UFC 127: Penn vs Fitch Discussion thread

wandshogun09

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough just throwing the challenge out there David :p

Back on subject

The UFC may have got a decent break with the draw in the Penn vs Fitch fight

If GSP does indeed beat Sheilds and move up to fight Anderson and vacates, it would be very easy for the UFC to promote Fitch vs Penn 2 for the vacant belt

Espicially now with Kampman losing, I can only think of Condt as a serious contender at 170, Kos and Hardy are both coming of brutal losses, Sanchez isnt ready, neither is Ebersole or anyone else I can think of, plus Sheilds will need some rebuilding if GSP beats him

EDIT: Maybe Alves could be a decent contender if he beats Rick Story, still 170 isnt as stacked as it once was, espicially compared to 155 which is madness

The part I have highlighted isn't what I have said...whatsoever, once again you've focused on a small point within my post, changed it to something I haven't said, then ridiculed it.

It's not like I'm misquoting you or taking something you're saying out of context. You continue to maintain the knee wasn't intentional and you used the 'Rivera wasn't concussed' fact as evidence to try and prove your case. If that wasn't your point, please explain why you brought up Rivera not being concussed?

I didn't think for a second you would take part...I have no idea how it proves your paranoid theory that me having an opinion is secretly me having an objective of trying to show you up.

You're showing yourself up...in the same post that you criticise me for having insulted you, you ridicule me for suggesting a good natured friendly prediction challenge (which Ebb endorsed as a good idea) then call me a geek.....and i'm the one with bizarre logic?

You're a bottler Mo, what on earth do you have to lose? As you say it's only a silly signature bet...and you're intelligent enough to know that it's not about the signature it's about the principle and a bit of friendly fun to see which of us does the better.

You've went on and on dismissing my opinions, changing my points, insulting me, calling me a troll and saying I know fuck all then trying to pass it off as ''i'm joking mate LOLZ'' then at the offer of a challenge and a little bit of fun to see whether I am all the stuff you say or you're just a ego-maniac that can't handle people not agreeing with him you bottle it then label it as pathetic rather than show some balls and take 5 minutes of your time to take part in some harmless fun.

I'm absolutely not a bottler. I'm just not playing ball to fuck with you. You know, just as a little bit of fun and all! :thumbsup:

Also, pointing out you've been insulting me and then calling you a geek has what to do with logic? I've mostly been criticising you for your opinions whereas many of your criticisms have been more about me.

Anyway, what are you going to do next? Call me a coward?! A chicken?! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No, you're just solidifying my point that you keep trying to change what I'm saying to something else so it supports your argument better. I am saying Rivera didn't even get a concussion in response to your earlier point of;

''He then landed the knee, which Rivera was clearly dazed by, and after that Bisping started landing far more punches and the momentum definitely turned.''

If the blow wasn't even severe enough to cause a concussion (which you can get from heading a football) and the doctor (who isn't hired by the UFC but the state athletic commission) said he was fine to continue then it weakens the strenght of the argument that the knee alone had such an impact to significantly turn the momentum.

So you run, or did run a UKFF MMA prediction league, which is essentially the exact same thing as I am suggesting only with more competitors. Which you took time to run, collate the predictions, calculate the scores and post the results...yet that isn't geeky but me suggesting just the two of us have a crack at it is!?

Hence the reason I'm calling you a bottler, because you run your mouth then dismiss the offer of friendly competion and make criticisms that are hugely flawed by your own admissions (please see paragraph directly above) so you don't have to take part and risk losing.

You don't have any good reason not to take part, it wouldn't take much time, other posters would be interested in seeing it happen (Ebb and David already), you run or ran a hugely similar prediction league and you have nothing to lose other than face...you ARE a bottler Mo and no amount of trying to laugh it off, calling me a geek or anything else is going to change that.

You won't take part because you are too scared you'll lose, so I've already proved my point...I don't need for you to take part and lose to me to ''show you up'' as you keep alleging was my intention all along and seem so scared of happening because the fact that you won't even risk it without having any good reason not to whatsoever is plenty.

Problem with a prediction challenge is that is basically pot luck a lot of the time with MMA

Their is little consitency in MMA and with the judges getting things wrong so often its not a good reflection of someones MMA knowledge and this comes from me who won his small prediction league last year

There is some skill involved sometimes, but it is more luck than anything

• Paid Members
No, you're just solidifying my point that you keep trying to change what I'm saying to something else so it supports your argument better. I am saying Rivera didn't even get a concussion in response to your earlier point of;

''He then landed the knee, which Rivera was clearly dazed by, and after that Bisping started landing far more punches and the momentum definitely turned.''

If the blow wasn't even severe enough to cause a concussion (which you can get from heading a football) and the doctor (who isn't hired by the UFC but the state athletic commission) said he was fine to continue then it weakens the strenght of the argument that the knee alone had such an impact to significantly turn the momentum.

What absolute fucking rubbish. I made that comment DAYS ago, so it's not like you were responding to that particular point- you were using it to defend your argument that the knee wasn't intentional IN RESPONSE TO DANA WHITE'S COMMENTS!

Also, AND I'M SURE YOU'LL IGNORE THIS DESTRUCTION OF YOUR ARGUMENT: so when a fighter throws a big punch in fights which change the momentum of a fight (e.g. plenty of Scott Smith fights), but they're not concussive blows, does that mean they didn't really change the momentum of a fight? *cue Vegas arguing that I'm taking him out of context for the thousandth time*

I mean seriously, you have come out with so many bullshit arguments and with such unbelievably flawed logic, even Kriss Sprules would be proud.

So you run, or did run a UKFF MMA prediction league, which is essentially the exact same thing as I am suggesting only with more competitors. Which you took time to run, collate the predictions, calculate the scores and post the results...yet that isn't geeky but me suggesting just the two of us have a crack at it is!?

I and others didn't run the prediction league to try and settle a dispute. Not that you can make the distinction.

Hence the reason I'm calling you a bottler, because you run your mouth then dismiss the offer of friendly competion and make criticisms that are hugely flawed by your own admissions (please see paragraph directly above) so you don't have to take part and risk losing.

I said my own criticisms are hugely flawed? I'd ask you where I said that, but there's no point. With pretty much everything you've posted, I'VE RESPONDED POINT BY POINT BUT YOU HAVEN'T BECAUSE YOU ONLY RESPOND TO STUFF YOU THINK YOU CAN RESPOND TO AND IGNORE EVERYTHING ELSE YOU FIND TOO DIFFICULT TO ARGUE AGAINST.

You don't have any good reason not to take part, it wouldn't take much time, other posters would be interested in seeing it happen (Ebb and David already), you run or ran a hugely similar prediction league and you have nothing to lose other than face...you ARE a bottler Mo and no amount of trying to laugh it off, calling me a geek or anything else is going to change that.

You won't take part because you are too scared you'll lose, so I've already proved my point...I don't need for you to take part and lose to me to ''show you up'' as you keep alleging was my intention all along and seem so scared of happening because the fact that you won't even risk it without having any good reason not to whatsoever is plenty.

Taking part in a game of luck, which is a lose-lose for me, won't settle anything. So no amount of name calling will get me to take part in something so ridiculous (as jim explains above, a prediction contest doesn't prove anything).

If you're so determined to 'settle this'- do it properly. Have a debate with me over Skype. We'll get ebb or David to host it (the audio can then be posted here, for anyone who might want to listen to it, which probably wouldn't be more than two or three people because nobody cares about this argument). That way, we can actually debate this properly so you won't have the opportunity to misinterpret DAMN NEAR EVERYTHING I've said. Settle it like a man, not like a child with a lame-arse 'prediction challenge' suggestion. We'll see who the real bottler is.

Taking part in a game of luck, which is a lose-lose for me, won't settle anything. So no amount of name calling will get me to take part in something so ridiculous (as jim explains above, a prediction contest doesn't prove anything).

If you're so determined to 'settle this'- do it properly. Have a debate with me over Skype. We'll get ebb or David to host it (the audio can then be posted here, for anyone who might want to listen to it, which probably wouldn't be more than two or three people because nobody cares about this argument). That way, we can actually debate this properly so you won't have the opportunity to misinterpret DAMN NEAR EVERYTHING I've said. Settle it like a man, not like a child with a lame-arse 'prediction challenge' suggestion. We'll see who the real bottler is.

I'm not going to ignore you ''destruction of my argument'' because you clearly know better what I am referring to than I do :rolleyes:

So I'm a geek because I suggest something that takes 5 minutes yet you suggest a debate over Skype? Please explain how one is geeky and the other isn't?

The predictions aren't solely luck...of course there is an element of luck as there is in any form of competition but it's hugely unlikely that the whole thing would be decided one way or another simply by luck. That's like saying that if you were to predict football results on a betting slip then it's a game of luck...of course in each individual match there is the potential for flukes, refereeing decisions and other things...but it still requires a level of skill outwith those factors.

If we're going to take turns in coming up with new ideas of trying to finalise this nonsense then I propose we have a UFC themed bake-off, we each re-create a main event fight via the medium of interpretive bakery.

I don't know of what relevance a Skype debate, debating the exact same things we're debating now via audio rather than text would make any difference. I tell you what though, you want to try and flip it around...then how about we see which David and Ebb think would be a better idea...if it's the predictions we do that, if it's Skype we do that?

Surely I can't say fairer than that?

Archived