Raw Discussion *Spoilers* 7/3

Super Cena

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much to add that's not already been said, but I absolutely marked like a bitch at JBL's return this week. I was a genuine fan of his title reign during the dark days of 2004 as he (and Eddie) was one of the only reasons to watch Smackdown a during that period. Great to see Zigz on Raw, but it's a shame that Morrison jobbed just to put him over. It's a weird one with Morrison. Everytime he's about to get pushed they just pull the rug from underneath him and push him straight back down the ladder. That's the problem with WWE and it's younger guys. They push them and at the point they are getting over and the fans care, they just bury them. Kingston, Morrison, Swagger, Sheamus, I could go on. I'm not saying that they should necessarily put the World/WWE title on people just to get them over, it'd just be nice to see people not get absolutely buried after being pushed. It just makes it harder for them to create newer main-eventers that fans can actually invest time and interest in.

Threatening to get nasty with someone's bird is a million miles away from threatening male on male sexual acts with another wrestler.

Not to get in the way of your homophobia (Chris B can come along and question why only homosexual acts are indicative of a creepy, sexually perverse weirdo), but after threatening to help Kenzo's wife with her whiteface makeup, Cena told Kenzo to press his face up against the US title. Which was around JC's waist.

Threatening to get nasty with someone's bird is a million miles away from threatening male on male sexual acts with another wrestler.

Not to get in the way of your homophobia (Chris B can come along and question why only homosexual acts are indicative of a creepy, sexually perverse weirdo), but after threatening to help Kenzo's wife with her whiteface makeup, Cena told Kenzo to press his face up against the US title. Which was around JC's waist.

You are going a hell of a long way to try and justify a really shitty joke/insult by John Cena.

Homophobia?? Oh, come off it!

Certain things are pretty much accepted (rightly or wrongly) as insults. Saying to someone you want to bone their girlfriend or even telling them to suck your dick are pretty standard (though crude) insults. A straight man threatening another straight man with "I'll jizz on your neck" is just strange.

It's a bit like Cartman taking a photo of Butter's dick in his mouth and using it to laugh at Butters for "being totally gay".

You are going a hell of a long way to try and justify a really shitty joke/insult by John Cena.

I'm not justifying it at all. I thought it was rubbish when he did it in 2004, and it's still rubbish in 2011.

telling them to suck your dick are pretty standard (though crude) insults. A straight man threatening another straight man with "I'll jizz on your neck" is just strange.

That logic (and I use the term loosely) is just strange. "Have a suck of my dick, Rock, that's not weird for straight blokes to do. I'm not going to spunk on your neck though, that'd be gay."

I'm not justifying it at all. I thought it was rubbish when he did it in 2004, and it's still rubbish in 2011.

telling them to suck your dick are pretty standard (though crude) insults. A straight man threatening another straight man with "I'll jizz on your neck" is just strange.

That logic (and I use the term loosely) is just strange. "Have a suck of my dick, Rock, that's not weird for straight blokes to do. I'm not going to spunk on your neck though, that'd be gay."

There are probably thousands of examples in TV and Film where the phrase "suck my dick" or "blow me" is used as a generic insult from one man to another. It's not clever or subtle, but it gets it's point across and people know what is meant by the phrase. It essentially means "hey, fuck you".

I have personally never heard someone insult the other by threatening to spunk on them. Not on TV, in films or anywhere else.

It was just a very odd thing to say. That's all I'm saying.

Maybe you use "Shut up or I'll bloody well give you a pearl necklace" as a fight-starting insult outside Pubs. I've never heard such a thing said though.

There are probably thousands of examples in TV and Film where the phrase "suck my dick" or "blow me" is used as a generic insult from one man to another. It's not clever or subtle, but it gets it's point across and people know what is meant by the phrase. It essentially means "hey, fuck you".

I have personally never heard someone insult the other by threatening to spunk on them. Not on TV, in films or anywhere else.

It's just a more off-the-wall version of the same shite. Which would probably work better in a Will Ferrell film than in front of a wrestling audience who are just going to go "ewww, queer! Should've just told him to suck his dick, like DX."

It was just a very odd thing to say. That's all I'm saying.

Maybe you use "Shut up or I'll bloody well give you a pearl necklace" as a fight-starting insult outside Pubs. I've never heard such a thing said though.

The harder boys from my school/area used to hang around with a lad who was a year or two older than us, and he used to constantly threaten them with rape whenever they cheeked him. "Bend over!" was pretty much his catchphrase, from what I could gather. I don't think he ever bummed any of them, but I only hung around with them for one night. I wasn't allowed back because of the long hair. He became one of those cunts who walks round the estate with a bulldog-mastiff type thing, and they tend to have kids and black-eyed wives.

I do often issue "I'm going to jizz in your eye" threats, but only to girls. On the Internet.

Yeah, i wasn't trying to start a petty argument, just thought it was a stupid choice of insult.

The threat of buggery is at least violent sounding. "I'll splooge on your man-boobs" just makes the person saying it sound like a very strange fellow.

Those blokes with scary dogs are well cool. If only I looked good with a skin-head, i could have joined in.

• Moderators
The harder boys from my school/area used to hang around with a lad who was a year or two older than us, and he used to constantly threaten them with rape whenever they cheeked him.

"I'll fuck you like your mam".

Rape between men is used for power, you've seen Adebisi.

It's a bit like Cartman taking a photo of Butter's dick in his mouth and using it to laugh at Butters for "being totally gay".

To be honest, I think the joke there was a 8 year old not getting it, and being a thick comic foil.

To be honest, I think the joke there was a 8 year old not getting it, and being a thick comic foil.

Oh yeah, of course it was.

That's exactly why I thought a similar joke made Cena look like an idiot. He was Cartman in this scenario, acting as though jerking off over Rock's face made Rock "the gay".

• Moderators

I'd say that's not about sexuality and about the passive and the aggressive. The Jizzor (Great new word, going to use it often) is the man in a position of power. The Jizzee is passive.

I accept your Jizzor/Jizzee theory, but unfortunately every other joke Cena made in that Rap was a gay joke. Choosing a deep, sexual-power based insult to mix in the middle was somewhat confusing.

Again, i love the idea of young Cena fans googleing "pearl necklace" to find out what their Hero was on about though, so it was worth it in the end.

Again, i love the idea of young Cena fans googleing "pearl necklace" to find out what their Hero was on about though, so it was worth it in the end.

Here's the first result underneath the ads:

Pearl necklace (sexuality) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A pearl necklace is a slang term referring to a sexual act in which a man ejaculates semen on or near the neck, chest or breast of another person. ...

In mass media - See also - Notes - References

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_necklace_(sexuality) - Cached - Similar

Poor kiddies will be scarred for life. I hope Cena raps about Annette Schwarz next.

• Paid Members

Here's the first result underneath the ads:

Pearl necklace (sexuality) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A pearl necklace is a slang term referring to a sexual act in which a man ejaculates semen on or near the neck, chest or breast of another person. ...

In mass media - See also - Notes - References

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_necklace_(sexuality) - Cached - Similar

Poor kiddies will be scarred for life. I hope Cena raps about Annette Schwarz next.

They won't even know what the term means. They'll just see Cena busting out a pearl necklace and wonder "Why is he giving Rock a pearl necklace?" It'd be odd as hell to a kid.

Admittedly...I didn't even know that's what a pearl necklace meant :/ I just assumed Cena was trying to make The Rock out to be someone who wears effeminate clothing. But you'd never, ever catch my favourite wrestler of all time doing that.

DwayneJohnsonSNL5.jpg

Archived