Raw Discussion *Spoilers* 7/3

Super Cena

• Paid Members
Did Cena really threaten to give Rocky a "pearl necklace"?

Words fail me.

Rock threatened to put things up Cena's arse as well. And Miz threatened to put things up Rock's arse.

But that at least features violent pain. Jizzing on someone, what now?!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Threatening to stick something up someone's arse is a legitimate threat, though, whereas threatening to jizz neatly on someones chest (thanks to those who keep me in the know) is just...weird...

For example, my grumpy Irish grandad when I was young would get annoyed that I used to play with his slippers, folding them in half and throw them around, and would shout; "put me slippers down or i'll shove 'em up ye'arse ye'little eejit." However, he would not say "put me slippers down or i'll jizz on you". That'd be strange.

What's a candy ass? Because a direct translation is "sweetie bum" and "I'm going to stick this up your sweetie bum" doesn't sound as cool. Regal should adopt it as a catchphrase.

Send Iceman King Parsons a PM, he'll know. He was the first bloke I ever heard refer to people as candy-asses and roody-poo's!

• Paid Members

A candy ass is a wimp, or a weak person. It was a term that got used a lot by those leather jacket and tight white t-shirt wearing, too much grease in their hair kinda gangs that ran in the 40's or 50's. You know, the ones who dressed like John Travolta in Grease. It was a common insult thrown around by the mafia too. Having read a few mobster autobiographies, it gets used quite a bit. Its someone who avoids danger, gets scared easy is weak minded and shows female character traits. Suppose they would just be really camp guys.

• Paid Members
Rock threatened to put things up Cena's arse as well. And Miz threatened to put things up Rock's arse.

Yeah, but he didnt threaten to stick his cock, or his finger, or tongue, or dildo up Cena's bum. Which makes it different. As Daz pointed out, thats a pretty common threat/insult, threatening to cum on someones chest isnt. Its pretty intimidating, but for the wrong reasons.

Words fail me.

Being jizzed on would probably make a macho, heterosexual bloke feel like a bit of a yabba dabba bitch.

Words fail me.

Being jizzed on would probably make a macho, heterosexual bloke feel like a bit of a yabba dabba bitch.

..but then the bloke doing it would be even more of a creepy, sexually perverse weirdo. The idea of sticking your boot up someone's ass (as a non-literal threat) is fine. The thought of threatening someone with spunking on them is just fucking odd.

- Though I LOVE the idea of some of Cena's younger fans in attendance turning to their dads for an explanation of what "giving someone a pearl necklace" means.

I saw the final segment of Raw earlier this evening, and I must say that on the sparse occasions I do watch WWE now, The Miz absolutely nailed that. Or smashed it. Whatever. He was awesome indeed, I loved the way he beat Cena back down after he started to stir and the delivery was excellent on the promo too, I haven't seen that much of the guy, but he absolutely looked main event here.

..but then the bloke doing it would be even more of a creepy, sexually perverse weirdo. The idea of sticking your boot up someone's ass (as a non-literal threat) is fine. The thought of threatening someone with spunking on them is just fucking odd.

That's true. Still, it never bothered anyone when he was threatening to do it to Kenzo Suzuki's bird. Awful "U R Gay" and "rape lolz" lines have been Cena's rapping trademarks since about 2003, which is often forgotten by the spastics who say things like "he should go back to being a rapper, he was good when he did that." Although I think the only reason anyone says that anyway is that they were about 11 at the time Cena was doing it, and found that sort of material hilarious. They probably enjoyed him reverting to it, just the same as there are people hitting thirty who found "yabba dabba" and "Barney's anus" delightful purely because they used to enjoy the not-aged-well-at-all catchphrases and stupid bluster from the attitude era.

That's true. Still, it never bothered anyone when he was threatening to do it to Kenzo Suzuki's bird. Awful "U R Gay" and "rape lolz" lines have been Cena's rapping trademarks since about 2003, which is often forgotten by the spastics who say things like "he should go back to being a rapper, he was good when he did that." Although I think the only reason anyone says that anyway is that they were about 11 at the time Cena was doing it, and found that sort of material hilarious. They probably enjoyed him reverting to it, just the same as there are people hitting thirty who found "yabba dabba" and "Barney's anus" delightful purely because they used to enjoy the not-aged-well-at-all catchphrases and stupid bluster from the attitude era.

Threatening to get nasty with someone's bird is a million miles away from threatening male on male sexual acts with another wrestler. They are completely different situations. Someone saying "I want to shag your wife" is a pretty clear offensive, fight-starting tactic", saying "I want to shag you" is, once again, just really odd.

Putting the actual material to one side, timing and delivery is just as important. Rock has it in spades (so much so that Hollywood wanted him) where as Cena is very hit and miss. Rock can be entertaining with even silly material, Cena doesn't do so well, for me anyway.

I personally preferred his rapper days because A) when he was doing it as a heel, it was clearly a bit of a joke as he was an over the top, wigger, who the faces could mock for being Marky-Mark or Vanilla Ice, and B) when he first turned face, it was still a bit tongue-in-cheek. and it was something different.

Then over the space of a few years he became a suck-up, Troops-loving, fake-marine, smiley git, who swapped his (sometimes stupid, but sometimes quite funny) raps for a load of really lame jokes and silly voices. He became a poor-man's Rock.

Archived