Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That would be awesome. I think thats what they are doing as well. Hopefully AJ will turn heel (he is fucking the boss behind his wife's back after all) and they will have a 3 month feud. Styles and Aries could run for months and months if they wanted to. Has it ever been done?

AJ needs a heel turn, he's a really great twattish heel. Problem is then that he'd end up on the same side of the fence as Daniels and Kaz, but it'd still be well worth it.The X Division has been great since Aries arrived, and there's no reason no to throw those 3 old vets back into the mix.

That doesn't mean it's shit, Mr Piles. The number of games I've worked on where teams of people have worked for months on box cover art, and the end result is incredibly overwhelming.I quite like it - simple style, simple story, clear information. Aries' nose looks a bit weird though.

TNA have been on fire recently! Both Sacrifice and this weeks iMPACT were excellent and I genuinely believe they've turned a corner and that the company seem to be heading in the right direction. The shows seems structured, they are marketing themselves on iMPACT well and often, and seem to be doing most things right in general. How long has Bruce Pritchard been working there? along with the new booking TNA has been a million times better and i'm just wondering who everybody thinks is to thank?Even things like them building up Samoa Joe vs Angle all night leading up to the main event, revisiting their history... little things like that they were not doing before have made a massive difference to the shows and they're promoting the fuck out of Slammervesary too which I'm really excited about now.The King Mo signing is interesting too. I know NOTHING about him but have high hopes about it all. It could be a complete disaster but TNA did a good job convincing me it was a big deal and Dixie seems really keen on the idea so lets see how it pans out.This weeks iMPACT was the best episode they've had out for a while. Everything served its purpose, they built towards Open Fight Night well and it was almost like a 'go home' episode for a PPV.Only minor (and I stress minor) gripes I had with the show were that I dont think Eric Young is the right opponent for Crimson to be feuding with right now and that they should probably think about using Alex Silva soon, if only a quick match or video package. The reason being is that as the first winner of Gut Check he is going to be the measuring stick for the whole concept. If the winners don't get TV time it almost renders it pointless.Overall, a fine show after a solid PPV.

That doesn't mean it's shit, Mr Piles. The number of games I've worked on where teams of people have worked for months on box cover art, and the end result is incredibly overwhelming.I quite like it - simple style, simple story, clear information. Aries' nose looks a bit weird though.

All true. However, it looks amateur as fuck. Someone probably got paid to do this.

Re: Crimson, Eric Young got the best match of Crimson's career out of him at the PPV, so I'd say he's a good opponent right now.But, yeah, TNA is on a roll. Even guys like Welshberg are used properly and starting to look good. All I need now is Joe to go on the Bully Ray diet and I'd be a happy man. I love you, Joe, but your bitch tits have bitch tits under them.

Just got done with Impact, fantastic stuff. I also thought Sacrifice was class too.Not much to say that hasn't already been said, loads of wrestling (which serves a good purpose) everything seemed to be leading somewhere and overall everyone on the roster looked really good. I'll be well gutted if Bully Ray retires before holding that TNA World Heavyweight Title. So who is going to beat Roode? Can we see Sting beating him on Impact? Or are they waiting until James Storm comes back? I've loved Roode as Champion, but surely for him to be a success is losing to someone and making it mean a whole lot.Anyway, can't fault Impact and I'm dying to see next weeks show, and I rarely say that about Impact or Raw.

Caught Impact for the first time in a while. Decent matches, stories that are going somewhere. Pisses over Raw at the moment. Pretty much echoes what everyone else has said, and was the reason why I tuned in. in the first place

Got through to the end of the PPV, finally. Top class all the way through as everyone has said. Bully Ray v Aries seemed to go really wrong, with Aries getting legitimately injured. Either that or it just wasn't as good as I was expecting. Whilst I think Aries is class, he's not so good against larger opponents. A lot of his arsenal that he uses in X Div matches clearly won't work against a Bully Ray, so he seems just to mainly fall back on elbows, punches and dropkicks. He needs to expand his repertoire to look more convincing against larger opponents - AJ Styles is a good example.Speaking of Styles, I thought his match with Angle was a belter. I know Angle has his many, many detractors on here but I think he's absolutely ace almost all the time, and this was a classic. I really don't see the need, particularly in a face v face, respect-you type match, for kicking out of each other's finishers but that's just part of modern wrestling now. At least I know that when Angle locks in the grapevine, it's all over.Roode and RVD also had a good match, possibly RVD's best in TNA. I particularly liked that Roode got a clean, no interference or bollocks, win over a major star like RVD. With Roode coming up to being the longest reigning champ, now is definitely the time to legitimise him. And, well, knock me down with a feather but I'm actually interested in Abyss for the first time in years. His Joseph Parks character is class, and I've always liked the "secret identity" type storyline. They could have increased the deception by having Abyss have a beard where his brother doesn't, but I guess fake beards are a nono in a wrestling ring!Taped Impact last night, looking forward to watching it. TNA are lightyears ahead of WWE right now in consistency.

I recorded Impact last night, for the first time in a long time after hearing that it has improved. I meant to watch Sacrifice last Wednesday as well as it was supposed to be great, but I ended up forgetting all about it and then realizing the next day and kicking myself. Anyway I really enjoyed this Impact, Bobby Roode seems really good on the mic and he has a good look going for him with the suit and short haircut. Everything was enjoyable and didn't even give me a headache which is probably a first for TNA. I will try to stick with it.

• Paid Members

Watched iMPACT last night for the first time in a while and got to say i enjoyed it more than Over The Limit.

Bobby Roode, although he's always looked like a star, really does look untouchable. I could see his opening Raw with the WWE title draped over his shoulder (Not that im saying he should go to WWE as i believe TNA is a great place for him to be).

The Joe/Angle...errr...angle running throughout the show was great. Highlighting the previous encounters between the two up untill the match itself.

Only problem i had was everytime i seem to tune in to iMPACT, whether it be months at a time, there always seems to be some variation of a Hardy/Anderson match. Hardy really looks great again, has regained that aura he had about him a few years ago.

Robbie E's blowout was out of control last night. Really hope they dont break up the Two Robbies as i think they are a great pair together.

Pity there was no TV title match, how long did that concept last? 3 weeks?

All in all, i thought it was a great episode and looking forward to Open Fight Night this week.

Archived