The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

• Paid Members

They did this article about 18 months ago on WWE and TNA and other promotions. On that version these were the suggestions:

-An inter-promotional war between Evolve and Ring of Honor.

-MVP turn heel.

-WWE bring back Haas and Benjamin

-TNA should create a parody of John Cena: "create a parody of the over/under selling clown. TNA could dress the Cena send-up in gaudy merchandise (the t-shirt could read 'My Wrestling Sucks" on the front and "You can see through my work" on the back, and bear an illustration of him falling off the top rope with a terrified expression on his face). In the ring, the Cena parody could perform Cena's signature moves with even less dexterity than Cena does and at the end of each match, after his opponent has no-sold the Attitude Adjustment and the No Pressure STF and beaten him, the announcers could say that Cena should be sent back to wrestling school because he's 'not good enough to wrestle in TNA'".

-TNA should "present more high flyers and blood in its matches".

-Reduce WWE PPVs to 10 a year.

-WWE should sign Sting.

See how it compares.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Paid Members
They did this article about 18 months ago on WWE and TNA and other promotions. On that version these were the suggestions:

-An inter-promotional war between Evolve and Ring of Honor.

-MVP turn heel.

-WWE bring back Haas and Benjamin

-TNA should create a parody of John Cena: "create a parody of the over/under selling clown. TNA could dress the Cena send-up in gaudy merchandise (the t-shirt could read 'My Wrestling Sucks" on the front and "You can see through my work" on the back, and bear an illustration of him falling off the top rope with a terrified expression on his face). In the ring, the Cena parody could perform Cena's signature moves with even less dexterity than Cena does and at the end of each match, after his opponent has no-sold the Attitude Adjustment and the No Pressure STF and beaten him, the announcers could say that Cena should be sent back to wrestling school because he's 'not good enough to wrestle in TNA'".

-TNA should "present more high flyers and blood in its matches".

-Reduce WWE PPVs to 10 a year.

-WWE should sign Sting.

See how it compares.

That just can't be true? What a fucking idiot.

I don't think it was Fin that wrote that, it's still a stupid idea though and would make the wrestler facing the comedy Cena impersonator look like a joke as well, they would have to get into position to "no sell" these moves and that's against someone who "should be sent back to wrestling school"

• Paid Members

Here are Fin's actual ideas :

* Unify the World titles and get rid of the United States title because the roster is too thin.

* Give the tag titles a few months off and build some new teams and then have a few-weeks-lomg tournament to crown new champions in September.

* Turn Orton & Punk heel and Daniel Bryan face.

shot at Cena : "I just hope WWE pulls the trigger on Bryan' turn before John Cena is allowed anywhere near him : Cena has wrecked enough wrestlers already. On the subject of Cena : I would suggest turning him too, but that, in the current environment, cannot and will not happen. As enthralling as it might be to speculate about the potential of a heel Cena character, this feature is only concerned with feasible booking proposals." REALLY, FINDLAY??

* Only have title defences on PPV to keep them special. (I thought they practically did that anyway?)

* Attempt to hire Bully Ray.

* Abandon stop/start booking and don't dump a sensible booking idea just because it gets leaked (e.g. Christian return at Rumble 2009, Kharma return/title win at Extreme Rules).

* Have a tag team tournament once a year where main eventers and teamed with up and comers, creating possibilities for lower rung guys to get the rub, and new rivalries and turns can be initiated. (this is stupid and reminds me of the kayfabe-bereft Lethal Lottery pairings where every match used to "unpredictably" feature either enemies on the same team or friends on opposite sides. What's the storyline explanation for "we're teaming up these guys who are main eventers with these other guys who aren't"??)

* Appeal to young adult fans by pushing younger stars, and not Chris Jericho wearing tight leather trousers.

shot at Cena : "... John Cena front and centre in that green merchandise (and cutting unfunny, juvenile promos and bumbling his way through painfully predictable matches"

* More developmentals.

* More "spontaneous" booking e.g. Nexus attacks, Punk shoots. Because they both had a long term impact, obvs.

* Daniel Bryan talk show (all together now.... YES!)

* Freshen up Raw - new look and reboot - perhaps on the 1000th episode which Fin thinks will have a bigger than normal audience.

I get the impression the deadline caught up with him near the end and he thought "shit, better get off Twitter and finish."

• Paid Members
* Have a tag team tournament once a year where main eventers and teamed with up and comers, creating possibilities for lower rung guys to get the rub, and new rivalries and turns can be initiated. (this is stupid and reminds me of the kayfabe-bereft Lethal Lottery pairings where every match used to "unpredictably" feature either enemies on the same team or friends on opposite sides. What's the storyline explanation for "we're teaming up these guys who are main eventers with these other guys who aren't"??)

They do this regularly in Mexico, with the theory being that the young guy qualifies as a rookie. In fact it's really just a slight twist on season one of NXT. It would only really work with new (or newer) guys rather than, say, Jericho taking Ziggler or Swagger under his wing.