Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

From Wrestlezone.com

According to several sources close to the situation, Ric Flair has indeed quit Impact Wrestling, and he basically just stopped showing up to events. The assumption at this point is that he's going to sign a WWE Legends deal and help fill time on the new TV network. Flair has energy drink and lottery endorsements to fall back on, too.

Additionally, WZ has learned that Alex Shelley quit TNA as well. Apparently WWE will fill extra TV time with, among other things, a Cruiserweight division and/or tag teams, and are looking for smaller wrestlers by way of stocking either, or both. While it has not been confirmed, Shelley will likely go to WWE. There has also been talk of WWE running a Cruiserweight show on the new Network, which could also be a possibility for Shelley.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
From Wrestlezone.com

According to several sources close to the situation, Ric Flair has indeed quit Impact Wrestling, and he basically just stopped showing up to events. The assumption at this point is that he's going to sign a WWE Legends deal and help fill time on the new TV network. Flair has energy drink and lottery endorsements to fall back on, too.

Additionally, WZ has learned that Alex Shelley quit TNA as well. Apparently WWE will fill extra TV time with, among other things, a Cruiserweight division and/or tag teams, and are looking for smaller wrestlers by way of stocking either, or both. While it has not been confirmed, Shelley will likely go to WWE. There has also been talk of WWE running a Cruiserweight show on the new Network, which could also be a possibility for Shelley.

I'm in two minds about Shelley quitting. He has been on some yo-yo booking in TNA, but he was utilized very well I thought. The Guns got some fantastic exposure and produced some cracking matches but like most people in TNA, they suffered some diabolical booking at the same time. I guess the money for Shelley might be better and he's been on the look-out to get away from TNA for a while. If he goes to this Cruiserweight show (should the Network thing even happen) he would be a grand addition. Shelley unlike many has a good load of charisma. I much prefer him as a heel, when he was Nash's boy. Brilliant stuff.

From Wrestlezone.com

I'm in two minds about Shelley quitting. He has been on some yo-yo booking in TNA, but he was utilized very well I thought. The Guns got some fantastic exposure and produced some cracking matches but like most people in TNA, they suffered some diabolical booking at the same time. I guess the money for Shelley might be better and he's been on the look-out to get away from TNA for a while. If he goes to this Cruiserweight show (should the Network thing even happen) he would be a grand addition. Shelley unlike many has a good load of charisma. I much prefer him as a heel, when he was Nash's boy. Brilliant stuff.

Will Sabin follow suit? I know he currently dating Velvet Sky or was.

• Paid Members

Shelley had a blinder with Austin Aries, but thats all he's really done in a while. The Guns are like the Hardys were in 2002 at the minute. They've done everything. What else can TNA do with them? Sabin looks shakey at the minute as well. Either he hasn't got over his injury or he's lost a step or something. They aren't as dynamic as they once were.

Probably best for all parties if he goes to WWE. I think Shelley is 10 steps above a lot of people on his level as far as character and promos go. If size and ringstyle aren't an issue, he'll be great to see on NXT. He's better than Evan Bourne and Sin Cara, put it that way.

I wonder if Nash put a word in for him. Nash was saying on his new In The Ring shoot that he's going to give Triple H a tape of Sami Callahan. Nash has never been shy about putting a word in for his mates either.

Whatever happened to Winter and the other lass from The Beautiful People? Did we ever get a resolution to their storyline?

A few of the girls have gone missing recently.

Also, I think TNA deserves its own PPV threads now, at least, rather than one thread for everything.

Whatever happened to Winter and the other lass from The Beautiful People? Did we ever get a resolution to their storyline?

A few of the girls have gone missing recently.

Also, I think TNA deserves its own PPV threads now, at least, rather than one thread for everything.

Seconded. Annoying to come into this thread the day after a PPV's been shown on Challenge only to encounter spoilers for the following week's Impact.

It seems for me although the Heavyweight Division and the midcard have generally got better recently, the X division, Tag Division and Womens have flagged due to a number of reasons

X division I really cant identify many active members as Daniels Kaz and AJ are in there own world. Aries is fantastic but only has Ion that I can name as another X division star regularly featured now Kash is off training for MMA

The womens and tag is just the same faces over and over

They're running out of time on Impact for it all. I don't often see Xplosion, but I imagine there's more of that on there. They could do with 2 or 3 new ladies and 3 or 4 new X Div stars. Also like to see Styles move into the X division along with Sabin, if Shelley really has gone.

It's not been talked about on here yet (maybe because nobody cares) but who does everybody think will be revealed as Madison Rayne's crush?

I've narrowed it down in my head to atleast 2 potential candidates...Robbie T who looks to be in the middle of a slow burning face turn.......and unfortunately Garrett Bischoff.

Both would make sense in the mind of TNA for separate reasons. Madison is an excellent talker and Robbie T bless his cottons, as improved as he is in the ring...isn't. He could easily benefit from having Madison by his side and doing all the talking for him which I personally hope is what happens.

Garrett because...well they've tried everything else to get him over...why not give him a love interest? This option would completely bomb in my opinion. 1 Because unlike Robbie T who is built like a monster truck, is well groomed and has the whole "silent type" going for him (which could make for a decent contrast as Madison never shuts up) Garrett is scrawny, has naff side burns and looks like he couldn't beat up his shadow. If TNA did decide to go this route in the hopes it would get Garrett over as a face, I think it would probably backfire because lets face it, Madison is hot, most men would and those same men for the majority all think Garrett is generally shite at everything.

Maybe as a wildcard it could be somebody like Magnus, or for shits and giggles Devon or Gunner? I actually wouldn't mind it if it turned out to be Gunner as it goes. He needs something to do and is being underused at the moment! TNA clearly still think highly of him by having him be the last man eliminated in last weeks battle royal, so maybe sticking him with Madison would give him some purpose?

I think its John Morrison. That's the big rumour going about on the net. Masters and Morrison are supposedly on the way in soon. Probably on the first live Impact.

Which will no doubt lead to a Madison vs Melina feud, unfortunately.

Where have you read this? Surely it wouldn't make sense purely because she was scouting the ring during the Battle Royal eyeing up somebody there?

I was under the impression Morrison wanted to stay away from wrestling for a while last I heard, although unlike some, I'd like to see him in TNA.

Masters would be great too but where would you see him fitting in on the show?

Watching the new Inside the Ring with Nash just now, I was wondering if Nash put in a word for Shelley with his buddy Trips. It seems like Nash has been a fan of Shelley's going back to their Paparazzi Production days so maybe. I've never heard of Shelley being an interest off WWE before now.

Archived