The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members

Running a few machines at NERG this weekend. Held a WrestleFest tournament yesterday, managed to set the cabinet on fire mid-game, but had a spare cabinet thankfully. I’ll take some proper venue shots today. One of the U.Ks better games conventions in my opinion. 

B02E3F4F-D2F0-4714-AEE7-232BC26EAE2D.jpeg

9CED62DC-9EEF-4B82-B70A-845AFA0A0C4F.jpeg

25133EC7-C5B1-43A4-9437-DE66F8899A51.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I recently ditched my laptop to use  a tablet, and I don’t regret the decision at all.

However, I’m now without a way of playing Monkey Island.

Whats the best ways outside of a laptop to play it, any advice? 

ScummVM to emulate it.

I'm pretty sure you can use the touchscreen to play too.

• Paid Members

Konami announced a few more games for the PC Engine Mini a few days ago. Apparently they've done a little deal with Namco and Splatterhouse is going to be one of the games included in what's now 57 titles. 

https://www.polygon.com/2019/8/8/20791763/turbografx-16-mini-games-list-pc-engine-konami

Of all the classic consoles that one looks the most interesting to me, maybe as we never got the system and it's even more obscure than the Neo Geo.

The new Megadrive mini is getting good but not perfect reviews, it's much better than the atgames rubbish but there's still some issues like audio lag. It's not typical M2 quality but most won't notice anything wrong.

• Paid Members

I wonder whether the issue i because M2 are generally software guys.

I agree @Merzbow, I always wanted to play/own a PC Engine. They looked truly fascinating. I have an emulator and a shedload of ROMs on my PC. For a machine that is technically 8-bit there are some brilliant games  on there. The port of Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition is brilliant. Better than the Megadrive version, and I'd say it gives the SNES a run for its money. It'd be awesome if Konami could wangle a deal with Capcom to stick that on there.

It's  not out until March, but if I get the money for it at  Christmas I'm seriously contemplating pre-ordering one.

• Paid Members

It's a really good selection of games, but it looks like unless you stick it on a table it'd be a bit awkward to use. It'd be good to build a cabinet around it.