Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Just finshed the Ole Anderson 2009 shoot, is a good watch. There is a 3 minute bit where he is telling a story about Vader and its just so funny as he forgets everything, you have to see it to really grasp how funny it is.

"Holy balls", "dumb shit", "I want him to die slow" are just some of the highlights you will find in this gem. You wont find a better shoot interview in my opinion.

Does anyone know if there's a new Vince Russo shoot out yet? Or one in the pipeline?

There is one but its a few years old, covers all his WWF and WCW time and perhaps even his initial time in TNA - in fact I'm sure it covers the TNA time a bit as think he talks about his brief return to WWE in 2002 I think it was (and when I say brief, I recall from back then seeing on WWE.com he'd rejoined the company and about 5 days later he'd been future endeavoured)!

My favourite shoot was Bad News Browns, by a fair stretch.

I remember being hyped for Scott Steiners and I got 3 hours of him saying 'y'know'...

Don't forget his "time-out's" where, for example, the interview question him stiffing 3 Count and he demands to know who said what about him in a rather menacing demeanor!

My favourite shoot was Bad News Browns, by a fair stretch.

I remember being hyped for Scott Steiners and I got 3 hours of him saying 'y'know'...

Don't forget his "time-out's" where, for example, the interview question him stiffing 3 Count and he demands to know who said what about him in a rather menacing demeanor!

It's funny which is worse him doing that constantly or RF not giving a fuck when it comes to concealing it or even trying to edit it? One thing with the videos is despite how much money they make off them the production values are hilariously bad.

On a side note, thanks to Magnum_Milano with hooking me up with some other shoots recently, top man.

Only seen a couple of shoot interviews and they were both from a good few years ago:

Christopher daniels: spoke about how he went for an acting job and didnt get one so took up wrestling instead. My impression of him is a complete ass up his own ass.

Kamala: came across as a dumb guy who made a few dollars doing wrestling. threatened Andre with a gun and got underpaid for working with taker. Nothing exciting and extremely boring.

Also i have the raven and Jim Cornette `secrets of the ring` series (i think its called) about how to be a wrestler! Havent watched it in years though!

But thanks for the heads up and i shall try and track down a few of the good mentioned ones.

And does `one night in china` count as a shoot? ;)

RF Videos are awesome, the amount of times you hear peenstein going, oh don't worry we'll edit that out. You could invent a drinking game from it, and the way he introduces everyone as a LEGEND IN THE SPORT OF PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING.....Fucking cock, if I ever became a wrestler and got to do a shoot interview I'd wait for the introduction. Then I'd attack him.

RF Videos are awesome, the amount of times you hear peenstein going, oh don't worry we'll edit that out. You could invent a drinking game from it, and the way he introduces everyone as a LEGEND IN THE SPORT OF PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING.....Fucking cock, if I ever became a wrestler and got to do a shoot interview I'd wait for the introduction. Then I'd attack him.

The "legend" thing is another one of my irritations - though in recent times it's been overtaken by the fact they seem to have got so lazy they'll ask a question that's unclear or not even relevant to the interviewee, the interviewee advises "I can't recall, when/what was that" and RF reply "meh I don't know".

The "legend" thing is another one of my irritations - though in recent times it's been overtaken by the fact they seem to have got so lazy they'll ask a question that's unclear or not even relevant to the interviewee, the interviewee advises "I can't recall, when/what was that" and RF reply "meh I don't know".

In the older ones there was always a 'voice' in the background who knew his stuff and would chip in with answers or clarify dates people were unsure of. Not sure who it was mind you.

In the older ones there was always a 'voice' in the background who knew his stuff and would chip in with answers or clarify dates people were unsure of. Not sure who it was mind you.

Pretty sure that is the late Doug Gentry. If you have ever seen the RF video staff shoots, it is clear that he knows his stuff, and had a great memory for dates and the like.

• Paid Members

It was Doug Gentry, who used to book Ring Of Honor and was ECW's videographer. He died in 2006/07. Gabe Sapolsky was also an interviewer for them in the shoots before 2004. He knew his stuff, as you'd imagine, so Feinstein wasnt really the "brains" behind the questions. Now its Feinstein and some lad who looks about 12 doing the interviewing now. Kayfabe Commentaries and Highspots have fucked them for shoots recently. Most of the Kayfabe series and London and Kendrick, as well as Flairs shoot being examples.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Moderators

I honestly reckon Kayfabe Memories piss all over everyone else in the Shoot market these days, especially the concepts they use. It's a lot more interesting than exchanges like:-

"Umm, errr, what are your memories of working Bryan Clark?"

"When was that? I don't think I ever worked him."

"Didn't you?"

"No."

"Oh... Errr, What are your memories of working Jim Powers?"

Edited by ButchReedMark

• Paid Members

Just got done with Colt Cabana's shoot interview. Its really good. Similar to London and Kendricks shoot, in that Cabana spends the whole shoot complaining about people, but he doesnt come across as bitter. He seems like a really sound bloke. The story about Tony Atlas coming into a FCW seminar and not giving them any advice but instead talking about how he should have been a big star and then playing footage of occassions he'd main evented in the early 80s is funny. As is the the tale of Dr. Death giving them all his book and then bringing a quiz in the next month for the students to answer things about him which had nothing to do with wrestling. WWE's farm system comes across as pure hell, filled with old wrestlers with agendas. He knows how to tell a story. Great interview.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart