The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

Wretch, there isn't a chance in hell Martin wouldn't have put in what he want from posters he could tolerate, despite what Mo may have forwarded for suggestion.

You really dislike ol Fin dont ya Ciderbag :laugh:

He's the Bowser to my Mario.

To be fair, I'm only harsh on him when I believe its valid and I'm only giving my thoughts. When he deserves praise I give it. Fin doesn't give a shit what I think most likely so it's fair game - he's the one with a successful wrestling mag which has been out for best part of 20 years, not me.

PowerSlam is a newsletter with glorified circulation. It baffles me how a magazine with that format can be regarded as a viable seller by Tesco, but FSM isn't.

Simply put, you have to buy space in Tesco stores.

So do you not feel your magazine could make a profit next to Power Slam in such an environment?

PowerSlam is a newsletter with glorified circulation. It baffles me how a magazine with that format can be regarded as a viable seller by Tesco, but FSM isn't.

Simply put, you have to buy space in Tesco stores.

So do you not feel your magazine could make a profit next to Power Slam in such an environment?

In side-by-side tests, in terms of content and price-point, I'd confidently put FSM up against any other pro wrestling/MMA publication out there.

But I would say that, wouldn't I? :)

• Paid Members

I can only buy FSM in WHSmiths in Sunderland. I can't find it anywhere else. Power Slam seems to be everywhere now, though. Which is typical considering I never buy it anymore. When I collected PS, I'd be down the fucking down every Thursday pissing about on my dinner break and sneeking it back in work up my coat so nobody would see me with an oily picture of Triple H on the cover.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

I can only buy FSM in WHSmiths in Sunderland. I can't find it anywhere else. Power Slam seems to be everywhere now, though. Which is typical considering I never buy it anymore. When I collected PS, I'd be down the fucking down every Thursday pissing about on my dinner break and sneeking it back in work up my coat so nobody would see me with an oily picture of Triple H on the cover.

I specifically remember hiding a copy of PS I bought before school which had Raven on the front cover in 2000. I'd of had it twice as hard, people would have assumed both gay, and grunge fan.

• 4 weeks later...

From the PS Twitter;

John Cena will participate in a Money In The Bank match because WWE feels it does not have anyone worthy lined-up to face him 1-on-1 on PPV.

On the bright side, at least WWE hasn't pitted Cena against Daniel Bryan yet. I hope Bryan turns face before Cena ruins him as well.

• Paid Members
You can laugh at Fin Martin all you want but I dont see anyone here making a wrestling magazine.

There isn't enough "MNNNNNNNNNERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" in the world to accurately sum up my response to you. Go back to your Jim Davidson videos, you fucking bell.

I specifically remember hiding a copy of PS I bought before school which had Raven on the front cover in 2000. I'd of had it twice as hard, people would have assumed both gay, and grunge fan.

I remember my friend spotting a copy of COMBAT magazine in my bag at college (it had an article on EWW in it which I wanted to read). When he asked what I was doing with a martial arts magazine (I had never shown any interest in the subject in my entire life and I'd known the guy for years and he thought I'd stopped watching wrestling years earlier) I came up with some completely over the top bullshit excuse about my mum wanting it for school (she's a BIOLOGY teacher) as they were doing a seminar on how to protect yourself. Absolutely rediculous cover up. I'm still not sure if he bought it or not as I swiftly changed the conversation.