UFC 127: Penn vs Fitch Discussion thread

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

I know we've got 126 first but this one's only a few weeks away and with an intriguing main event, a sure fire all out war with Lytle/Condit, 4 Brits on the card plus some interesting stuff on the prelims (UFC debuts for Fukuda, Jewtuszko and Zhang) thought it was worth sticking up now.

UFC_127_16x9_lo%20res.jpg

MAIN CARD - (PPV/ESPN)

-BJ Penn vs Jon Fitch

-Michael Bisping vs Jorge Rivera

-George Sotiropoulos vs Dennis Siver

-Chris Lytle vs Brian Ebersole

-Kyle Noke vs Chris Camozzi

PRELIMS - (Ion/ESPN)

-Spencer Fisher vs Ross Pearson

-Alexander Gustafsson vs James Te Huna

PRELIMS - (Facebook)

-Tom Blackledge vs Anthony Perosh

-Tiequan Zhang vs Jason Reinhardt

UNAIRED PRELIMS

-Riki Fukuda vs Nick Ring

-Mark Hunt vs Chris Tuchscherer

-Maciej Jewtuszko vs Curt Warburton

Really nice card there. Can see Bisping/Rivera, Condit/Lytle and Fisher/Pearson being cracking fights. Sotiropoulos' fight is an interesting one but risky with him being close to a title shot a loss would set him back. And the main event is an interesting clash of styles.

Would rather have seen Fisher vs Pearson on the main card over the Noke fight but it's to be expected with Noke being from Oz.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to be there live. Can't fucking wait! :D

I agree with you on pretty much everything there, even the thing about Fisher vs Pearson. Not a big Noke fan despite being an Aussie, but Sotiropoulos is the shit.

I just pray that Fitch doesn't just lay on Penn for 3 rounds. A repeat performance of what Penn did to Matt Hughes would suit me nicely. :)

• Paid Members
UFC just announced that Pearson vs Fisher will be shown live on ESPN. No idea if it is going to be on by itself or as part of an hour long Prelim special though.

Well I'm alot happier now!

That's great news

So what time will this be showing over here then? I cant remember if it was a reasonable time for the last show or not

The last one was the usual 3am start time. The show was held in the afternoon Aussie time to allow them to air it on PPV in the States. I'd imagine it'll be the same this time.

Actually I just noticed on the poster the times are all afternoon so I guess that means it will be the same as last time. So 3am for us as usual.

Reports are that Fitch has finally got a clue and doesn't plan on fighting like a boring twat anymore. I guess we'll see if that's true or not.

Overlooking his loss to GSP, Fitch hasn't lost for almost nine years. I'd say that whatever he's doing at present is working just fine for him.

Reports are that Fitch has finally got a clue and doesn't plan on fighting like a boring twat anymore. I guess we'll see if that's true or not.

Overlooking his loss to GSP, Fitch hasn't lost for almost nine years. I'd say that whatever he's doing at present is working just fine for him.

Except for getting a title shot, which if practically anyone else had his record would of had another one.

• Paid Members

Although if GSP does go to MW the back end of this year/early next year, then Fitch has got to be up there as the new king at WW (Amongst one or two other).

Changing his style right now might not be the best idea.

Except for getting a title shot, which if practically anyone else had his record would of had another one.

So he should change his style, lose, and then... umm... not get a title shot anyways?

Jon Fitch is winning fights and that should be enough. The fact that it isn't says more for UFC than it does about Fitch.

I'm sure Fitch really has trouble sleeping at night because the fans think he's boring.

This should be a good event, 126 is a cracker as well.

• Paid Members
UFC just announced that Pearson vs Fisher will be shown live on ESPN. No idea if it is going to be on by itself or as part of an hour long Prelim special though.

Well I'm alot happier now!

happy with that :) if this show was anywhere else that fight would have been on the main card in place of Noke/Caraso, but i understand why that's there...as long as we get to see both, i don't care.

Archived