UFC 127: Penn vs Fitch Discussion thread

wandshogun09

Fitch for his many wins is actually quite inconsistent, Roan Canario, Mike Pierce who at the time where only mid level guys at 170 both had him in serious trouble and UFC cast of Chris Wilson also took a round of him

He bested Carneiro via submission early in the 2nd round, won unanimous decisions against both Pierce & Wilson. I feel you may be grasping at straws here.

Penn has a chance to win this fight, absolutely, but he's going to have to be at the very top of his game to beat Fitch.

Not my point that he didnt clearly win those fights, he did

Point is that Pierce and Wilson espicially took rounds of him at a time where both where seen as mid-lower level guys at 170 in the UFC, Canario was a bad match up fair enough but the fights with Pierce and Wilson show that he isnt as dominating as some believe, not to say he isnt top 3 at 170

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fitch for his many wins is actually quite inconsistent, Roan Canario, Mike Pierce who at the time where only mid level guys at 170 both had him in serious trouble and UFC cast of Chris Wilson also took a round of him

He bested Carneiro via submission early in the 2nd round, won unanimous decisions against both Pierce & Wilson. I feel you may be grasping at straws here.

Penn has a chance to win this fight, absolutely, but he's going to have to be at the very top of his game to beat Fitch.

Point is that Pierce and Wilson espicially took rounds of him at a time where both where seen as mid-lower level guys at 170 in the UFC, Canario was a bad match up fair enough but the fights with Pierce and Wilson show that he isnt as dominating as some believe, not to say he isnt top 3 at 170

What is your point? That, shock-horror, Jon Fitch may have dropped a round now and then on his way towards racking up his superb UFC record?

What is your point? That, shock-horror, Jon Fitch may have dropped a round now and then on his way towards racking up his superb UFC record?

No my point is he isnt as dominating as some believe, he has looked less than stellar against some mid level guys

Although Fitch's record although statistically good this is a big challenge for him in terms of the quality of his opponent. The one thing thats for certain is that no matter who wins the winner is going to go to the top of the division and the loser is going to have to question their future in MMA

Although Fitch's record although statistically good this is a big challenge for him in terms of the quality of his opponent. The one thing thats for certain is that no matter who wins the winner is going to go to the top of the division and the loser is going to have to question their future in MMA

What do you mean the loser is going to have to consider their future in mma? Neither would retire because of one loss...

• Paid Members

So I watched the Countdown show and, well, fucking hell. That bit on Jorge Rivera losing his daughter was absolutely heart breaking. I was already supporting him by default since he's going against Bisping, but now it's on a whole other level.

Really classy of Bisping to be calling him a faggot during the weigh-in, too. The knob.

What do you mean the loser is going to have to consider their future in mma? Neither would retire because of one loss...

But they would change weight class....

I never said retire but they would certainly need to make a major change if it is either change weight class or change style dramatically as both of them need to prove something tonight if they want to continue like on their current path

• Paid Members
So I watched the Countdown show and, well, fucking hell. That bit on Jorge Rivera losing his daughter was absolutely heart breaking. I was already supporting him by default since he's going against Bisping, but now it's on a whole other level.

Really classy of Bisping to be calling him a faggot during the weigh-in, too. The knob.

:laugh: Did you miss the childish racist shit Rivera and his team has been doing and saying the last few weeks? Calling someone a faggot is fucking nothing compared to when Mike spat on the corner which he will no doubt pay a price for, End of the day Rivera got destroyed tonight, maybe 1 day he will talk himself up another fight on the upper of the card but he showed nothing but a wild right swing. Bisping made him humble tonight, Rivera needs to leave the shit talking to those like Sonnen who can you know back it up (when he is not failing drug test's Money laundering or being caught in submissions).

Don't know how it came across on TV but the crowd at Acer Arena was absolutely electric. Great overall night (well day for us) of fights, the only blemishes being the Ring vs Fukuda fight, which was fairly boring, but the real heat came from the judging of Ring as the winner, every person in the arena knew it was bullshit, and let the chant erupt.

Then there was the main event. A typical Fitch fight, which made Ring vs Fukuda look like Lesnar vs Velasquez in terms of excitement. Honestly, Fitch almost singlehandedly ruined 127 for me, by being his usual shit wet blanket self. Thank fuck he didn't get the decision due to Penn's strong first round.

Lytle vs Ebersole was my FOTN, followed by Sots vs Siver. I was disappointed that George didn't win, but it was a great fight regardless.

• Paid Members

:laugh: Did you miss the childish racist shit Rivera and his team has been doing and saying the last few weeks? Calling someone a faggot is fucking nothing compared to when Mike spat on the corner which he will no doubt pay a price for, End of the day Rivera got destroyed tonight, maybe 1 day he will talk himself up another fight on the upper of the card but he showed nothing but a wild right swing. Bisping made him humble tonight, Rivera needs to leave the shit talking to those like Sonnen who can you know back it up (when he is not failing drug test's Money laundering or being caught in submissions).

Well, except Rivera was getting the better of their exchanges until Michael landed that illegal and intentional knee. That should have been a straight DQ because I don't know how anyone can claim that was accidental and Rivera, if not concussed, was not far off being in that state.

The spitting, finger flipping, baiting and swearing were all really classy.

Bisping was a monster after the fight. but if your punching fuck outta someone you can expect to be v fired up. spitting was way too much. knee on thr ground looked deliberate, and that and the spitting will keep him out of the title picture.

Archived