Raw Discussion *Spoilers* 7/3

Super Cena

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The next time any mongs moan about the PG rating ruining wrestling, they need to be directed to Cena's current run of promos. They've increased the bad language and sexual inuendo up to PG-13 levels and his promos are still absolute wank.

There is no such thing as a PG-13 TV content rating.

Good episode so far. I've just finished watching the Cole/Austin/JBL segment, which was very entertaining. For me though, does that not kill quite a bit of Cole's heat after that payback he just received? It occurred to me that as loathsome as Cole is in his heel role, he has never beaten anyone up or been a real physical threat (bar a very weak cheapshot here or there), so do we really want to see him get a pasting at Wrestlemania for him to get his comeuppance?

Yes, I think we do want to see him get a kicking, but it still seems silly that he got so much comeuppance this week. Surely Cole should be winning every week so at WrestleMania, people are chomping at the bit for him to get taken down a peg or two by someone he's been antagonising all the time. An unconnected performer completely humiliating him this week was unnecessary.

Cole and JBL were superb in that bit, though. Great to see Bradshaw back, reunited with his old mate. I'd much rather JBL be the ref at WrestleMania than Austin, who I'd prefer to see have an in-ring promo with The Rock on the show. I'd like to see JBL still involved in Cole's corner or something, but that might be overkill on top of Swagger.

Undertaker's speech was alright but it didn't do much other than announce the no holds barred stipulation. Wonder why they bothered having him do one on Smackdown then another one on Raw, with nothing from Triple H. The Shawn Michaels montage about them both was good. I suppose Undertaker's entrance in itself gets me a bit more hyped up for WrestleMania anyway.

Cena's rap wasn't much cop, but the t-shirt gag was very good. Miz was superb at the end, the camerawork was really different on it as well. From this point on, Miz surely won't be a side-issue. Cena didn't even mention Miz attacking him last week, or Riley getting sacked. Next week hopefully he's got some anger towards the champ, not just the bloke who can't be arsed turning up.

I quite like how Del Rio's got a proper side-feud with Christian going on as well as the WrestleMania feud with Edge. There's a heap of talent -- Sheamus, Bourne, Ziggler, Morrison, Bryan -- that haven't really got much on at the minute, and it's a shame. Bourne had the big comeback last week and fuck all this week. All five of them would be well served by there being a Money in the Bank match at WrestleMania.

Can see the Cole argument but Austin needed to be...well, Austin. I think the image of him pouring beer over Cole was more "feel-good" and less comeuppance. As long as they give Cole some heat back over the next few weeks it'll be ok. Yeah he was humilated, but it won't feel like the last word until it's Lawler standing over him.

A pretty enjoyable show on the whole. The Austin/JBL/Cole stuff was obviously the highlight.

It is still rather worrying though that so much focus and so much of the better stuff is coming from the old crowd...

Rock

Austin

Triple H

Taker

Michaels

Or non-wrestlers cutting better promo's and getting better heat than the actual wrestlers, with Cole and JBL.

It is weird how suddenly 'ass' and 'bitch' seem to be OK, as well as hyping up a show (Jersey Shore) that seems to be entirely about getting drunk and fucking stupid people. Who exactly are their target audience these days???

Cena promo was painful to listen too. Just really, really bad and un-funny. Knock-out blow? Yeah, right!

Sunny in the Hall Of Fame is awesome.

Only managed to watch up to half way through so far, but what a brilliant show it's been already.

The opening 'Taker promo has to be the best opening segment of the year thus far, the opening video between Hunter and Undertaker was good enough but the HBK/'Taker video was absolutely incredible.

With what a few people said on here in last week's thread, I actually imagined Undertaker's entrance as him being more of a 'toughest motherfucker on the planet' walking into a fight in some Texan bar than a supposed supernatural dead man. There's been few entrances I've enjoyed as much as watching Undertaker come to the ring this week.

Then we went to the Nexus/Orton segment. I don't mind this feud, I think it could have been a lot better but I'll take it for what it is. It made me laugh because when the camera cut straight to it it looked as though Otunga(?) was about to suck Orton off but then they realised the camera was on them, so Nexus made it look as though they were covering themselves up by beating Orton down, and the weak punches and kicks didn't help their case. :laugh: Nice GTS though.

Enjoyed the Cole/JBL/Austin segment. Austin's beer-catching skills haven't deteriorated slightly. Kudos to whoever throws them to him.

Edit: Forgot about the Sin Cara hype video - absolutely top stuff.

I'm really finding the build to Cena - Miz, rather lacklustre. The Miz really is an after thought. Cena's promo's are absolutely apalling. Just one big jokey affair. Put it this way, didn't Cena actually put his arm around the Miz a couple of weeks back, during the dreadful doctors note skit? Do these guys not hate each other? Quite obviously not. I'm also loving the fact that WWE see fit to allow ( possibly even write ) the embarrassing homophobic shit cena spews out nearly every week. "YOU'RE GAY" HAHAHA!!

• Paid Members
I'm really finding the build to Cena - Miz, rather lacklustre. The Miz really is an after thought. Cena's promo's are absolutely apalling. Just one big jokey affair. Put it this way, didn't Cena actually put his arm around the Miz a couple of weeks back, during the dreadful doctors note skit? Do these guys not hate each other? Quite obviously not. I'm also loving the fact that WWE see fit to allow ( possibly even write ) the embarrassing homophobic shit cena spews out nearly every week. "YOU'RE GAY" HAHAHA!!

How is the build lacklusture. The whole thing is intentional. The Miz keeps blind siding Cena, keeps getting him. Why? Because he is not concentrating on him. I have said for weeks that The Miz will go over at Wrestlemania. Cena does not need it and has the perfect excuse all he has to say is

" I under estimated The Miz, I was distracted by The Rock, I should have had my focus on The Miz etc"

When The Miz wins at Wrestlemania he can then put over other stars. People saying Jomo has fallen off etc he just doesn't have a top feud at the minute. When The Miz wins at Wrestlemania and becomes a cemented top star. Jomo can then feud with him over the Summer and at some point win the belt. It will mean a lot more because The Miz will be fully established they are making a top star so he can put other people over. If Jomo had won the belt off The Miz already it would have just been a nobody winning off a nobody. The Miz has been elvated higher than any other push. Wade or Sheamus, Sheamus had a good run but didn't maintain his push he just fell off. They have built The Miz up since MITB and he is now looking really strong. He has been booked perfectly all the way to Wrestlemania and now needs to finish his transiton from Main eventer to top star. 3 Weeks in a row The Miz has destroyed Cena because Cena is letting The Rock get to him.

On Raw:

Undertakers opening segment was good getting the point across and building for Wrestlemania. This should be a great watch at Wrestlemania but I can still only see one out come Taker to win. The match should be great though so it should make up for the finish being spoiled.

Two weeks in a row now Orton has looked fucking ace. He looks proper demented and I am starting to buy into Punk vs Orton. I said last week Mason Ryan would be the last match for Orton I think Orton will lose to him on Raw next week. Having Mason Ryan at Wrestlemania will give him a bit of exposure if they are looking to build him up into the monster he looks like.

Cole is just great week in week out he sould just be made Raw GM now. If JBL is coming back to commentate then they can't have Cole and JBL two heel commentators don't work. Also after Jerry Lawler finally gets his Wrestlemania moment and defeats Cole, They can't have Cole go back the next night and sit alongside him. So if JBL is coming back for a bit have him and Lawler do commentary and have Cole as Raw GM. The match its self at Wrestlemania is probably not going to be a classic but should be entertaining. Austin being involved gets more people interested in the match its self. Lots of beers and stunners for everyone except Lawler. Lawler had looked good in the ring against The Miz put the match at Elimination Chamber was rubbish. Maybe his head was not in it as his Mum had just died.

Sheamus is off to smackdown next week then? Only problem with that is Alberto could be Champion so Sheamus being a heel wouldn't get a look in.

JBL is great and gets great heat.

Austin is back as they are hyping up Tough Enough.

Well The Nexus used to be a great stable with ruthless bastards destroying everyone. Randy Orton has taken them (just about) all out. He has done something Cena said he was going to do but never followed it up. They have nowhere to go after Wrestlemania and will fade away into the Indies living off their WWE run.

Dolph being back on Raw is possibly good. Like i have said earlier. The Miz winning at Mania then a Feud with Jomo. Jomo as champion vs Dolph towards the end of the year would make some great watching.

Cena lamed up his segment again. He is either getting shit writing done for him or is just losing his promo skills. All the gay refrences and shit like that are childish. The crowd are hating him more each week not just out of the sheer fact its fun to boo just because he is so stale. Build Jomo to top face give the guy a catchphrase a couple of T-shirts so you can shift the merch as Jomo top face and turn Cena he needs it now. Having Face Cena and face Rock is not going to work. Hogan and The Rock worked because us the people liked them both, Cena is just boring superman lame joke guy at the minute. Freshen him up.

Highlight of the whole show for the thrid week running well thats what i think was The Miz. Built up again to look like a monster. Ditched his secretary in A Ri and is now turning into a monster heel rather than a chicken shit one. His promo was better than both Cena's against The Rock and better than The Rock's last week. He looks proper intense he is ready for Mania and has been concetrating on Cena. He has made some comments to The Rock but not enough to distract him from Cena and his title Match at Mania. It's just so weird how he has become a top star from goofy MTV to top heel on the show. Think Cena will have a bit of revenge next week maybe as The Miz has wiped him out three weeks in a Row.

Overall Raw was entertaining. I still want to see more wrestling more action. I know they are building for Wrestlemania but last week was loads of talking this week there was a bit more action but not enough. I cannot wait till Mania they are building it well and the card is shaping up. Just some more wrestling next week. Like a pick your opponent match. The Miz picks Cena's, Cena picks The Miz's. Need more wrestling.

crawlingwest, I see your point and can see the reasoning of why The Miz would go over Cena at 'Mania. However, there's no way that WWE will have two heel world title wins on the show. After heel Del Rio rips Edge's arm out of his socket, there's no chance that Miz will keep Cena down for the 3-count.

For the record, I'd love to see The Miz send Cena back to FCW with the Skull Crushing Finale.

• Paid Members
crawlingwest, I see your point and can see the reasoning of why The Miz would go over Cena at 'Mania. However, there's no way that WWE will have two heel world title wins on the show. After heel Del Rio rips Edge's arm out of his socket, there's no chance that Miz will keep Cena down for the 3-count.

For the record, I'd love to see The Miz send Cena back to FCW with the Skull Crushing Finale.

The thing is though will Alberto Del Rio win at Wrestlemania. Yeah it is his destiny yes he is a great performer. The thing is though I think everyone is just giving the title to him including myself. It does look likely he will win it at Wrestlemania but here comes the swerve:

Edge vs Alberto Del Rio at Wrestlemania. Maybe Christian might be getting added to this so I will play out two scenarios

First

Edge vs Del Rio:

Ref gets knocked down some how Del Rio uses the chair on Edges arm setting him up for the arm bar. Sin Cara comes out fucks Del Rio up and lays edge on top of Del Rio so Edge wins as face champion.

Next Smackdown Sin Cara comes out and tell Del Rio he needs to fight clean like himself be a true hero to his nation etc setting up a summer programme between the two.

Second

Edge vs Christian vs Del Rio

Same sort of thing happens. Edge gets put down on the outside of the ring incapacitated if you like. Del Rio uses Chair on Christian's arm as the ref has had a ref bump to attend to. Sin Cara hits the ring hits a big move on Del Rio. Christian hits his finisher and he wins the big one at Wrestlemania. People love old captain charisma and the reaction from the crowd would be good. Sin Cara can then feud with Alberto Del Rio and we have face champion leaving Wrestlemania and a Heel one in The Miz.

Also i think Triple H vs Undertaker is going to go on last so thats the feel good factor for the crowd as well.

I hope crawlingwest is right, they have to put Miz over Cena at Mania to cement him as a top star, but you just know they won't.

Cena will break a Wrestlemania record by winning a WWE Title/World Title for a 4th time at Mania. Austin, Hogan & Cena are currently tied at 3 title wins apiece at the said event.

I did think the same at Mania 25 when HHH faced Orton, i thought even though Randy was portrayed as a big star already, a clean WWE Title win over long time nemisis HHH would really cement him as top dog in the company, and look how that turned out.

I would also hold off ADR's title win for a couple of months after Mania, he can get more pissed at Edge going on about how he ruined his destiny to become World Champion at Mania.

There is a small part of me that thinks that we may see a double heel win. It's not totally out of the range of possibility, and in fact we have seen a mania in the past which ended with a successful heel title defense (WrestleMania 2000).

In fact someone (can't remember who) referred to this as a transitional-mania, where the focus was on building future stars (Del Rio and Miz) as oppose to giving us that feel good ending like a most manias.

I just think everyone is two quick to dismiss the idea of a Miz / heel title win at Mania, or even both titles being won by the heels.

What would I LIKE to see?

World title: Del Rio to win via a Christian heel turn.

WWE title: Some kind of double turn finish. John Cena fails to put Miz away via the STFU, and when Miz gets the roll up win, spoilt loser Cena goes on a rampage and beats the living hell out of the Miz. This leads to the Rock having to step in and save the Miz, thus cementing Cena as a heel. (No idea if it would work... just throwing it out there).

• Paid Members
In fact someone (can't remember who) referred to this as a transitional-mania, where the focus was on building future stars (Del Rio and Miz) as oppose to giving us that feel good ending like a most manias.

I would say this is far from a transitional WrestleMania. Last year bombed badly, with the buying being much lower down than previous years. This year, they tried to get Lesnar in and they have gotten the Rock and Austin on board. This year is all bought getting WrestleMania's buyrate up to its traditional standards, because the year end report showed the PPV buys have taken a consistant dip for all of 2010.

Archived