Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

Just got done with Colt Cabana's shoot interview. Its really good. Similar to London and Kendricks shoot, in that Cabana spends the whole shoot complaining about people, but he doesnt come across as bitter. He seems like a really sound bloke. The story about Tony Atlas coming into a FCW seminar and not giving them any advice but instead talking about how he should have been a big star and then playing footage of occassions he'd main evented in the early 80s is funny. As is the the tale of Dr. Death giving them all his book and then bringing a quiz in the next month for the students to answer things about him which had nothing to do with wrestling. WWE's farm system comes across as pure hell, filled with old wrestlers with agendas. He knows how to tell a story. Great interview.

Got to agree with that. From what Colt says in that interview, he makes it seem as if he never really had a chance of getting very far whilst working there. He complains about people, but I think he does it with good reason and isn't just complaining for the sake of it. FCW doesn't sound like that fun a place to be really.

• Paid Members

Just saw this on Youtube

Ricky Morton hates Kevin Nash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAD8ZAOlo6M

"What you gonna do Kevin,hit me? I'll take some of that money you got for free,understand that you cocksucker" :laugh:

No idea when this shoot is from but it's RF and I'm guessing it's a good few years ago.Anyone seen the whole thing? Is it any good?

He also says Nash said something about him,anyone know what he said to get Morton so pissed off or is he just jealous Nash made so much more money than him?

• Paid Members
He also says Nash said something about him,anyone know what he said to get Morton so pissed off or is he just jealous Nash made so much more money than him?

Someone sent the link to Nash's twitter a few weeks back, and Nash just said it was wrestling bullshit and that he see's Morton all the time on the appearance circuit and gets along with him. The interview was filmed when Nash was a big star and everyone was having a pop. I'd imagine it would be hard to accept, considering how little money the R&R Express made.

That shoots really good. Robert Gibson doesnt say much, and is content to just sit their and not burn a bridge. Ricky Morton is hilarious though. Really, really funny. Well worth a look.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members

Thanks for that.

I think I'll give it a watch,especially if it's mainly Ricky Morton doing the talking.The guy's great to listen to whenever I've seen him speaking.It's funny watching him all pissed off and swearing like a sailor considering how much of a clean cut babyface he was in his career.

Just got done with Colt Cabana's shoot interview. Its really good. Similar to London and Kendricks shoot, in that Cabana spends the whole shoot complaining about people, but he doesnt come across as bitter. He seems like a really sound bloke. The story about Tony Atlas coming into a FCW seminar and not giving them any advice but instead talking about how he should have been a big star and then playing footage of occassions he'd main evented in the early 80s is funny. As is the the tale of Dr. Death giving them all his book and then bringing a quiz in the next month for the students to answer things about him which had nothing to do with wrestling. WWE's farm system comes across as pure hell, filled with old wrestlers with agendas. He knows how to tell a story. Great interview.

Have been looking for the Colt shoot for a fair while. Has anyone got a link or able to sell me a copy please?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

A message from some peado:

Rob Feinstein: Kevin Nash lashes out against TNA last night...Did you read his comments on RVD and Jeff Hardy? RF VIDEO has a shoot interview lined up with him in less than 24 hours.....Wait until you hear what we talk about!!! Oh by the way Xpac will be sitting in with us as this will be Face Off with WolfPack!!!!

This will be quite ace.

• Paid Members

Given his murky past, Feinstein has done quite well for himself with all these shoots, hasn't he? I'm surprised anyone wanted to work with him after he was busted by Perverted Justice.

Anyway, just echoing the request above for Colt Cabana's shoot. Anyone at all?

Edited by Wretch

Given his murky past, Feinstein has done quite well for himself with all these shoots, hasn't he? I'm surprised anyone wanted to work with him after he was busted by Perverted Justice.

Aye, I thought he was done when that happened. I know the ROH stuff finished, but did he even miss a step with the shoot interviews? It's strange that all these wrestlers who seem to have the same kind of personality as prison nonce-bashers are fine to do interviews with him.

I would be suprised if the vast majority of people who he interviews are even aware of whom Rob Feinstein is, let alone his shady tendencies. As far as they are concerned it is just another payday.

• Paid Members

I would be suprised if the vast majority of people who he interviews are even aware of whom Rob Feinstein is, let alone his shady tendencies. As far as they are concerned it is just another payday.

Well, he's interviewed a shitload of people who used to work for him in ROH, as well as people he worked with in ECW from the mid '90s to 2001. The only people who I'd imagine who haven't heard of him are some of the bigger names he's interviewed. But then again, you'd imagine a story like a promoter going to a house to bum a kid and being busted would travel awfuly fast in the wrestling business.

How much do wrestlers get paid for shoot interviews? Does Feinstein pay them directly?

• Paid Members

Great shoot, makes a lot of excellent points and compares a lot of his theories to stuff like other professions.

Thanks for the link, really enjoyed listening to Al made a lot of sense although the interviewers were terrible, they didn't know whether the agree or disagree with him.

Yeah, the actual interviewers weren't the sharpest tools in the box in that regard. Their best technique was actually silence, where they just let Al talk for ages. That wouldn't work with everybody as some would have a tendency to ramble, but in Snow's case he never strayed off point and was virtually always bang on the money.

I'd still check out some more of those interviews from the same people, as there's some good ones floating around where similarly the wrestler in question just speaks his mind with little interruption. I think there's one with Ron Simmons on their channel and also Kevin Nash if that floats your boat.