Documentary Thread #2

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Quality little 40 minute documentary just gone on Netflix called Long Shot, i won't say too much about it but it's a true crime case about a guy potentially facing the death penalty for murder and how his lawyer tried to prove his innocence using some very unlikely sources. The more i say may spoil it but it's really good and it's not too long, worth a look.

5 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Quality little 40 minute documentary just gone on Netflix called Long Shot, i won't say too much about it but it's a true crime case about a guy potentially facing the death penalty for murder and how his lawyer tried to prove his innocence using some very unlikely sources. The more i say may spoil it but it's really good and it's not too long, worth a look.

There was some talk of this in the TV thread, looks brilliant.

• Paid Members

I subscribed to Netflix solely for Ken Burns and it didn't let me down. His work is up there with World at War and 'Baseball (cheers Keith) might be the greatest documentary series I have ever seen. Now trying to find a way to watch the Vietnam series.

Edited by Gus Mears

7 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

I subscribed to Netflix solely for Ken Burns and it didn't let me down. His work is up there with World at War and 'Baseball (cheers Keith) might be the greateat documentary series I have ever seen. Now trying to find a way to watch the Vietnam series.

The Vietnam series started being shown on BBC4 last Monday so pretty sure it's on the BBC iplayer bud. Looking forward to starting it myself 

• Paid Members

I strongly recommend Burns' Roosevelt series he did 3 year ago. As always, brilliantly pieced together, with Paul Giamatti playing Teddy Roosevelt, Meryl Streep playing Eleanor Roosevelt and John Lithgow as James Roosevelt.

It was on Netflix a few months back.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

I wonder how the BBFC let the beheadings and the "heads on gate posts", people being crucified and whipped. People being shot in the face and back of the head go.

They make exemptions for content, "intended to inform, educate or instruct", so may have been justified in those terms.