Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

• Paid Members
If I was Scott Steiner, I'd be really pissed off right now. He's said a few times (like Nash) that he was in TNA to hang out with his mates and enjoy wrestling a bit, and being brought back into a reforming MEM must have sounded great.

Now he's there, and there's no Sting, no Booker, no Nash, and they're all whooping it up in WWE (a place forever closed to him now). Poor Poppa Pump.

Why is it forever closed to him?

Wellness!

I don't think it's forever closed to anyone. If Vince likes you or thinks he'll make money off you, you'll be in.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the average Raw audience (notably different make-up to a ppv audience, especially RR or WM) how many people do you think will really get the enormity of a Sting appearance?

*EDIT; Also, if there is a generous portion of the audience expecting Sting then aren't they going to look stupid if its not, yet the fans start chanting 'WE WANT STING'. No one wins in that instance.

Thing is, not that long ago they presented the current demographics and it wasn't as child heavy as you think. In fact a large number of fans were considerably older.

Can't remember where it was from now and the source was never revealed, but I wouldn't be too surprised is Sting got a decent reaction.

• Paid Members
Considering the average Raw audience (notably different make-up to a ppv audience, especially RR or WM) how many people do you think will really get the enormity of a Sting appearance?

*EDIT; Also, if there is a generous portion of the audience expecting Sting then aren't they going to look stupid if its not, yet the fans start chanting 'WE WANT STING'. No one wins in that instance.

Thing is, not that long ago they presented the current demographics and it wasn't as child heavy as you think. In fact a large number of fans were considerably older.

Can't remember where it was from now and the source was never revealed, but I wouldn't be too surprised is Sting got a decent reaction.

Considering the reaction diesel got, (and i think it was for mainly for the fact he was diesel and not kevin nash), i wouldnt be suprised if he got a huge reaction from the crowd.

• Paid Members
though it's strange Sting himself hasn't issued any comment at all. If it wasn't him I'd have thought he'd issue a comment via his website so his fans aren't disappointed.

Why would he want to do that? Whether he's signed or not, his stock increases in the publics eye if he's a big talking point. Also, Sting in real life could probably give a fuck. He's not Bret Hart or DDP. If he hasnt signed, he's probably either on the golf course or running his Christian retreat. If you book him, he will come, as they say. If you haven't got him under contract, he's not the type to step in and voice his opinion. Why would he?

I'm not conviced its Sting either, but him not speaking out makes no difference whether it is him or not. Sting never talks to the wrestling press or gets his face on the net to put himself over.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
though it's strange Sting himself hasn't issued any comment at all. If it wasn't him I'd have thought he'd issue a comment via his website so his fans aren't disappointed.

Why would he want to do that? Whether he's signed or not, his stock increases in the publics eye if he's a big talking point. Also, Sting in real life could probably give a fuck. He's not Bret Hart or DDP. If he hasnt signed, he's probably either on the golf course or running his Christian retreat. If you book him, he will come, as they say. If you haven't got him under contract, he's not the type to step in and voice his opinion. Why would he?

Well, purely because of his Christian faith. Honesty and what not.

• Paid Members
Well, purely because of his Christian faith. Honesty and what not.

What? Where has he lied? No idea what your going on about there.

OK for one he doesn't seem the type to care about self promotion.

For two, if something like this has become "all about him" in the eyes of fans, the right thing to do would clearly be to comeout and say "hang on, this isn't promoting me - I've nothing to do with it" - Christianity (depending on his denomination I guess) promotes doiing the right thing, and in that case the honest thing to do would be to debunk the rumours.

• Paid Members
OK for one he doesn't seem the type to care about self promotion.

And that makes him a liar?

For two, if something like this has become "all about him" in the eyes of fans, the right thing to do would clearly be to comeout and say "hang on, this isn't promoting me - I've nothing to do with it" - Christianity (depending on his denomination I guess) promotes doiing the right thing, and in that case the honest thing to do would be to debunk the rumours.

WWE's the biggest wrestling company in the world. Its not All Star Wrestling, where they put Davey Boy Smith on the poster two years after he's dead. I didnt know Sting had the monopoly on blokes in leather coats in the piss rain. He has fuck all to release a statement about. This might be (and probably is) there longest running performer returning - The Undertaker - so its not like the casual fan sees a long coat and thinks ITS STING!!!!! And he's not lied at all. You dont even know if he watches Raw or keeps in contact with the fans on PWInsider.com. Also, he's in a business where even the height of his character is fake, so him saying "ITS ME, ITS ME! Dont bother watching until February 21, because its defo me!" is going to sort of ruin the angle if its him, isnt it? Take this one up with Kenny McBride in the religion thread, because it makes no fucking sense in this one.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
That post makes absolutely no sense Ron.

Yes it does. The opposite of "honesty" isn't always a lie. You can create an honest situation without being a liar by avoiding it. Christianity isn't all about being "honest", but it's certainly part of it. I'm looking at things from a religious perspective (I'm not religious myself, but I've studied it and I've been brought up surrounded by it) and that's definitely the attitude they would take.

WWE's the biggest wrestling company in the world. Its not All Star Wrestling, where they put Davey Boy Smith on the poster two years after he's dead. I didnt know Sting had the monopoly on blokes in leather coats in the piss rain. He has fuck all to release a statement about. This might be (and probably is) there longest running performer returning - The Undertaker - so its not like the casual fan sees a long coat and thinks ITS STING!!!!! And he's not lied at all. You dont even know if he watches Raw or keeps in contact with the fans on PWInsider.com. Also, he's in a business where even the height of his character is fake, so him saying "ITS ME, ITS ME! Dont bother watching until February 21, because its defo me!" is going to sort of ruin the angle if its him, isnt it? Take this one up with Kenny McBride in the religion thread, because it makes no fucking sense in this one.

I'm not calling him a liar, you don't quite get what I'm saying. I don't expect him to come out and admit IF IT IS him, but I'm saying if it ISN'T he might feel inclined to, you know, come out and say that.