UFC 127: Penn vs Fitch Discussion thread

wandshogun09

Fuckin hell give it a rest lads

Sorry Hulk mate, as I said I genuinely never meant for this to get anywhere near the ridiculous nonsense it's became I am just flabbergasted at Mo, back on topic now :thumbsup:

Yeah, your original response to me started with a complete troll comment, so the whole 'I only wanted to have a sensible discussion' bullshit doesn't fly.

Dry your eyes.

Trolling would be if I had put the one comment and then just left it at that waiting for a response to start tit for tat arguments, which isn't what it was, I followed it up with several attempts to try and put across several points which you wilfully ignored, so just let it go.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Fuckin hell give it a rest lads

Sorry Hulk mate, as I said I genuinely never meant for this to get anywhere near the ridiculous nonsense it's became I am just flabbergasted at Mo, back on topic now :thumbsup:

Yeah, your original response to me started with a complete troll comment, so the whole 'I only wanted to have a sensible discussion' bullshit doesn't fly.

Dry your eyes.

Trolling would be if I had put the one comment and then just left it at that waiting for a response to start tit for tat arguments, which isn't what it was, I followed it up with several attempts to try and put across several points which you wilfully ignored, so just let it go.

Yeah, I ended up ignoring points you made to arguments I never made in the first place. :rolleyes:

Anyway, back onto non-trolling matters (from Gareth Davies' Telegraph blog):

Michael Bisping has refuted the accusation that he deliberately kneed Jorge Rivera in the face in the opening round of their middleweight bout at UFC 127, in Sydney, and denied spitting at Matt Phinney, one of Rivera

• Moderators

Ugh. Bisping is the biggest cunt in the entire world. Bad loser, bad winner. Fuck that guy.

And there's no way I'm ploughing through the mess of posts in this thread, so this may have already been said, but regarding the illegal knee: All this "oh, he was just angry and in the moment!" is bullshit. How many hundreds of fights have we seen where the participants have been angry, or nervous, or desperate, and still never seen someone land something as utterly blatant as that? Both fucking knees on the ground. This wasn't one of those cases where the opponent drops into a position that would be illegal while the knee is still being thrown, it's just a case of a guy losing his shit then making excuses. Fuck-a Bisping.

• Paid Members

Were they UFC hired doctors as opposed to commission ones? I wouldn't like to say "dude on company payroll encouraged to let fights go", but jeez, you'd think a responsible doctor seeing a guy glassy eyed after a knee straight to the head, or another guy who's flat out said his vision is obstructed, should call it a day.

• Paid Members
Ugh. Bisping is the biggest cunt in the entire world. Bad loser, bad winner. Fuck that guy.

And there's no way I'm ploughing through the mess of posts in this thread, so this may have already been said, but regarding the illegal knee: All this "oh, he was just angry and in the moment!" is bullshit. How many hundreds of fights have we seen where the participants have been angry, or nervous, or desperate, and still never seen someone land something as utterly blatant as that? Both fucking knees on the ground. This wasn't one of those cases where the opponent drops into a position that would be illegal while the knee is still being thrown, it's just a case of a guy losing his shit then making excuses. Fuck-a Bisping.

Well, it's the point I made. How anyone (well, JV) can make excuses for that kind of bullshit is beyond me. It's about as blatant an example of cheating as you'll ever find in MMA. To argue it wasn't is like arguing the moon is made of cheese.

There is a mentality in MMA that however much trash talk or insults you receive, you must at the conclusion of the fight go over to your opponent, hug him and show all is well. Rogan and Goldberg can then witter on about respect and how classy the sport is and everyone is happy.

Bisping showed something real that maybe if someone insults you and your family enough you might be actually be more happy to shove his nose in it after you have smashed him.

Rivera should know that if you trash talk someone then you live and die by the sword of your insults. Getting TKO'd brutally, you look like an idiot.

I feel Rivera's lot know their guy is about to go back to prelims and will kick up any fuss they can now.

• Paid Members
Were they UFC hired doctors as opposed to commission ones? I wouldn't like to say "dude on company payroll encouraged to let fights go", but jeez, you'd think a responsible doctor seeing a guy glassy eyed after a knee straight to the head, or another guy who's flat out said his vision is obstructed, should call it a day.

I think they were commission ones, but they didn't seem to have much of a clue what the fuck was going on.

The Rivera fight really should have been a DQ loss for Bisping and the Hunt-Tuscherer fight should never have been allowed to continue with a cut that bad.

Michael Bisping is an utter cunt, and that certainly counts against him when I think of whether I thought the knee was deliberate cheating. Funnily enough, yeah, I think it was.

Agreed with the main event decision. Big fan of Fitch, but he just didn't do enough in the second round for me.

Certainly better than you sticking up for blatant cheating. "yeah, because he did some trash talk".

Umm... it's still cheating. And funnily enough, most people manage to go through a fight after similar or worse and not cheat. Bisping can't do that though. Because as has been shown over and over again, he is a cunt.

I can't believe people are willing to defend Bisping after that display, even if it does say "UK" on his passport. He's supposed to be a professional fighter. Time and time again now he's proven himself to have no class, in victory or defeat.

Aside from that, really good show. Shame Soto got beat, though.

• Paid Members
hyperbole much.

Gay lingo much?

As much of a cunt as Bisping is, I think he's great! Really exciting in promos, stare-downs, trash talk, mannerisms, and fights. Blatant intentional knee though. Loved the weigh-in: "...prick. You're fucking dead!" *waves & smiles at crowd*

Thought Fitch won his fight.

Good show overall! Ebersol fight was good fun, as was Mark Hunt's! Impressed with Siver's takedown defence, although Snuffaluffagus kept going for the same weak single-leg, so it got predictable & easy for Siver after a while!

Archived