Raw Discussion *Spoilers* 7/3

Super Cena

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Cena's promo was awwwwwwful. Whoever wrote that should be shot, it lacked the flow of the first promo, and had absolutely no killer lines. I might have missed something, but what the shit was the pearl necklace about...?

A pearl necklace is a necklace meade of pearls ... or spunk. Why John Cena spunking neatly around The Rock's neck is a threat, I've no idea.

You are right, the promo was awful. The delivery lacked the pizzaz of the one the other week too. The T-Shirt was a good gag and the last line about the knife in a gun fight but the rest was dire.

'Taker's promo was very good, same for HBK and The Miz. Otherwise, not a great show. The Austin segment was the most obvious thing they have ever, ever done.

Its only when you see him in that lovely hat and that tremendous suit that you realise how much you miss JBL. Its up there with the Rock's return for me. I just love the bloke. The best commentary duo of the last 10 years back together at last! JBL, Austin and the Rock guarentees viewership from me in the next month. Raw was class. The JBL, Austin and Cole thing was great.

I haven't watched the show but seeing as though I get most things spoiled before I get chance to watch it back anyway I thought I'd check out this place to see'f anything went down.

^^ This is just what I needed to know. Awesome stuff.

I said that they needed to reunite the two of them a couple of weeks back, but the idea was instantly shot down with the 'it'll never happen' replies.

Well it did, so fuck you doubters and I'm looking forward to watching this episode :laugh:

Yet another great Raw marred by a passive crowd of fathers sitting on their hands and people going to Raw not because they are wrestling die hards but because it just sounded like a fun thing to do.

That's been the single worst thing about the 'mainstream' PG era WWE has touted. Not the writing and not the stars they are pushing.

• Paid Members
They seemed louder than ever for Orton and Austin. Maybe its not the people. Maybe its the people they are watching.

Was just gonna say. Crowd reaction to those two, to Cena and Undertaker was absolutely fine. Crowd didn't react to JBL and Michael Cole but why would they? Cole is way above his station and JBL was a heel main eventer in the joint worst period in company history.

Christian, Del Rio, Bryan, Sheamus, Ziggler, etc just don't excite the crowd enough.

Good episode so far. I've just finished watching the Cole/Austin/JBL segment, which was very entertaining. For me though, does that not kill quite a bit of Cole's heat after that payback he just received? It occurred to me that as loathsome as Cole is in his heel role, he has never beaten anyone up or been a real physical threat (bar a very weak cheapshot here or there), so do we really want to see him get a pasting at Wrestlemania for him to get his comeuppance?

Though he wasn't beaten up last night, he was outsmarted, humiliated and doused in beer by Austin, which to me seemed enough. Seeing as Cole hasn't beaten anyone up himself, why does he need to be taught a physical lesson?

Somehow they've got to establish a more physical side to Cole before Wrestlemania for us to want to seem him get beaten physically, whether it be him bullying some jobbers in an 'exhibition' to show off what he has learned under Swagger or whatever. Otherwise, a physical wrestling match seems totally unnecessary for a man who has only verbally abused people, has never really fought back when physically challenged, and who is short, physically un-intimidating and approaching middle-age.

• Paid Members
he has never beaten anyone up or been a real physical threat (bar a very weak cheapshot here or there), so do we really want to see him get a pasting at Wrestlemania for him to get his comeuppance?

Vince McMahon was never physically abusive to Steve Austin initially. McMahon was just a cunt who had screwed one person out of the title and wanted to do the same thing to Austin. Cole's a prick, he's cost Lawler the WWE title, he's got him a good kicking, he's been a dick to people on commentary and he's annoyed the crowd for so long now, a good kicking is what the angle needs. Cole's been outsmarted by Austin in the segment last night. He's not had a pasting. Heels need to be outsmarted every now and again in a feud. Just like in 2006 when Michaels was getting his life ruined by the McMahons and Michaels threw piss in Vince face. The next week Vince comes back with something worse. Cole will get his revenge next week.

Cole's the most hated act on the show. The fans will lap it up when Lawler hammers him.

Archived