mickie James gets pissed off because Velvet gets to be in Montgomery Gentry's new music video instead of her, which leads to her badmouthing Velvet during the match later and so gets beaten by Tessmacher off the distraction. Tessmacher should win the belt at Slammiversary, by the way.

I also loved Dixie storming into the production truck at the beginning to the show and swearing like a sailor.

I dont watch impact a lot but have to admit this Impact was pretty good. As Ozzfan says everything had a purpose. The only thing I didnt like was the Hogan backstage interview where he sais Brooke I love you every 30 seconds. Oh and the fact I didnt know if it was Brooke or her mum.

Crimson issued an open challenge for the PPV last night. Masters to debut and end the undefeated streak?

I was thinking it could be Double J, he has been the only person to defeat Crimson ok it was a Double J Double M, A challenge but still would make for a interesting storyline. Hell Crimson needs it he's incredibly boring.

Archived