UFC 127: Penn vs Fitch Discussion thread

wandshogun09

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see a upset in the main event, im going with Penn

Fitch for his many wins is actually quite inconsistent, Roan Canario, Mike Pierce who at the time where only mid level guys at 170 both had him in serious trouble and UFC cast of Chris Wilson also took a round of him

Fitchs best performance for me was his grit against GSP going 5 rounds after being knocked down standing in the first and his win over Diego Sanchez narrow as it was, was impressive, I wasnt as impressed as most in his win against a zombiefired Alves last time out

Fitch is certaintly ranked in my top 3 in the world at 170,maybe number 2 but I feel this is a bad match up for him, yes BJ got overwelmed by GSP and Edgar but on his day BJ has excellent Takedown defence and excellent striking to boot

Edgar was just too quick for him and remember BJ did win the first meeting between him and Edgar on most fans accounts, GSP is simply the best at 170, I dont think Fitch has enough fire power and quickness to get BJ down consistently and on the feet if the proper BJ shows up and I believe he will, I see BJ outpointing Fitch for a points win

Elsewhere

- Georges should submit Siver after a few hairy moments standing, I believe he is a legit contender at 155, he has the best guard passes and bjj in the UFC 155 weightclass

- Bisping I think after all the talk will play in safe and outpoint Rivera like he did with Leben, the video where Rivera mocked Bisping with the South Park song was hilarious

- Everything else is meh from a relevence standpoint, but I bet we will have some awesome fights, fights with unowns and also rans always seem to provide entertainment on UFC/Strikeforce cards

• Paid Members
Missed it, damn! Forgot it was on, was sitting here on the computer too. Anyone not make weight?

Nope, Sotiropoulos came in a pound over but thats allowed, yet he still looked a-bit worried that he was over, he then realized it was fine and got on with the stare down.

Missed it, damn! Forgot it was on, was sitting here on the computer too. Anyone not make weight?

Nope, Sotiropoulos came in a pound over but thats allowed, yet he still looked a-bit worried that he was over, he then realized it was fine and got on with the stare down.

Oh God, that would be terrible if Sotiropoulos didn't make weight, he's my favourite fighter and probably gets a title shot if he beats Siver, missing weight would throw a huge spanner into that. Sots is a consumnate professional though, he was probably kicking himself for not getting the perfect 155.

Fitch for his many wins is actually quite inconsistent, Roan Canario, Mike Pierce who at the time where only mid level guys at 170 both had him in serious trouble and UFC cast of Chris Wilson also took a round of him

He bested Carneiro via submission early in the 2nd round, won unanimous decisions against both Pierce & Wilson. I feel you may be grasping at straws here.

Penn has a chance to win this fight, absolutely, but he's going to have to be at the very top of his game to beat Fitch.

I'm hoping Jon Fitch puts on one of his usual professional performances and dominates BJ. As talented as Penn is I'm sick to death of hearing the usual "the REAL BJ Penn is here" "BJ is back" "BJ is movitated" blah. blah blah.

Looking forward to a Michael Bisping fight for the first time in a good while. Think he'll beat Rivera but if Akiyama can hurt him coming in then Rivera can do much more damage.

Sotiropoulos - Siver should be a fun match and I think Sotiropoulos will take a lop-sided decision.

On paper this card doesn't look as good as the last 2 or 3 events but I've found them disappointing so wouldn't be suprised if this one turned out to be an amazing show.

• Paid Members

He bested Carneiro via submission early in the 2nd round, won unanimous decisions against both Pierce & Wilson. I feel you may be grasping at straws here.

Penn has a chance to win this fight, absolutely, but he's going to have to be at the very top of his game to beat Fitch.

I actually watched Fitch/Carneiro recently, it was one of Fitch's better fights as far as entertainment goes. Carneiro was decent, he's a high level BJJ black belt and also has some really solid wrestling so style wise he was a tough match for Fitch. Carneiro dominated the first round but Fitch submitting Carneiro was a pretty big deal and a bit of a surprise from what I remember.

I can't remember the Wilson fight much. I seem to recall Fitch winning that fairly comfortably. I remember Pierce rocking Fitch quite badly late in their fight.

• Paid Members

Ariel Helwani interview with Dana White about UFC 127 and Fedor's loss to Bigfoot

And here's Dana's video blogs leading into tonight's show

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44nvn8RvYog...player_embedded

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE9hTaPC4lw...feature=channel

Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbvKTpvsh3k...feature=channel

• Paid Members
Bisping and Rivera at the weigh ins was great, real intense stuff.

What time do the live facebook fights start?

I think it's 1am our time. It says 8pm ET which is usually 5 hours behind us so should be 1am, then whack ESPN on at 2am for the Ion prelims :thumbsup:

Bisping and Rivera at the weigh ins was great, real intense stuff.

What time do the live facebook fights start?

I think it's 1am our time. It says 8pm ET which is usually 5 hours behind us so should be 1am, then whack ESPN on at 2am for the Ion prelims :thumbsup:

Cheers. At least 10 full fights so it should hopefully be a good night of action. The fights i'm looking forward to most are Bisping vs. Rivera, Fisher vs. Pearson and Siver vs. Sot.

Archived