Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

After a few flips 'n rotates on MS Paint, I bring you Exhibit A.

stingpic.jpg

LULITZSTINGER~

Quite impressive that! I can imagine the video being similar to the Jericho return one, itl shuffle the numbers around to reveal the name Sting. Either that or its a freaky coincidence

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
it's not fucking Raven either (what tit suggested it was him?!)

Me, based on absolutely no evidence other than Raven once wore a coat like that.

No, it was some other tit who seemed to make the suggestion entirely seriously. Surely if it had been Raven anyway he would have given us a glimpse of his shopping trolley?

Wouldn't it be great if in the next promo video, the camera zoomed in to the window to show Nash, Hall and X-Pac sitting on a sofa drinking a beer and watching the football?

Wouldn't it be great if in the next promo video, the camera zoomed in to the window to show Nash, Hall and X-Pac sitting on a sofa drinking a beer and watching the football?

Only if the video starts off with eery music, and ends with the early 90's Grandstand music or Saint and Greavsie are in the background.

I imagine they'd be watching American football, but still....

In fact, throw in Larry Zbysko as well, he can be taking off his trenchcoat by the door.

I cant honestly believe anyone would suggest that Raven would be worth this level of hype, it is either Sting or 'Taker.

Remember when Raven first came to the WWF, the rumours were that they had big plans for him, possibly starting off with an Undertaker feud, which had so much potential (could've similar to the Mankind feud 4 years earlier). What a complete pisser for us Raven fans to see him make his anticipated debut in a curtain-jerking strap match to feud for a fortnight with an announcer, pick up a win over Jericho, then get jobbed out to everyone, before disappearing into Heat/Metal obscurity! Still annoys me a bit that. It came as no surprise to learn of Vince famously saying "who the hell hired Raven". Raven could've been great for a couple of years in the WWF.

Anyways, it's gotta be Sting. Surely they must know that the video at least would have fans thinking of Sting, they'll know that most fans who were around in the 90s want it to be Sting, and, given a month, there'd be no problem hyping him up to younger kids who haven't heard of him.

Surely it's not in their best interests to disappoint the fans by dragging out the Undertaker as though he'd been away for years or something when it's only been 3 months.

Perhaps the idea is to make people think it's Taker, and have Taker actually turn up on that date which would naturally lead to Sting turning up then too.

There is no way they'd be dumb enough to have Sting come in and then not do a Taker Wrestlemania match, so surely they will both be at that RAW on the date hinted.

It has to be Sting - 10 years since WCW went under, WM's in Atlanta and not only was Sting one of WCW's greatest success stories, he's also the last true legend never to have worked for the WWE. From what I've read over the years, there's never been any friction between the two parties and with both Sting and Vince knowing just how much potential there is to be had from "The Icon" going to the Dub (WM, Merch, DVD, Book etc), then I can't see why people seem to think that there's no chance it could happen.

The only two feasible (though highly unlikely) alternatives are that it's a) 'Taker, or b) a new 'dark', Undertaker-esque character coming to face 'The Deadman' at 'Mania.

I very much doubt that it's Taker because, as has already been pointed out earlier in this thread, they wouldn't bring him back with a vignette which bares such resemblance to Sting's Starrcade one, with it being so close to the Atlanta 'Mania.

I doubt that it's b) either; to debut a complete newcomer who could realistically pose a serious threat to Undertaker's WM streak would be nigh-on impossible.

It has to be Sting - 10 years since WCW went under, WM's in Atlanta and not only was Sting one of WCW's greatest success stories, he's also the last true legend never to have worked for the WWE. From what I've read over the years, there's never been any friction between the two parties and with both Sting and Vince knowing just how much potential there is to be had from "The Icon" going to the Dub (WM, Merch, DVD, Book etc), then I can't see why people seem to think that there's no chance it could happen.

The only two feasible (though highly unlikely) alternatives are that it's a) 'Taker, or b) a new 'dark', Undertaker-esque character coming to face 'The Deadman' at 'Mania.

I very much doubt that it's Taker because, as has already been pointed out earlier in this thread, they wouldn't bring him back with a vignette which bares such resemblance to Sting's Starrcade one, with it being so close to the Atlanta 'Mania.

I doubt that it's b) either; to debut a complete newcomer who could realistically pose a serious threat to Undertaker's WM streak would be nigh-on impossible.

Only a couple of years ago Hade Vansen was apparently slated for the Taker Mania match, and he hadn't even appeared on WWE TV (and ultimately only appeared in 1 vignette before the plan and his WWE career was aborted).

• Paid Members
This might need spoiler tagging, but Kevin Nash's confirmed Sting is in WWE on his twitter:

Alright, Fuck it. Sting is fighting Trish Status in a Hell in the Cell match at Wrestlemania. Happy?

Sounds like a cracking match.

That sounds more like winding the 'net fans up than saying, "Yeah, my buddy has signed with my new employer too."

Only a couple of years ago Hade Vansen was apparently slated for the Taker Mania match, and he hadn't even appeared on WWE TV (and ultimately only appeared in 1 vignette before the plan and his WWE career was aborted).

I've not heard of that before. Do you remember when was this planned to take place? For example, six months before 'Mania could be seen as sufficient time to build up a character. We're only a couple of months off Mania now, and having gone over Michaels the past two years on the bounce, it's going to take someone with a serious amount of credential to pose any sort of threat to Taker's streak.