UFC 127: Penn vs Fitch Discussion thread

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Could happen, Sot's still developing his stand up game and Siver's a seasoned striker and packs some power with his punches and kicks. George was getting rocked by Joe Lauzon a couple of times if I remember right and Siver is a much better striker than Lauzon.

It's one of them fights where they're both so good at one thing that it all depends who comes in with the better strategy and maybe a bit of luck.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh great job again by the UFC showing prelims :)

they are showing 2 on facebook (Quan/Reinhardt, Perosh/Blackledge) again and have another 2 going on ION TV (Pearson/Fisher, Ta Huna/Gustaffson) brilliant stuff, more fights make me happy.

I'm assuming we'll get the ION TV portion on ESPN so we're guaranteed the Gustaffson fight which should be a good one)

Thats not all.

We are also getting the Nick Ring vs Riki Fukuda fight on the ESPN broadcast (with Pearson/Fisher & Ta Huna/Gustaffson)!

That makes only 2 fights on the whole show that aren't getting aired (live atleast), makes the night even better.

• Paid Members

anyone seen the staredown at the press conferene between Bisping/Rivera? Bisping is fucking fired up...its hard to tell if Rivera is going all quiet here to fuck with Bisping, or he genuinely belives he's pissed off the wrong guy, but i got the feeling that Rivera seemed a little nervous.

Either way, i think Rivera's done his job in that he's going to get Bisping into a brawl.

The final video from Jorge Rivera about Bisping, an apology (kind of):

You've gotta wonder how much time Rivera spent actually training for the fight with all these videos they put out. :laugh:

Oh my that was quite painful to watch, I can't wait to see Bisping smash him about at the weekend.

• Paid Members

ok, here's some predictions from me:

-BJ Penn vs Jon Fitch - can't see anything other than a Fitch decision. It's an interesting main event in that everyone seems to be torn on what's going to happen...i'm a little tired of the 'BJ is better at 170' speech, when we have the same thing when he goes back down to 155. I think BJ is just kinda lost at the moment and he really needs to perform here, if he loses god knows where he goes? I think Fitch's rare conistency will get him through though, he's been tough spots and gutted it out, Fitch decision.

-Michael Bisping vs Jorge Rivera - already made my thoughts on this clear, i think Bisping is going to smash Rivera...the hype behind this has gotten big and it's kind of a nothing fight that has turned into the unofficial main event of the card. Rivera has the punchers chance and i'd love to see him pull it off but if Bisping's on point he should win comfortably, he needs to finish though.

-George Sotiropoulos vs Dennis Siver - Dennis Siver is one of the most unexpected success stories of the last year, don't think many people thought he would make it to this level...exciting little fucker to watch though, and i fancy his chances against anyone standing. Siver's predicting a submission finish but i still think his priority will be the KO. I still see George winning on the ground, but if Siver keeps it standing i'll have him...it depends where the fight takes place. I'll take Siver by upset TKO though.

-Chris Lytle vs Brian Ebersole - no idea about Ebersole as he's late replacement and it's a case of if Lytle underestimates him. The change might mean Chris Lytle fights a little more convervatively because he's going in blind a little. Lytle should win, but late replacements are a tough gig. Still, Lytle decision.

-Kyle Noke vs Chris Camozzi - Not really deserving of main card, but Noke's from Aus so it's understandable. Not seen anything of Camozzi since TUF so it's hard to call, i'll take Noke by TKO though because he seems legit, and with the home advantage he's going to be pumped.

My predictions for the main card are Fitch, Bisping, Sotiropoulos, Lytle and Noke.

I can't see past Fitch grinding out a decision win. The size factor will be big in this fight. I'll be cheering on BJ, but it should be a hard fight for him.

I think Bisping will KO Rivera within the first two rounds, it could be a good scrap though.

I'm going for a first round submission win for Sotiropoulos. It's a really interesting fight, but I think Sot will win this once he gets it to the ground.

For the rest of the fights i'm going for:

Fisher - Decision

Gustafsson - KO/TKO

Jewtuszko - Sub

Fukuda - KO/TKO

Tuchscherer KO/TKO

Perosh - Decision

Zhang - KO/TKO

• Paid Members

Just read this article on James Te Huna. He's gonna be donating his entire purse to the victims of the recent earthquake in Australia.

Full article here

http://onehd.com.au/onehd/newsarticles/Com...uake-Appeal.htm

Such a generous thing to do, especially when you consider he's not one of the bigger earners in the UFC. It's not like he can afford to fight for free.

Archived