Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

Skip to 9:40. Ken Patera is being interviewed by Gabe Sapolsky and he brings up "the arrest". Patera goes mental and calls him a "cock sucker" and all sorts. Patera is mental.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k29CqXpAF6GYPQ1F6hD

I bought this shoot thanks to that clip a few weeks back. I've probably watch it over 20 times already as Patera cracks me up for reasons I can't quite explain. It's like old grandad telling you stories from 'his day' while using profanity because he doesn't give a toss what you think anymore.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Sapolsky said he had discussed that the matter of Patera's arrest would be brought up during the interview beforehand and Patera made it clear he didn't want to talk about it on camera.

So, Sapolsky said that he would HAVE to ask the question, as it was a shoot interview and such a big part of Patera's life/career, but it was agreed that Patera would go apeshit on him when he asked it, that way Patera didn't have to answer the question and Sapolsky could still maintain the "integrity" of the interview.

Or something like that.

Either way, apparently Sapolsky claimed it was a work.

• Paid Members

Rob Feinstein interviewed Patera the same day and he spoke about his arrest with him (he was pissed at the time as most of the subjects on RF Video are). From what I read/heard, Feinstein paid a "bit extra" for the exclusive and Sapolsky tried to ask him anyway. So Patera wasnt really angry that he was asked to talk about that point in his life. Its just that ROH didnt cough up the dosh for him to give the story on it. His RF shoot is TEN TIMES better than the ROH one. Patera is hilarious. Up there with Ole Anderson, Billy Gunn and Bob Holly for laughs.

I would not want Patera mad at me. He's looks mental and like he could still kick your head in.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
Not really a 'Shoot' but I just endured about 45 minutes of the Jim Cornette Ring Roast before putting it off.

One of the least entertaining things I've ever seen.

Speaking of which, who the fuck is Amy Lee?

That Roast had some of the most dire shit I had ever heard on it and I could not make it all the way through.

Not really a 'Shoot' but I just endured about 45 minutes of the Jim Cornette Ring Roast before putting it off.

One of the least entertaining things I've ever seen.

Speaking of which, who the fuck is Amy Lee?

That Roast had some of the most dire shit I had ever heard on it and I could not make it all the way through.

I think the whole 'Roast' thing is very much a niche American taste, I've never enjoyed any of the roasts I've seen, wrestling or not. I know it's supposed to be a bunch of people taking the piss out of someone, but I find the concept wears thin pretty quick and it just comes across as mean spirited... in thee wrestling ones I'veseen it also seemed that the audience and some of the wrestlers themselves also didn't get it!

I think all of the people I didn't recognise in these releases are actually professional roasters for what it's worth...

Edited by jm29195

• Paid Members

Old Friars Roasts, Comedy Central Roasts and Howard Stern Roasts are absolutely hilarious, with the occasional stinker.

The wrestling ring roasts dont have the decent comedians/roasters. From clips I've seen most try way too hard to be shocking or dont really know whats going on. They're shit.

• Paid Members
Old Friars Roasts, Comedy Central Roasts and Howard Stern Roasts are absolutely hilarious, with the occasional stinker.

The wrestling ring roasts dont have the decent comedians/roasters. From clips I've seen most try way too hard to be shocking or dont really know whats going on. They're shit.

The Howard Stern Roasts are usually class. When the comedians bomb on Stern, though, the silence after a poor joke is often funnier than the zingers. My favourites have to be Ronnie and Gary's Roasts.

Sal and Richard cant be that expensive and both are big wrestling fans. You would think they would try and book them for a wrestling based roast.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members

The Howard Stern Roasts are usually class. When the comedians bomb on Stern, though, the silence after a poor joke is often funnier than the zingers. My favourites have to be Ronnie and Gary's Roasts.

Yeah, the Artie and Gary roasts are my top two. They were amazing.

Sal and Richard cant be that expensive and both are big wrestling fans. You would think they would try and book them for a wrestling based roast.

They would be cheap, but maybe not cheap enough. I dont recognise any of the comedians at the Ring Roasts so they may have been paid in sandwiches or something?

My original post was probably a bit harsh. I just watched Missy Hyatts set at the Funk roast. She had some clunkers, but there were a few good laughs in there. I loved her slamming Mike Graham for the shit he said on the WCW dvd too.

Rob Feinstein interviewed Patera the same day and he spoke about his arrest with him (he was pissed at the time as most of the subjects on RF Video are). From what I read/heard, Feinstein paid a "bit extra" for the exclusive and Sapolsky tried to ask him anyway. So Patera wasnt really angry that he was asked to talk about that point in his life. Its just that ROH didnt cough up the dosh for him to give the story on it. His RF shoot is TEN TIMES better than the ROH one. Patera is hilarious. Up there with Ole Anderson, Billy Gunn and Bob Holly for laughs.

I would not want Patera mad at me. He's looks mental and like he could still kick your head in.

The RF Patera shoot came out years after the ROH one, so unless RF had theirs in the can for several years before releasing it, that's not true.

And the ROH shoot is far better than the RF one. The stories about him living with Flair in the early 70s are classic.

• Paid Members

It was Feinstein who said it, so he must be trying to get himself over if thats the case.

They would be cheap, but maybe not cheap enough. I dont recognise any of the comedians at the Ring Roasts so they may have been paid in sandwiches or something?

I found this that Kayfabe Commentaries Sean Oliver said about the Stern show: "The first names we had booked for Ring Roats I were: Iron Sheik, Bob Levy, Sal Governale, and Shuli. That package was actually one of the reasons we green lighted it. Then the powers that be up at the Stern show, namely Gary, gave them heat for doing another roast, outside of the Stern roasts. Then miraculously, Levy and the comics has "a conflict" with the date."

• Paid Members
It was Feinstein who said it, so he must be trying to get himself over if thats the case.

I found this that Kayfabe Commentaries Sean Oliver said about the Stern show: "The first names we had booked for Ring Roats I were: Iron Sheik, Bob Levy, Sal Governale, and Shuli. That package was actually one of the reasons we green lighted it. Then the powers that be up at the Stern show, namely Gary, gave them heat for doing another roast, outside of the Stern roasts. Then miraculously, Levy and the comics has "a conflict" with the date."

Thats probably true. Stern moans on his show about how the staff should write stuff for his show and not others. Its Fair enough.

• Paid Members

I watched the Big Vis shoot (with a company called PWDiary) last night. It's not great, it lasts 2 hours and though he's constantly talking, he doesn't say much. Seems to like pretty much everyone. He seems to have an over-inflated opinion of Men On A Mission's standing in wrestling and would bum Vince McMahon if he asked. He regrets falling out with Sir Mo. That's about all you'll learn.