Jump to content

The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted
11 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Reveal hidden content

 

Psychic Force 2012 being one of the very worst games on the system is so wild to me, for me that series is one of the best hidden gems of that era of 3D fighters.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I started working my way back from #1 and was getting increasingly more incensed at the heinous disrespect of Headhunter before I realised it must have just been for the US region only. We only got it in Europe. Death threats retracted.

Respect for having Dynamite Cop so high, Die Hard Arcade is a banger in any form!

  • Members
Posted
12 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

US region only

It was. Apologies that I didn't make that clear, I was just eager to get it in front of you nerds :)

Show us your death threats mate.

Posted

Dreamcast is the only old console I still have. I unashamedly love it. It's the perfect console for someone who adores arcade gaming with a few other treats thrown in there. I do miss the days of demo discs and stuff like that.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I bought a Dreamcast on a whim about ten years ago, and loved it, having never played one before, so it's not even something you could credit to nostalgia. So many of the games held up surprisingly well, and there were so many gems that have been kind of forgotten to time now. I didn't really have a choice but to sell it eventually while I was out of work, unfortunately, as it's a console I'd never have wanted to part with if I had a choice. Every now and then one pops up in CEX and I'm always tempted, but don't have the space to justify another console right now.

That's one of the dreams for if and when we ever end up actually owning a house - to set up a decent range of retro consoles 

  • Members
Posted

The Dreamcast was never ever going to compete with the PlayStation. It never had a chance at all.

In fact, the one kid that did have one at my school had the piss mercilessly ripped out of him big time (kids are weird) 

I'm not saying that was right as its clearly a cracking little console in hindsight (and looks incredibly cool) but when all your mates had a PlayStation, it was hard to see how the Dreamcast would have that type of pull.

Posted
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The Dreamcast was never ever going to compete with the PlayStation. It never had a chance at all.

In fact, the one kid that did have one at my school had the piss mercilessly ripped out of him big time (kids are weird) 

Did that have anything to do with this though?

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

In fact, the one kid that did have one at my school had the piss mercilessly ripped out of him big time (kids are weird) 

A little off topic but I remember when the original X Box was announced and a good school friend said he was buying it instead of the PS2 and we all ripped the piss out of him due to the size of it and it’ll only play Minesweeper and Solitaire, he got well pissed off, we went over to his during the summer holidays and he indeed bought a PS2 instead.

Edited by TildeGuy~!
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

This awesome 80's era WWF mod for No Mercy came out a couple of days ago! PC only and took me some tinkering but it's gorgeous with full music and even commentary, the Twitter account reposted a long tutorial which I only found after setting it up myself.

 

Edited by Merzbow
  • Paid Members
Posted

Got an old Ferguson CRT TV at the Car Boot Sale for £5 today and to say I’m chuffed about it is an understatement. SNES looks beautiful on it.

E22B71AA-0F86-4CFF-A077-BB0D48DCFAB0.jpeg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...