The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

• Paid Members
* Abandon stop/start booking and don't dump a sensible booking idea just because it gets leaked (e.g. Christian return at Rumble 2009, Kharma return/title win at Extreme Rules).

Did he actually use that as an example?

He did.

"When word spread among fans that Christian would return to WWE at the 2009 Royal Rumble as Edge's lieutenant and be revealed as the mystery man responsible for a series of attacks on Jeff Hardy as part of Edge's feud with Jeff, WWE scrapped the plan and inserted Matt Hardy in Christian's place. That was the reason for the eleventh-hour alteration : WWE believed "too many people knew" Christian was the perpetrator.

Matt's heel turn on Jeff at the Rumble and run with his brother was mediocre. Realising it had made a rash decision, WWE turned Matt face again in August of that year. Meanwhile, Christian, who was thrilled at the prospect of being reintroduced in a top programme with Edge and the incredibly popular Jeff Hardy, was dumped on C brand ECW, where he floundered for months. What a senseless waste it was."

• Paid Members
They did this article about 18 months ago on WWE and TNA and other promotions. On that version these were the suggestions:

-An inter-promotional war between Evolve and Ring of Honor.

-MVP turn heel.

-WWE bring back Haas and Benjamin

-TNA should create a parody of John Cena: "create a parody of the over/under selling clown. TNA could dress the Cena send-up in gaudy merchandise (the t-shirt could read 'My Wrestling Sucks" on the front and "You can see through my work" on the back, and bear an illustration of him falling off the top rope with a terrified expression on his face). In the ring, the Cena parody could perform Cena's signature moves with even less dexterity than Cena does and at the end of each match, after his opponent has no-sold the Attitude Adjustment and the No Pressure STF and beaten him, the announcers could say that Cena should be sent back to wrestling school because he's 'not good enough to wrestle in TNA'".

-TNA should "present more high flyers and blood in its matches".

-Reduce WWE PPVs to 10 a year.

-WWE should sign Sting.

See how it compares.

That just can't be true? What a fucking idiot.

Not because I'm a Cena-hater, or think he's bad, but I don't think it's idiotic in itself, provided you ignore Fin's snarky bullshit, and make it a comedy character. I'd like to see a Cena-Gillberg - I bet it'd be funny.

* Have a tag team tournament once a year where main eventers and teamed with up and comers, creating possibilities for lower rung guys to get the rub, and new rivalries and turns can be initiated. (this is stupid and reminds me of the kayfabe-bereft Lethal Lottery pairings where every match used to "unpredictably" feature either enemies on the same team or friends on opposite sides. What's the storyline explanation for "we're teaming up these guys who are main eventers with these other guys who aren't"??)

I can vividly remember Fin reviewing a Battlebowl PPV a good few months ago and absolutely ripping into it, calling it a stupid concept and basically going through all it's flaws, with no positives whatsoever. How times change.

• Paid Members
-TNA should create a parody of John Cena: "create a parody of the over/under selling clown. TNA could dress the Cena send-up in gaudy merchandise (the t-shirt could read 'My Wrestling Sucks" on the front and "You can see through my work" on the back, and bear an illustration of him falling off the top rope with a terrified expression on his face). In the ring, the Cena parody could perform Cena's signature moves with even less dexterity than Cena does and at the end of each match, after his opponent has no-sold the Attitude Adjustment and the No Pressure STF and beaten him, the announcers could say that Cena should be sent back to wrestling school because he's 'not good enough to wrestle in TNA'".

The most idiotic thing about this idea is that Fin has repeatedly slated TNA for mentioning WWE on their shows and how it makes them look small time.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I was waiting for a train in Chester last week and was browsing through the magazines. I started reading through it quickly and seriously considered buying it, but then couldn't face the embarassment of walking up to the counter, paying for, and then walking round with a magazine featuring a topless bloke (Randy Orton) on the front.

We've never been the coolest of people to begin with, but do Wrestling magazines have to be so obviously Gay?

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

If they don't have a bag I buy a paper and hide it in there. Fuck walking in public with a wrestling magazine.

My local WHSmith has stuck them on the top shelf now (it was usually in the middle), the other magazines on the top shelf are stuff like Gay Times and those piercing/S&M/tattoo magazines for weirdos. You can't be subtle when you're reaching for the dreaded top shelf and the magazine you're clawing for looks the most homoerotic. Even the staff seem to think it's a bit much and hide in between the other muck.

I always died a little inside when the hot girl was working the till and I had to hand her over Poofslam.

• Paid Members

Well you might be pleased to know that you can spare your blushes and pick up the digital edition now. Of course, there has to be a catch - in spite of the fact that there are no printing or transportation costs and no stockist to take a cut, they'll still charge you the cover price for it.

I always died a little inside when the hot girl was working the till and I had to hand her over Poofslam.

It's always a woman. Always. You might as well smear yourself in raw sewage because I doubt it would kill your attractiveness any more. The only time I've bought it and had to encounter a guy is when I met someone I knew and stopped to chat and he asked what I was buying.

It's horrible.

If I still bought print media of any sort, I wouldn't care a shit about the opinion of the pond life that works in WH Smith round here.

Yeah, because you've got the moral highground on them, buying wrestling magazines, haven't you?

Bet you buy the Sunday Sport as well.