Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

This might need spoiler tagging, but Kevin Nash's confirmed Sting is in WWE on his twitter:

Alright, Fuck it. Sting is fighting Trish Status in a Hell in the Cell match at Wrestlemania. Happy?

Sounds like a cracking match.

That sounds more like winding the 'net fans up than saying, "Yeah, my buddy has signed with my new employer too."

Sounds like Ian winding people up, more like.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to be Sting - 10 years since WCW went under, WM's in Atlanta and not only was Sting one of WCW's greatest success stories, he's also the last true legend never to have worked for the WWE. From what I've read over the years, there's never been any friction between the two parties and with both Sting and Vince knowing just how much potential there is to be had from "The Icon" going to the Dub (WM, Merch, DVD, Book etc), then I can't see why people seem to think that there's no chance it could happen.

The only two feasible (though highly unlikely) alternatives are that it's a) 'Taker, or b) a new 'dark', Undertaker-esque character coming to face 'The Deadman' at 'Mania.

I very much doubt that it's Taker because, as has already been pointed out earlier in this thread, they wouldn't bring him back with a vignette which bares such resemblance to Sting's Starrcade one, with it being so close to the Atlanta 'Mania.

I doubt that it's b) either; to debut a complete newcomer who could realistically pose a serious threat to Undertaker's WM streak would be nigh-on impossible.

Only a couple of years ago Hade Vansen was apparently slated for the Taker Mania match, and he hadn't even appeared on WWE TV (and ultimately only appeared in 1 vignette before the plan and his WWE career was aborted).

I've not heard of that before. Do you remember when was this planned to take place? For example, six months before 'Mania could be seen as sufficient time to build up a character. We're only a couple of months off Mania now, and having gone over Michaels the past two years on the bounce, it's going to take someone with a serious amount of credential to pose any sort of threat to Taker's streak.

Sorry I don't recall specific timescales. If you were to google when Hade got released and subtract a week you'll have the time period the promo aired. Of course since the match with Taker didn't happen there's no way of knowing it wasn't just a rumour.

Then there was Moredecai, who was a dark power that the WWE Magazine alerted me to, who was gunning for the dead man.

mordecai.jpg

Did he even make it to a match?

• Paid Members
Yeah, he came out and unconvincingly squashed Scotty 2 Hotty on his debut.

Sure he had at least one or two more matches after that as well.

If i remeber rightly he beat hardcore holly, although ended up losing to Rey Mysterio and disapeered. He then turned up X ammount of time in the future as Kevin Thorne.

• Paid Members
Theres a guy on my Facebook, Frank Goodman who promoted in New York and is quite well known and knows Sting personally (this guy comes with real credentials so need to disbelieve him) and he said last night that Sting has now signed with WWE.

Fair dues, i'll still stick to my "I'll believe it when i see it" guns, but im hoping for the best!

Yeah, he came out and unconvincingly squashed Scotty 2 Hotty on his debut.

Sure he had at least one or two more matches after that as well.

If i remeber rightly he beat hardcore holly, although ended up losing to Rey Mysterio and disapeered. He then turned up X ammount of time in the future as Kevin Thorne.

I miss Kevin Thorne actually. When he cut his hair and ditched the "I'm a real vampire" stuff I thought he was alright...

anyway if it is indeed the Stinger then...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

OH my fucking God! STING to wwe!!! Fuck yes.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

...but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I just can't see them doing Sting v Taker at Wrestlemania, even if it IS him. As many have pointed out, Taker is never, ever going to lose at the big show, so that kind of removes the interest, plus Sting's first match back shouldn't be a loss.

I'll stick my finger in the air and say, if Sting has been signed, we'll see Sting v HHH at Wrestlemania. That should be an excellent match, and Trips doesn't mind laying down at Wrestlemania.

I just can't see them doing Sting v Taker at Wrestlemania, even if it IS him. As many have pointed out, Taker is never, ever going to lose at the big show, so that kind of removes the interest, plus Sting's first match back shouldn't be a loss.

I'll stick my finger in the air and say, if Sting has been signed, we'll see Sting v HHH at Wrestlemania. That should be an excellent match, and Trips doesn't mind laying down at Wrestlemania.

He doesn't seem too keen on lying down for the WCW superstars alumni club though!