UFC 127: Penn vs Fitch Discussion thread

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

The Tale of Count Bisping

Jorge Rivera takes trash talking to a whole new level.

I still think Bisping's going to win handily but you can't fault Rivera's attempts to get Bisping to come in and brawl with him. I'm a fan of both guys so im sitting the shelf again, but it would be pretty sweet to see the Rivera comeback roll-on.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Absolutely gutted about Lytle/Condit. That was easily the fight I was most looking forward to.

GSP/Fitch 2 or GSP/Penn 3?

Rather have neither tbh.

And remember it might not even be GSP holding the title if he does beat Shields and moves to 185.

That would leave the welterweight division even more unclear imo because I can't think of any other top guy at 170 currently who could make sense to fight the Fitch/Penn winner for a vacant title. Kos,Shields would be coming off losses and Alves needs a couple of wins. Come to think of it Penn vs Alves would be sweet.

Absolutely gutted about Lytle/Condit. That was easily the fight I was most looking forward to.

GSP/Fitch 2 or GSP/Penn 3?

Rather have neither tbh.

And remember it might not even be GSP holding the title if he does beat Shields and moves to 185.

That would leave the welterweight division even more unclear imo because I can't think of any other top guy at 170 currently who could make sense to fight the Fitch/Penn winner for a vacant title. Kos,Shields would be coming off losses and Alves needs a couple of wins. Come to think of it Penn vs Alves would be sweet.

Rick Story would have to be in contention aswell if he gets past Thiago Alves at UFC 130. Lytle aswell.

And possibly Jake Ellenberger.

Penn vs Condit? I think the fine print of this fight contract says, "If BJ wins, he's the no. 1 contender. If Fitch wins, Jake Shields gets another shot after losing to GSP." Since GSP is moving to MW, we probably don't have to worry about rematch city. The WW division is going to get really interesting after April. I think the guys that could face Penn for the title include Condit, Lytle and Alves. Actually, they would all be awesome fights.

I think the guys that could face Penn for the title include Condit, Lytle and Alves. Actually, they would all be awesome fights.

The guys that could face Fitch you mean ;)

Haha, I'm supporting Penn all the way. Even if Fitch does win, I'm sure Dana will come up with a way to avoid giving him a title shot.

I think the guys that could face Penn for the title include Condit, Lytle and Alves. Actually, they would all be awesome fights.

Haha, I'm supporting Penn all the way. Even if Fitch does win, I'm sure Dana will come up with a way to avoid giving him a title shot.

He managed to avoid giving him a titleshot because a Strikeforce champion was willing to jump ship to the UFC. Once that fight is over & done with a victory over Penn will put Fitch way ahead of anyone else in the division.

He managed to avoid giving him a titleshot because a Strikeforce champion was willing to jump ship to the UFC. Once that fight is over & done with a victory over Penn will put Fitch way ahead of anyone else in the division.

Jon Fitch is way ahead of anyone in the division not called George St Pierre. Unless BJ beats him.

Fitch has spoke about fighting at Middleweight, i'd be interested to see how he does there, because for me, if he beats BJ Penn, there's only really Jake Shields for him to fight at Welterweight. Jon Fitch can probably lay claim to having cleared out his division without ever winning the title (and obviously with the exception of GSP)

• Paid Members

Jon Fitch is way ahead of anyone in the division not called George St Pierre. Unless BJ beats him.

Fitch has spoke about fighting at Middleweight, i'd be interested to see how he does there, because for me, if he beats BJ Penn, there's only really Jake Shields for him to fight at Welterweight. Jon Fitch can probably lay claim to having cleared out his division without ever winning the title (and obviously with the exception of GSP)

I'd imagine that if there's even a sniff of GSP moving up to Middleweight, Fitch'll be staying right where he is. He and everyone else knows that with no GSP, a vacant Welterweight belt has his name all over it.

Anybody seen the Auction the UFC are doing for this show to help out all the people affected by the floods in Australia?

They are auctioning singular fighter kits i.e. Bisping's fight-worn gloves, shorts & walkout t-shirt. Pearson's set has the highest bid atm of $550.

The main thing they are auctioning though, it looks superb - full credit to UFC for doing stuff like this to help people in need.

It is called the 'Ultimate Aussie Fan Experience', the current bid is at $3,000 - this is what you get:

The Ultimate way to experience the biggest fight card in Australian history! You and a friend will have unbelievable access behind the scenes at both the weigh-in and on fight day, to the Octagon, and to the combatants and guest fighters. You'll stay for two nights in a two-bedroom apartment at the official UFC 127 host hotel Star City, have breakfast with UFC star Kenny Florian, plus much, much more.

* Two nights (February 25th and Saturday 26th) in a two-bedroom apartment at the official UFC 127 host hotel Star City

* Two VIP tickets to UFC 127, sitting next to UFC fighters Ryan Bader and Josh Koscheck

* Dream chance to visit one of your favourite fighters backstage and actually walk to the Octagon as part of his camp for his UFC 127 bout

* Reserved front row seating for the weigh-in and Fight Club Q and A

* Express passes to the front of the line for official UFC 127 autograph sessions

* Transport from hotel to and from the arena for weigh-in and fight day

* Go backstage at the UFC weigh-in, see the fighters prepare for battle and meet UFC President Dana White and other UFC personalities

* A pair of UFC gloves personally signed by BJ Penn & Jon Fitch

* Signed BJ Penn merchandise

* Fight day Breakfast with UFC fighter Kenny Florian

* Have photographs taken inside the Octagon before doors open to public

* VIP Backstage tour on fight day, visit with UFC staff and see the dressing rooms and behind the scenes

* Two UFC 127 event programmes

* Two UFC 127 t-shirts

* Two strictly limited UFC 127 posters signed by every fighter on the card

* Attend UFC 127 post-fight press conference

If only I had the money. :laugh:

Archived