Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

Be amazing for TNA if Sting is still with them, all this buzz is like advertising for them when he returns. And if he has went to WWE, well they might have wished they got him tied up in another deal.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Be amazing for TNA if Sting is still with them, all this buzz is like advertising for them when he returns. And if he has went to WWE, well they might have wished they got him tied up in another deal.

How so? No one's really mentioned TNA thus far. It's all, "Sting in WWE, OMFG match with Undertaker at WrestleMania! What? Oh, he's in TNA? Oh, OK then."

• Paid Members

How so? No one's really mentioned TNA thus far. It's all, "Sting in WWE, OMFG match with Undertaker at WrestleMania! What? Oh, he's in TNA? Oh, OK then."

Im guessing anybody whos hyped about this is hyped about him coming to WWE to wrestle taker, s oas khemical said if he turns up in TNA, nobodu who is currently interested....will be interested!

a few things ive heard over the net:-

1. why would taker be coming back to raw

2. he has been advertised for the 21st raw for a one off so why would they have a vignette for that

3. its not your typical taker vignette, no flashback etc

• Paid Members
a few things ive heard over the net:-

1. why would taker be coming back to raw

2. he has been advertised for the 21st raw for a one off so why would they have a vignette for that

3. its not your typical taker vignette, no flashback etc

All three are spot on, allthough in the same respect after watching it......i couldnt see how any of that has anything to do with sting either. The only thing i could that slightly relates to him in the trench coat.....which is very slim just based on that.

If it helps i think the person in the video was wearing "Cowboy" boots, which would be odd for the stinger i think. Again i hope it is him, but i wouldnt put money on it.

He was advertised locally for that show, but TV ads were taken off that area's television by WWE earlier this week.

As he's been gone a lot longer than this in the past and not received mystery return vignettes (as mentioned above, they usually go with flashbacks for him) I really don't think it will be Undertaker.

My money is on Sting and Undertaker both appearing on that night's Raw (one of them interrupting the other's promo) and kicking off the final leg of the road to WrestleMania by getting that match announced with enough time for a few more weeks of hype.

I'd like to see the big announcement on 21-02-11 be that Sting will be inducted in the Hall of Fame this year, then have him come out to the ring like HBK did the other week.

Undertaker could then interrupt to say he's faced and beaten legend after legend at WrestleMania over the last 20 years and there was just one more on his list.

That would be cool.

I'd like to see it as a total swerve and make the surprise even more shocking if it is Sting of course.

Right at the end of Raw I'd have the lights go out as the commentators are speaking to the camera and then the gong, then have Undertaker either appear in the ring or his music hit and he would come down, then he would walk over and get a microphone. He would announce that over the last few weeks there have been warnings to the locker room in the form of video packages that he would be back (thus killing everyones anticipation of Sting turning up) and announce now he is back for Wrestlemania to defend his streak again but he feels as though following his win over Shawn Michaels and ending his career in the process there is no one else on the roster he sees as a real challenge now. Then the lights go out. And either:

A. The lights return with Undertaker laid out and a black baseball bat next to him. Then everyone would think Sting and it may be less surprising when he appears in person.

or

B. The lights return and Sting is stood face to face with him and they go back out again after about 5 seconds and Sting is gone. That way Sting would have made his appearacne in person without doing anything really but the crowd reaction would be crazy and there's still be loads of things to come as it would have just been a taster. Obviously him being there like that would be enough for everyone to realise he is challenging Taker for Wrestlemania.

Considering the average Raw audience (notably different make-up to a ppv audience, especially RR or WM) how many people do you think will really get the enormity of a Sting appearance?

*EDIT; Also, if there is a generous portion of the audience expecting Sting then aren't they going to look stupid if its not, yet the fans start chanting 'WE WANT STING'. No one wins in that instance.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Considering the average Raw audience (notably different make-up to a ppv audience, especially RR or WM) how many people do you think will really get the enormity of a Sting appearance?

It's all in how the commentators sell it - times like this they could do with JR to convey the importance.

• Paid Members
Didn't see the cowboy boots. Could this be the return of the 'Cornfed Meathead' Skip Sheffield? - This is of course meant in jest, but it's worth remembering that such non-entities like Ezekiel Jackson have received vignettes in the past. Maybe not as cryptic but....

You laugh but didn't it recently come out that Vince sees the potential in Sheffield to be the company's #2 babyface after Cena? If he's serious this is the kind of thing that could be used to reintroduce him after the injury.

If I was Scott Steiner, I'd be really pissed off right now. He's said a few times (like Nash) that he was in TNA to hang out with his mates and enjoy wrestling a bit, and being brought back into a reforming MEM must have sounded great.

Now he's there, and there's no Sting, no Booker, no Nash, and they're all whooping it up in WWE (a place forever closed to him now). Poor Poppa Pump.

If I was Scott Steiner, I'd be really pissed off right now. He's said a few times (like Nash) that he was in TNA to hang out with his mates and enjoy wrestling a bit, and being brought back into a reforming MEM must have sounded great.

Now he's there, and there's no Sting, no Booker, no Nash, and they're all whooping it up in WWE (a place forever closed to him now). Poor Poppa Pump.

Why is it forever closed to him?

• Paid Members

Why is it forever closed to him?

Something to do with not liking many people there, mainly triple h i think. Although regardless of his situation, after WWE has now started doing stuff with savage and warrior again, id stick with the never say never attitude. Plus i think Scott has been a real team player for the past few yeears in TNA i believe.