Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Watched the extended BVS last night. 

It a massive change IMO. The pacing was alot better its flushed out some motives, made superman less of a dick.

Really enjoyed it. Who ever made him cut it should be fired.

No theatrical cut of a movie, especially something that is supposed to be a summer blockbuster should be running at 150+ minutes.

• Paid Members

I also watched the extended cut the other night and it definitely flowed a hell of a lot better. It felt less clunky and as mentioned it fleshed out some of the stuff that didn't make any sense.

Eisenburg's Luthor is still shit though. It's not necessarily his performance that's bad, but it just doesn't belong in this movie. It just isn't Lex Luthor at all. 

It still has it's major issues as commonly known, but it's at least better than the theatrical cut.

Edited by lambyUK

• Paid Members

Watched the extended BVS last night. 

It a massive change IMO. The pacing was alot better its flushed out some motives, made superman less of a dick.

Really enjoyed it. Who ever made him cut it should be fired.

No theatrical cut of a movie, especially something that is supposed to be a summer blockbuster should be running at 150+ minutes.

Well true, they should have canned it sooner rather than release what the did. In hindsight a 2 part 2 hour hours per movie deal would have been better.

• Paid Members

Was watching the new "Fantastic Four" film on NowTV last night. What a fecking horrendous film. Unbelievable. How the f*ck was it released in that state? Jeezo. I bet it made a bazillion dollars though.

The only thing (no pun intended) it had going for it was Kate Mara.

How does it stack up against the Roger Corman version?

I've been watching Preacher, I'm really enjoying it so far though I've not read the comics. A lot of stuff was indeed laid out this week, I still have no idea where it's going but that's a good thing.

Anyone watched Outcast? I watched the first episode last night, it was ok but not one to watch whilst you're eating

Edited by deathrey