Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

Yeah I noticed that but Rick mentioned they were MP3 versions of the shoots whereas I'm after the old editions of the videos which included matches.

I can't find them anywhere online even though a lot of the ones upto 98/99 included a bunch of matches interwoven into the interview.

Cheers though

• Paid Members
Yeah I noticed that but Rick mentioned they were MP3 versions of the shoots whereas I'm after the old editions of the videos which included matches.

I can't find them anywhere online even though a lot of the ones upto 98/99 included a bunch of matches interwoven into the interview.

Cheers though

Probs worth making a classifieds post mate, if you already haven't, I'm sure you'll get a couple of replies. Nic Jackson might have some

Aye a will do, just looking through my old Rob Butcher/GWI lists which is what reminded me of the Vader shoot and others which included matches.

Not sure if anyone will have these available for sale, well especially in DVD format as I dont have a video player now. I've not come across any so far anyway, been searching all night and just found the re released ones with the matches taken out.

Aye a will do, just looking through my old Rob Butcher/GWI lists which is what reminded me of the Vader shoot and others which included matches.

Not sure if anyone will have these available for sale, well especially in DVD format as I dont have a video player now. I've not come across any so far anyway, been searching all night and just found the re released ones with the matches taken out.

I'll have a look through my collection to see what ones of these I have. I've definately got the original 8 hour Cornette shoot (over 4 discs), the Terry Funk one and the Kevin Sullivan one and possibly a few more.

Thing is a lot of traders would have ended up binning these shoots and replaced them in their collections with the better quality DVD releases that didn't include the matches. You also have to remember that in the early days of coverting, plenty would have put 4 hours of footage on a disc (so quality would be shit) and therefore gave them another reason to upgrade their shoots.

• Paid Members

I kept a few of those ; Taz (Which is two tapes), Jake Roberts, HBK and the second New Jack one.

For me, the Taz one is by far the best in terms of what you were speaking of, where the matches are cut into it in certain places, of course they are in chronological order, so when Taz is answering questions about his early career and getting into ECW, he mentions a match with Candido from around 92 that was from one of ECW's early bar shows, well that match cuts in just as he finishes speaking of that. There's also some great Fancam footage on and some from Hardcore TV an stuff that wasn't shown much. So in my opinion, I think that one is the best example, it was shot while Taz was still in ECW though, so that might be a positive or negative, depending on which way you look at it.

The others all have matches on from places like World Class, AWA and a couple from Stampede in Jake's case, but New Jack has only a few fancams of some really wild brawls from some ECW house shows in both 99 and 2000, and then I think there is a couple matches on from Jersey all pro, or something like that.

• Paid Members

I've been listening to the Ric Flair highspots interview (yes, all 4 discs) as an MP3 in the car over the past few weeks, and found it very enjoyable overall.

But it really grated me around 3/4 way in, how it was 'Hunter and Shawn' this, and 'Hunter and Shawn' that. I know they're friends and i'm far from being the biggest HBK fan on this board, but it really got on my nerves how he was so far up their arses.

Also thought it was funny when he said he would never, ever sign for TNA.

• Paid Members
I've been listening to the Ric Flair highspots interview (yes, all 4 discs) as an MP3 in the car over the past few weeks, and found it very enjoyable overall.

But it really grated me around 3/4 way in, how it was 'Hunter and Shawn' this, and 'Hunter and Shawn' that. I know they're friends and i'm far from being the biggest HBK fan on this board, but it really got on my nerves how he was so far up their arses.

Also thought it was funny when he said he would never, ever sign for TNA.

I had the same thoughts, especially regarding TNA, but it was bound to happen and one thing I've always found with these wrestlers, as everyone else has, is that they always go back on their word. No big deal, though, it's the nature of the business, really. I don't want to turn this into a 'Flair should retire' thing, but the one thing that sticks in my mind, is how much WWE pushed the boat out for him regarding his retirement, Wrestlemania with Michaels and everything that went with that, and the roster paying tribute to him as much as they did on Raw. Of course, bullshit retirements seem to be tradition in wrestling, and I don't imagine that will ever change. It isn't something that I have a problem with, but the one thing that sticks in my mind, is that he could of went out on such a good note considering the show of respect that WWE showed him, instead though, he went from that, to getting his arse out in that Streetfight match with Jay Lethal on TNA television.

The Flair-off with Jay Lethal was great and I have watched those segments multiple times now, because I enjoyed them so much and I'm glad he stayed in the game (no pun intended) and done them. But watching him run around in his underwear hanging off, showing his ass while full of blood was for me, very sad to see and quite a fall from grace.

I always hated the old shoot interviews that had matches interupting the interview. The ones with matches at the end were ok I suppose.

I thought the shoot interviews with the matches interrupting now and then were great for providing great perspective on the matches being spoken of, especially for matches with "incidents" in. I thought the Taz shoot interview was great for putting the footage in at just the right time when Taz had just finished explaining them.

I think the best shoot will always be the 2000 Cornette one.

I've got to disagree with you there, mate. The RF Video staff shoot interview being my personal choice. Those lads are hard as fuck.

Edited by Taylorslade

• Paid Members

My favorite shoots are the Youshoot ones. I've seen them all I think, bar the Dixie Carter one, and the interviewee always comes across well. Maria had a really good one.

My favorite shoots are the Youshoot ones. I've seen them all I think, bar the Dixie Carter one, and the interviewee always comes across well. Maria had a really good one.

You didn't miss much on the Dixie one. The major points were that pay-per-view is dying out so their low buyrates aren't a concern and most angles where the fans chanted "FIRE RUSSO" were not actually booked by Russo. Hmm.

I don't suppose anyone has a MP3 of the Maria YouShoot they can upload, have they?

• Paid Members

You didn't miss much on the Dixie one. The major points were that pay-per-view is dying out so their low buyrates aren't a concern and most angles where the fans chanted "FIRE RUSSO" were not actually booked by Russo. Hmm.

I don't suppose anyone has a MP3 of the Maria YouShoot they can upload, have they?

Dutch Mantell said Dixie is talking shite (on his Guest Booker DVD). I wouldn't be suprised if Russo lied to Dixie that the "Fire Russo" stuff was written by Dutch so he didn't get the blame. People who have worked with Russo say he's the type to throw you under the bus to save himself. It does explain why he's lasted so long (while everybody else has been replaced) despite business never really being what it probably should be.

Edited by Blackson Jackson