Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

Just watched the Waltman shoot and I feel bad for hating the guy when I was younger. I wasn't aware of any of the backstage stuff around the attitude era, not at the start at least, but I knew I hated him. I believed I hated him, even when he was one of the most over faces.

Turns out he comes across as a pretty good dude who knows he's a bit fucked up. I like the fact he doesn't come across as bitter, didn't use it as an opportunity to bury everyone and even told some deep personal shit no-one would admit to. Even at the end he wants to do if he did alright. Waltman is fucking awesome.

The Dutch Mantell should looks to be a riot. I'm guessing he's not with TNA anymore, right?

• 3 weeks later...

faceoff10.jpg

I got a MP3 version of this which I listened to today.

I like the idea of two wrestlers commentating like an alternate commentary over the matches and angles in their feud, but lasting 2 hours this one just seemed to be warming up when it finished.

It only covered their feud from Raven's debut in January 1995 through to the Massacre On Queens Beulevard show in December 1995.

I'm hoping they could make this the first of a trilogy with 1996 as part 2 and combining 1997 and 1999/2000 as a final part.

Some of it plods along but once in a while they bring up what I find to be really interesting facts.

The four that stood out to me in this were:

- In early 1995 Beulah brought her then-boyfriend on the road when they were doing a week-long loop. Every night Dreamer would do the unforgettable piledriver spot with Beulah in which the ringside fans got a great view as her thong would be exposed while Dreamer held her upside down before completing the move. By the second or third night of the loop, her boyfriend told her he didn't like her doing that spot and to tell the guys she wouldn't do it anymore. She told Dreamer who quick as a flash told her that was fine but this would be her last night with ECW. She ended up doing it that night and turned up without the boyfriend the following night to do it again, but she had a black-eye. Twat.

- Mick Foley wore a black jacket and sweat pants for Chris Kanyon's funeral.

- The guy they referred to as "Dreads" (the guy who sat ringside in 1995/96, usually with no shirt on, who I remember most from the final Malenko/Guerrero match) apparently died of a heroin overdose.

- Blue Meanie was trained by Sabu.

I got a different Dreamer raven face off thats about there whole feud and various other things how many have they actually done then

I guess that was the one Butch was referring to also, because Terry Funk barely got a single mention in the one I listened to yesterday.

I found it as an MP3 on that Rancid forum that has been linked to on here in the past.

• Paid Members

I meant to ask this for a while now.

Years ago I watched a really good Steve Corino shoot on TWC, think it was his second RF one. Anyway he seems like a good lad in it and he speaks highly of Tommy Dreamer and how cool he was to him in ECW.

Since then he's done a fair few shoots (not to Raven's level of like one every 3 months or something but still he's done more than he probably needs to) so I dunno which one this was in but I read that he was bashing Dreamer about something but I never found out what.

This was after he'd praised him but I can't think what could've cause his change of opinion because Dreamer had been in WWE since ECW went tits up so Corino wouldn't have been around him.

Anyone know what the problem was or have I imagined this?

I meant to ask this for a while now.

Years ago I watched a really good Steve Corino shoot on TWC, think it was his second RF one. Anyway he seems like a good lad in it and he speaks highly of Tommy Dreamer and how cool he was to him in ECW.

Since then he's done a fair few shoots (not to Raven's level of like one every 3 months or something but still he's done more than he probably needs to) so I dunno which one this was in but I read that he was bashing Dreamer about something but I never found out what.

This was after he'd praised him but I can't think what could've cause his change of opinion because Dreamer had been in WWE since ECW went tits up so Corino wouldn't have been around him.

Anyone know what the problem was or have I imagined this?

I believe he explains it in the 'On the Road...' interview. Corino brought what he thought was the ECW ring from Dreamer but it turned out to be the shitty ECW trainer ring, which promptly broke. There was then a breakdown of communiction regarding a refund, and Dreamer went public about it IIRC...

• Paid Members

Just watched Nash and X-Pac's shoot. Really good and funny as you expect. Didnt know that Nash threatened to beat up the Rock infront of the locker room and Pat Patterson had to calm it down. Apparently the "Big Daddy Bitch" comment wasnt the thing that pissed him off either. Nash says Rock was talking over the match and was treating Nash like a young boy and said "what move would you like to get in" when they worked a match on Smackdown, so Nash wasnt to happy. One of the many class stories in this one. X-Pac and Kevin Nash's take on TNA is great as well.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart