Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

Yeah, good show.

I like Eric Young, he's miles funnier than Santino so I've no problem with him being involved with the Knockouts. Its just a bit of a laugh like and people take it far too seriously.

Gunner vs RVD seems to be TNA's Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi Kingston, in that it seems to happen every other week, but hey at least they had a reason to fight and it was a decent short 'bout.

Garrett vs Devon was meh. I don't like Garrett, but not because he's Erics son, i just don't like him cause he's rubbish. He'd def be better as a heel, now he's a bit like Rocky Maivia where he was shoved down peoples throats as celan cut, cookie cutter guy. (i'm not saying there is a Rock in there though, I don't think he'll amount to much.) I really like the two Robbies but this is a bit of a dud...

An Angelina Love sighting in the back!

Joe Park sitting in the crowd with his wee bag of popcorn was hilarious, he's really doing well in this role and i'm really hoping there is a good payoff to this. Bully Ray was awesome, yet again. "Knock the Bass out of your voice right now"

I've heard of Joey Ryan, but haven't seen him before. I really liked him, he'd fit right in to the x division, and for an indie guy at least he had a bit of life and character about him as well as a decent look. He also has a fine mustache.

I really liked the Backstage promos with Bully, Angle, AJ, Hardy and Hogan. They were different and it gave the show a storyline running through it which is always good and makes you keep watching.

Roode vs AJ was great. Probably up there with some of the best TV matches of the year. Not often in TNA does it FEEL like a main event match to me this felt like a main event match. They seem to be booking stuff well and Bobby Roode is just a class act. I'm even coming around to him short haired.

I usually hate Tazz but he called the Bobby Roode bit when he was all alone in the middle of the ring great "Bobby Roode celebrating in the ring with all his friends" was a great line and pretty much sums up Roodes transformation into the worlds most selfish, heelish prick.

Thing about Impact is that the shows always seem to flow well together, I love the "Previously On Impact" bit and overall they are doing well right now. They seem to have streamlined the shows so that they only are using a certain number or wrestlers. I mean no Crimson, Kaz, Daniels or Anderson this week. They could prob do with 3 Hours of TV with the talent they have.

Anyway, might need to change the thread title with Impact going Live this week! Can't wait for it. Brooke might be a laugh, Stings back to cause havoc (he better not win the title though) whos gonna be Devons opponent? Do you reckon they have any surprises lined up for going Live?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this sounds stupid, but... is Jeff Jarrett's in-ring career over? He was written off tv 6 months ago, and hasn't been mentioned since, plus he's been busy running this Ring Ka King promotion, but not wrestling as far as I know.

I think he was doing some stuff with AAA, but that's over now as well. I personally think he's missed from Impact, he's one of my favourites and I'm hoping to see him back.

I know this sounds stupid, but... is Jeff Jarrett's in-ring career over? He was written off tv 6 months ago, and hasn't been mentioned since, plus he's been busy running this Ring Ka King promotion, but not wrestling as far as I know.

I think he was doing some stuff with AAA, but that's over now as well. I personally think he's missed from Impact, he's one of my favourites and I'm hoping to see him back.

He's still doing some stuff in AAA. He wasn't there for a while due to RKK but now that RKK's seemingly over he's back in AAA. Definitely not wrestling much though. Speaking of AAA, Abyss is still 1/2 of the AAA Tag Team champions and just recently defended the Titles.

I can see Jarrett coming back to TV soon, with the 10-year anniversary being just a couple of weeks away and them going live. It would make sense to have all the bigger players on TV.

Speaking of returns/debuts...

In the last few days, over on his Twitter, Chris Masters has dropped a few hints about going to TNA soon. He tweeted that next week he'll be going to Orlando and he'll be stopping by TNA. That tweet was from a couple of days ago. Then yesterday when a fan tweeted him about his "Masters to IMPACT" campaign Masters responded with "Patience! Very soon".

If indeed true I would guess that he'll be doing a tryout match, like Mike Knox did recently, as opposed to debuting on TV but who knows, really. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Paid Members

Really getting back into TNA recently. wasn't very fond of Bully Ray but this week I really enjoyed him, and jesus christ what great shape hes in these days.

Joseph Park is great. His shocked face in the crowd and when he kept slowly raising the popcorn when Bully Ray was calling him out made me laugh.

Austin Aries is on another level right now isn't he? At the moment he IS the X-division.

Was racking my brains at where I reconised Joey Ryan from and its only just hit me that he was on WSX.

The opening segment was brilliant. Everyone played their part perfectly including Jeff Hardy just sitting there all smug until Bully Ray basically kicked him up the arse.

Skipped through the Tag match and Garrett/Devon but TNA is really picking up speed again.

I watched Impact this evening, was another very good show. I really liked the segments in Hulk Hogan's office, where he was choosing who the give the title shot to. I thought it came across really well, and didn't feel as fake as usual. The Roode/AJ match ended up being really good as well, and the celebration was really cool. Had to laugh when he got the champaign in his eyes as well :p On top of that, Joe Parks is just awesome. I actually felt really sorry for him when he got punched in the guts by Bully Ray. This was miles better than Raw or Smackdown, and I hope that this newfound non-head ache giving booking continues!

Not seen it all yet, but as a Joey Ryan fan (I even own an 'I'm bringing sleazy back!' shirt) I'm glad he got a shot. I bet he won't get the contract which is a shame as he's much better than that Alex Silva bloke. But still good exposure for this incredible bloke.

Also saw the Joseph Park segment, it was fatastic stuff, even the thing when he stumbled getting into the ring. It looked great and Bully Ray was incredible. When he said not guilty at the end.

Joseph Parks is indeed great, but where's this going? He's a far better character than Abyss, and that's not helpful. Plus Abyss is now ridiculously fat, which is fine for the Joseph Parks character but as Abyss he just looks really out of shape.

Joseph Parks is indeed great, but where's this going? He's a far better character than Abyss, and that's not helpful. Plus Abyss is now ridiculously fat, which is fine for the Joseph Parks character but as Abyss he just looks really out of shape.

I think i'm right on the money so going to put it into spoilers in case anybody cares

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I'm expecting that all along Joseph parks is meant to be Abyss, in a kind of schizophrenia angle who knows where it will go from there though

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

I'm currently reacquainting myself with TNA slightly, so about Joseph Park / Abyss - am I right in understanding that Abyss himself came up with the idea for this character?

Official press release on TNA's new direction:

THE NEXT EVOLUTION OF PRO WRESTLING ON TV STARTS THURSDAY MAY 31st ON TNA IMPACT WRESTLING LIVE ON SPIKE TV

TUNE IN AT NEW TIME SLOT OF 8:00p.m./ET FOR LIVE ACTION AND MUCH MORE

NASHVILLE, TN (May 30, 2012)

• Paid Members
I'm currently reacquainting myself with TNA slightly, so about Joseph Park / Abyss - am I right in understanding that Abyss himself came up with the idea for this character?

From what I understand, yeah. He's always had some say in his storylines, but he's just excellent as Joseph Park. It really shows why they've kept him around all these years, because he's a cracking actor. Which makes it frustrating to think that they had him under a mask, doing a Kane style gimmick for years. He's so bloody good at delivering his lines and his facial expressions are great. He deserves more than to do this daft Abyss gimmick.

His twitter is great as well. He just plays it straight when spanners like Twinn have a go at him on there. Joe's ignorance is bliss. This response cracked me up in response to some goon on there:

@JOSEPHPARK_esq There's another Chris Parks from Cleveland on Twitter. Small world. Lol. That is, if this is Chris tweeting. If its a TNA staffer...Nevermind. lol

@bubbacr my name is Joseph. And our family last name is PARK not PARKS. Are you one of those #Smarks that @TypicalROHFan told me about?

Archived