Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Massive shoot fan, last one I listened to was big vis, some cool info throughout.

One thing I have always thought about, when people in the biz have a dig at 'marks' and fans who think they are 'in the know', they tend to blame it on Internet writers and emags, strange how they never blame it on themselves, considering a large amount of them sell stories and info to shoot production teams.

I don't read any writers dirt sheets etc, the only 'back stage' info I know of is what I hear from shoot interviews.

Anyway, yeah shoots are cool, get the odd dud now and again

I've not liked any of the Guest Booker things I've seen. Jim Cornette and Jerry Jarrett both showed why they should never ever be allowed to book a wrestling event ever again on theirs. I watched the Al Snow one last week, and it was ultimately pointless.

Half of it was a standard shoot interview where he shoots down all the stereotypical Internet fan notions, the other half was him going on about building up Undertaker and Kane for a year as though they were starting from being unknowns and had no prior association. The year involved Kane as world champion squashing everyone as well, nobody even looking like they can beat him, which would do wonders for the buyrates of all the shows prior to WrestleMania. It wasn't a bad example of how to book a small territory in the 70s or 80s or something, but it was absolute shit for what it was meant to be. It was meant to be booking a big attitude era event, and he was picking which brand to use and using Dolph Ziggler and all sorts. I don't think anybody on there actually pays any mind to the topic they're given. Cornette's invasion one is probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen, and put me permanently on Russo's side in any dispute between them.

• Paid Members
I don't read any writers dirt sheets etc, the only 'back stage' info I know of is what I hear from shoot interviews.

How did you find out about shoot interviews in the first place? They don't advertise them on Raw usually.

Google and YouTube, typed a wrestlers name in to YouTube and saw a snippet of a shoot. Typed shoot interview with a name in to google and they are pretty easy to find.

The Gary Hart Guest Booker is super duper.

Especially the additional stuff which had nothing to do with the whole Guest Booker premise. There's a great tale he tells about the Spoiler (or 'Donald', as he always calls him) beating up some hotelier who referred to their wives as prostitutes, and another where he recalls cutting the Missing Link with a blade after Link had blindsided him.

• Paid Members

If anyone could help a brother out with a PM that may or may not contain a link to a place I can get some of these shoot interviews downloaded free of charge I'd be very grateful.