Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

Oh dear, im more for segments like the opening of impact this week just gone, but I dont like hearing the words "exposing" used. More candid backstage stuff where road agents talk about when matches are going on/ give advice but not in a "your jobbing to him" kind of way could work but this sounds too WCW 2000 for me

EDIT: Thinking from Loki's comments I can see segments where road agents and other vets criticise the younger talent after matches and we get like out take 1 on 1 interviews with there comments after confrontations. This could also pull into feuds as well

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll probably start as a whole big thing and settle down into the usual "invisible cameraman" backstage skits except with the sort of semi-scripted stuff you see on Made In Chelsea.

It's quite a clever idea in some respects - reposition the age-old roving backstage camera as a modern, reality-tv style device and make wrestling seem fresh. I guess it builds on the success of Hogan's tv show and the stuff that Bischoff-Hervey are doing at the moment. As long as it doesn't get to the Ready To Rumble stage of awkward shoot-fake chatter it'll be ok.

• Paid Members

I think your right. We pretty much live in that world anyway, what with the Jersey Shore and The Only Way Is Essex type shows. It might be why they brought Brooke Hogan in. If the reality show audience and the rags that usually report on the reality shows have a look at the likes of Brooke Hogan and Hulk Hogan doing basically the same act they do on their reality shows (which are obviously fake as well), it might get TNA some awareness in press and could get more people watching.

At least they are trying something different. Even if it fails, its better to try a new concept than to go back to the 5 minute matches and 50 skits like we usually get in wrestling. I like how they are doing a fan vote for the television title on the live shows as well. Makes the Television belt mean something to the television audience, if they decide who holds it. And it gives a good indicator of who's over. Hopefully Devon loses tonight, because I'd like to see someone else have a go with it.

Devon's been good though. If he loses it'd be a nice story to see him regain it, he's a popular act.

Its bizarre that I actually quite like Devon. i sort of groan at his name when I read through the Spoilers and stuff but when i actually see him on TV he's a pretty impressive guy, and he gets a response from the crowd and hes fairly entertaining and hes just what you want from a Lower Card Face i reckon. Wouldn't mind if he loses tonight but atm its Robbie E, RVD and Mr. Anderson as challengers you can vote for. Wonder if the 4th guy announced later today might be a surprise or something.

Cant wait for tonight anyway, thinking of staying up and finding a decent stream.

• Paid Members

I'm going to give TNA another go. I enjoyed the last episode, and they're doing a good job hyping this live show as something worth watching (plus, Raw is for boring folk).

All the stars are in TNA. Where the big boys play.

• Paid Members

What time is this on live tonight? Apologies if it has been previously mentioned.

Gotta stay up until ive been paid tonight to tax my car so I may aswell catch IMPACT live, I'd say its highly unlikely to be a bad show.

Just voted for Robbie E for TV Title shot and the comments underneath when you vote are mainly all saying Jeff Hardy apart from the odd RVD one and a few that say 'Stings too old for a title shot blah blah blah'

What time is this on live tonight? Apologies if it has been previously mentioned.

Gotta stay up until ive been paid tonight to tax my car so I may aswell catch IMPACT live, I'd say its highly unlikely to be a bad show.

Just voted for Robbie E for TV Title shot and the comments underneath when you vote are mainly all saying Jeff Hardy apart from the odd RVD one and a few that say 'Stings too old for a title shot blah blah blah'

think it starts at 1am. I voted for Robbie E too for a laugh.

Can't wait! And if anyone finds a decent stream please share!

Archived