Raw Discussion *Spoilers* 7/3

Super Cena

• Paid Members

The Miz is sadly the most interesting thing about the Miz/Cena/Rock stuff. The Rock's return was amazing but as soon as "I'm back for good" was outed as total bullshit, I'm sick of him already. As much as I agree with Cena's arguments though and loved the "I Bring It...Via Satellite" top he had, I can't get behind Cena either because he's a knob. What should have been a huge meaningful fued between two of the biggest stars WWE as ever sadly turned sour when you figured out that The Rock is full of shit and John Cena is John Cena. The Miz is doing a great job of getting himself noticed though which is good.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Austin/JBL/Michael Cole segment was a riot. They need JBL back as a manager to play the evil money man that caused you to lose your home. Michael Cole crying and then having a fit was incredible. Can't wait to see him get his arse kicked.

It would be great to have him back as a manager, but I really think they need him on commentary as well. He was great with Michael Cole in 2006/7.

- Much better raw show than last week. I really liked how they put over the miz strongly. He needs building up seeing as they didn't make him very strong in his early days as champ.

- Loved the cole/jbl/austin segment. JBL is very good at getting heat on the microphone. It was quite funny when he said he didn't like bullies!

- Michael Cole summed up the divas division perfectly - no one cares!!!

- Sheamus hasn't been made to look very good but why did they have to put the stipulation that he would quit if he didn't win next week? It's too obvious now.

- The Undertaker promo and the HBK taped interview really hyped up the HHH v Taker match at mania well

Admittedly I was slightly stoned whilst watching it back this arvo, but that, for me, was a very good Raw indeed. Ticked all the boxes this week with a much improvement from last week's episode.

The Michael Cole, JBL (what a beauty straight off the bat from WWE!)Steve Austin part. Bloody entertaining with some absolute gems all in a 15 minute piece of Gold. No other way to describe that whole moment other than Cole played an absolute blinder in it's entirity. Make no mistake about this guy. He's fucking genius at what he does, and as much as I hate Michael Cole, he is one hellava entertainer!

The Seamus/Bryan match kind of made sense in a build up, but I'm still left thinking they could have scripted this build more convincing than whats being played out on TV. I mean lets not really make Seamus look like some sad puppy not catching a break in life!! Unless he loses next week, I'm still hanging on by a glimmer of hope that he gets something decent for Mania against Bryan with the title to go with it, whoever the Champion is by then.

Dolph's return was ok I guess. Glad he's back and more importantly JM as an opponent.

Vicki G still getting the heat

Fuck the Chaparone!

Cena's response had what I expected him to say, and you just had a feeling that The Miz would show up. Having him not appear would completely disrespect, in my opinion, anything that Miz has accomplished in his work. I think it's setting Miz up to retain at Mania I really think. I can see him the following night on Raw telling the world that nobody believed he could do it. Fair play to Miz on that front.

I don't know have I mentioned it before but the way Cole does this bizarre switch to commentary mode mid promo ['IT'S COLE AND KING AT WRESTLEMANIA!'] is a fucking joy to watch. His like a Batman villian.

she never really did anything.

She is historically regarded by the WWE as being the first ever diva.

dont get me wrong she was stunning, just dont think she deserves to be in the hall of fame

Good episode so far. I've just finished watching the Cole/Austin/JBL segment, which was very entertaining. For me though, does that not kill quite a bit of Cole's heat after that payback he just received? It occurred to me that as loathsome as Cole is in his heel role, he has never beaten anyone up or been a real physical threat (bar a very weak cheapshot here or there), so do we really want to see him get a pasting at Wrestlemania for him to get his comeuppance?

To be fair, Cole did a good job of burying the Diva's division just a few minutes beforehand as well. I don't think it will hurt him at all, Cole's smarmy enough even when outsmarted to know not to instigate the first blow in a physical confrontation with Austin and it fits with his "running away from trouble" gimmick quite nicely.

• Paid Members
she never really did anything.

She is historically regarded by the WWE as being the first ever diva.

When you look back she looked so beautiful. She'll be shedding a tear for Chris that night.

Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart and possibly Joey Mercury will be in attendance. They were usually good at taking her mind off Chris Candido.

Archived