Raw Discussion *Spoilers* 7/3

Super Cena

My thoughts on the show

- Ive given up on Orton vs Punk, I dont care about New Nexus or Orton in the slightest, Orton just isnt entertaining enough, I hope Punk dumps Nexus in the upcoming draft ang goes totally solo

- Loved Austin/Cole/JBL segment pure gold if a bit predictable but I always look forward to seeing Austin and JBL was a great suprise, enjoying the Cole vs Lawler feud greatly

- Man of the night was The Miz for me, thats the best thing he has done since winning the belt and the best heel performance in a while

Looking forward to Mania as a whole

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he has never beaten anyone up or been a real physical threat (bar a very weak cheapshot here or there), so do we really want to see him get a pasting at Wrestlemania for him to get his comeuppance?

Vince McMahon was never physically abusive to Steve Austin initially. McMahon was just a cunt who had screwed one person out of the title and wanted to do the same thing to Austin. Cole's a prick, he's cost Lawler the WWE title, he's got him a good kicking, he's been a dick to people on commentary and he's annoyed the crowd for so long now, a good kicking is what the angle needs. Cole's been outsmarted by Austin in the segment last night. He's not had a pasting. Heels need to be outsmarted every now and again in a feud. Just like in 2006 when Michaels was getting his life ruined by the McMahons and Michaels threw piss in Vince face. The next week Vince comes back with something worse. Cole will get his revenge next week.

Cole's the most hated act on the show. The fans will lap it up when Lawler hammers him.

I see what you're saying, but the big difference with Vince for me is the fact that since day one, he has always visually tried to physically intimidate people, and has always been a large, muscular man who isn't dwarfed by the wrestlers he opposes, i.e. he has always been a potential physical threat (unlike Cole). Also, the other thing with McMahon early on was that, if not himself, he was always trying to get other people to take out his enemies like Austin physically (Dude Love, the Rock, the Stooges, whoever). So, the fact that he was orchestrating the causing of physical damage to his foes, even if he wasn't inflicting it himself, meant he still was deserving of some brutal physical retribution. Also, in his later feuds with people like Shawn Michaels, he had a track record behind him of competing in very physical matches and being able to hold his own, having proved his toughness.

Contrast this to Cole, who is short and chubby and physically un-intimidating, and has merely cheered on those who fight against people he doesn't like, been very rude and obnoxious, and got above his station.

I don't know, it just seemed last night like Cole is more deserving of the head shaved/pie in the face/exposed in underwear/wedgie type of payoff than a physical beatdown. He has mainly embarassed and ridiculed people so far, so deserves the same in return. So, I stand by the assertion that, for me, Cole in the next few weeks needs to be established as some kind of physical threat for his Wrestlemania match to come off as well as possible. Otherwise, I fear it could be a re-run of last years Bret vs. Vince, where the ends of the payoff were far greater than the means, and Vince almost came out of it as a sypathetic character, as opposed to an asshole who got what he deserved.

agree on most counts but think your being overly harsh on punk/orton. They have three shows left and they will get the nexus stooges vs orton stuff out of the way next week followed by two weeks of final build.

Id have them have Punk punt bob orton as revenge, as right now orton looks too dominant for me.

Sin cara promo was good and has made me think he might be on mania since they are doing promos for him 4 weeks out.

• Paid Members

I agree with Ian about Cole. He's been a revelation as a heel, he's utterly hateful. So much so, in fact, that I want Lawler to come out next week and say that he's not going to be wrestling Cole at WrestleMania, he's going to be managing his opponent: Heidenreich, in a Vibrator On A Pole Match.

• Paid Members
I agree with Ian about Cole. He's been a revelation as a heel, he's utterly hateful. So much so, in fact, that I want Lawler to come out next week and say that he's not going to be wrestling Cole at WrestleMania, he's going to be managing his opponent: Heidenreich, in a Vibrator On A Pole Match.

With 'interference' from big Vis'.

has wwe done away with the pg rating, because i'm pretty sure i just saw snooki snog another lasses face aff during her hype for next weeks raw.

I'll go check - i may be awhile.................................................................

• Paid Members

The next time any mongs moan about the PG rating ruining wrestling, they need to be directed to Cena's current run of promos. They've increased the bad language and sexual inuendo up to PG-13 levels and his promos are still absolute wank. It's not the rating that's to blame for these promos, it's the dog shit writing. A Cena vs. Rock feud involving weekly promos on one another should be amazing, but they're getting worse by the week. If anything, The Miz completely outshone the pair of them last night. He was ace.

Otherwise, a much better show than last week. The Austin-Cole-JBL stuff was really predictable, yet brilliant regardless, I love Taker's new music and HBK did a fantastic job too. Just wish JBL was back for good as a manager, or better yet, as the mystery GM.

Unbelievably, they don't seem to have learnt their lesson yet and seem to still think it's a good idea to, in the middle of a pre-taped promo, cut to the most bored looking crowd you've ever seen.

• Paid Members

Austin's going to Wrestlemania now as well!! Fucking brilliant. Rock's return and the aura of Wrestlemania in general was enough to get me to take the plunge and buy a ticket. Since then we've had Triple H vs Undertaker announced and now Steve Fucking Austin is going to be at my first live Wrestlemania as well. As soon as I saw Austin look down at the contract last night I went absolutely nuts. Sure, he's only a guest referee for a match between two announcers, but holy fucking shit I'm going to get to see Stone Cold and The Rock at Wrestlemania. Great segment. Cole, I must add, was a complete sensation. His reaction when Austin first looks at the contract is just pure class.

Thought it was another good show and not just for Austin's return either. Cena's rap this week didn't have as much bite as the previous one for me, but Miz stole the segment with his message to Rock at the end. Him starting his catchphrase, pausing, then nailing the people's elbow and finishing his catchphrase was kentucky fried gold. I keep defending him when people talk about how he's the third wheel in this rivalry and tonight proved for me that he CAN establish himself as more of a key component in the storyline. Rock absolutely has to address him now after that and I'm now actually looking forward to that confrontation more than the one with John Cena in a way.

Undertaker cut another good promo at the start of the show, and the Johnny Cash theme he's rocking at the moment is slowly growing on me. I wasn't a fan at first, I didn't think there was anything wrong with his usual entrance, but it's gorwing on me. They seem to be going away from the supernatural stuff slightly as evidenced by his less hokey promo style and I think it's working a treat. I look forward to seeing HHH's rebuttal.

I'm looking forward to Orton/Punk, but Orton's systematic destroying of the Nexus is almost sad. A group that had so much potential just seems to be gettin weeded out one by one, likely spelling curtains for a number of the guys associated with it. I actually like Mason Ryan though so I hope he can somehow avoid defeat next week and play a part in the 'Mania match somehow.

I haven't watched NXT for ages, but I thought Brodus Clay looked alright in all fairness. He'd make a good permanent bodyguard type of guy for Del Rio.

The rest was hit and miss. Sheamus is probably winning the U.S title this week and I guess that'll keep him ticking over for a bit. Dolph vs Morrison was ok but I'd like to have seen them get some more time. Possible rematch at Wrestlemania if neither guy is doing anything? The divas stuff continues to suck something fierce and is nearly always the worst part of Raw.

That's Kevin Dunn being an idiot. Speaking of, I'm concerned for Sheamus.

I liked the show. Miz was utterly - ahem - awesome. Probably the best he's looked in some time. I can't see him getting out of Mania with the belt which is a shame as every time Cena wins it, it means nothing. It's like Edge, it's just like "oh here you go, have it back". I'm not saying Miz is the best champion in a long time but if you give him a lengthy reign rather than just doing the now seemingly traditional give the belt to Cena at Mania, it would at least mean something?

Great to see JBL again. The image of Austin pouring beer over Cole in slow-motion was pretty great.

I guess Ryan gets punted back to FCW along with the others next week? Sweet christ The New Nexus are the worst stable in a long time.

Hope Ziggler doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

And yeah, Ain't No Grave works so well.

That's Kevin Dunn being an idiot. Speaking of, I'm concerned for Sheamus.

I liked the show. Miz was utterly - ahem - awesome. Probably the best he's looked in some time. I can't see him getting out of Mania with the belt which is a shame as every time Cena wins it, it means nothing. It's like Edge, it's just like "oh here you go, have it back". I'm not saying Miz is the best champion in a long time but if you give him a lengthy reign rather than just doing the now seemingly traditional give the belt to Cena at Mania, it would at least mean something?

Great to see JBL again. The image of Austin pouring beer over Cole in slow-motion was pretty great.

I guess Ryan gets punted back to FCW along with the others next week? Sweet christ The New Nexus are the worst stable in a long time.

Hope Ziggler doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

And yeah, Ain't No Grave works so well.

You should be saying that because its true! Even after trying to make him look like a chump against lawler he comes out of it looking like a million dollars, and his continuing "I'm not an afterthough, I'm the only thought" stuff is brilliant, and actually, it looks like getting rid of A-Ri has helped him a wee bit! He'd bcome a bona-fide main event superstar if he could beat Cena at 'mania, but its never going to happen...

• Paid Members

I'm honestly starting to get the feeling that WWE have decided to throw more weight behind Miz than they have before; he's looking great out there, and he's up against Cena and The Rock, for fuck's sake. I can honestly see him being given the "Triple H" treatment and being booked to retain at Mania, and I really hope that's the case. To me, the main reason why so many of their newer, more hastily-elevated main eventers like Sheamus and Swagger didn't do quite so well wasn't just because they were pushed before they were really ready, but also because they hadn't been given that "Main Event Moment" that all the big ones got to cement them as main eventers - Triple H against Cactus Jack, Cena against JBL, Batista against Triple H, Stone Cold against Hart, Lesnar against The Rock and so on.

Miz' moment HAS to be a retention against Cena at Mania. Cena doesn't need to win against him, he's done that before and in very uncomplimentary fashion, not to mention that Cena really wouldn't gain anything from it anyway.

Really enjoyed that RAW. Everything seemed to click well. I must say though, im a bit perplexed to people saying how bad the crowd was. They seemed pretty loud to me and into the action, only thing I was suprised was how little heat Miz got at the end, it was literally silent when he beat Cena down and cut his promo, hopefully the crowd were just in shock :laugh: But yeah with Austin, Orton, Cena and Cole and Vickie they seemed into the show. Wasnt as bad as has been made out.

Loved JBL coming out, was so obvious what was going on though when Cole said ''when this man signs the contract he will be the referee'' Knew itd be Austin ending up signing it, but still it was a great segment and Austin at WrestleMania again is good stuff for me!

Cena's stuff was just terrible, I really am fed up with him, thats two weeks in a row he's been absolutely terrible, and its only 4 weeks till Mania and Cena still hasnt actually mentioned winning the WWE Title. I know titles mean less and less every year, but Miz really is trying to make the belt mean something, but the way Cena acts towards it in a way makes Miz look like a loser because he takees the belt so seriously. Annoying.

It's like it has to be a triple threat match at 'Mania now the way they've built up Rock into the match, I know it won't be, but had it been anyone else getting this much attention in a WWE Title programme I'd be convinced we're heading for a triple threat match.

But yeah, all in all it was an entertaining show and im enjoying WWE a lot at the moment. Can't wait for WrestleMania. Suprised there was no Triple H though.

• Paid Members

I really don't mind "Yabba dabba bitch" and there were plenty of signs with that on them.

Anyway, far better Raw than last week. They kept momentum and saved their WWE title match.

I agree the Cena promo was a bag of wank. First off The Rock ripped Cena for being a shit rapper and told him to talk to him like a man - Cena replies with another rap that is inferior to the first. It made Cena out to be one dimensional and a gobshite. The content was flimsy (Cena wants to jizz on The Rock?) bar the t-shirt part, it made Cena look out of his depth and I now want to see The Rock kick his head in. I however, loved The Miz involvement because it finally made The Miz out to be a big deal, putting the spotlight on him. I've never thought The Miz was a great promo but his speech at the end must surely make them few extra quid. Bravo The Miz.

The Austin/JBL/Michael Cole segment was a riot. They need JBL back as a manager to play the evil money man that caused you to lose your home. Michael Cole crying and then having a fit was incredible. Can't wait to see him get his arse kicked.

CM Punk has made Randy Orton interesting again. Shock!

Archived