Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
but how annoying is Doug Gentry. Christ, talk about someone who can't take criticism, he even takes jokes his mates make badly. Also has one of the most annoying voices going. I can place his voice asking some of the crappest questions in the RF video library too. He not quite as shit as the Highspots guy, but he's close.

He's been dead for the last 5 years. He used to book Ring of Honor as well. He once asked Slick about black stereotypes to which Slick replied something along the lines of "talking like that could get you hurt" or something mental. If Slick has a problem with him, so do I.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
but how annoying is Doug Gentry. Christ, talk about someone who can't take criticism, he even takes jokes his mates make badly. Also has one of the most annoying voices going. I can place his voice asking some of the crappest questions in the RF video library too. He not quite as shit as the Highspots guy, but he's close.

He's been dead for the last 5 years. He used to book Ring of Honor as well. He once asked Slick about black stereotypes to which Slick replied something along the lines of "talking like that could get you hurt" or something mental. If Slick has a problem with him, so do I.

Is Jason Gentry any relation to him? He followed me on Twitter and I don't have the faintest clue who he is...

*Forced snigger*

"Memories of........."

^^ Thats your script for an RF interview, followed without deviation and repeat cycle for duration of interview with the odd gap of poorly researched or factually inaccurate questions which are then quickly corrected by the 'voice' off camera.

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

• Paid Members

I just watched the Head banger Mosh/Chaz one. Really did enjoy it. He came across as top bloke who seems in really good shape mentally and physically. He goes through his career and unlike some other shoots he is not telling stories you heard about for 10 other people. All interesting if you enjoy the Attitude era.

Well worth checking out 1 of the better ones.

Just finished watching 'Guest Booker with Dutch Mantel'. He came across really well (Apart from his awful impersonation of a British tourist). He shares the same opinion with Vince Russo when it comes to committees and such, which they're complete and utter bollocks and time consuming.

Kayfabe Commentaries are easily the best shoots out there, just watched HTM Youshoot 2 and guest booker with Bill Eadie (Demolition AX) really good and very entertaining. Where do you guys think shoot interviews can go next or what do you think Kayfabe Commentaries could do better?

• Moderators

Kayfabe Commentaries can't do much better. I mean that in the most complementary manner. They are professional in their production, they have great concepts, and they ask proper questions instead of "Erm... What's your memories of...".

Kayfabe Commentaries can't do much better. I mean that in the most complementary manner. They are professional in their production, they have great concepts, and they ask proper questions instead of "Erm... What's your memories of...".

I agree with you on those points, I wonder what the next concept is that could be done with shoot interviews. Their Youshoot idea is very innovative and a good use of social media.

• Moderators

Dat man know ^

Plus, the host talks to the people he's interviewing as though he's on the same level as them. It's a regular conversation, with no awkwardness and a lot of banter that brings the subjects out of themselves, leading to better stories. Whoever asks the questions in the highspots ones sounds like a nervous, monotone fan at a Q&A, while RF's interviews just a bunch of dead end answers, because if he doesn't have the followup... well, not question, but followup point on the sheet he's reading off, he'll just go right to the next thing. That works if you've got someone like Brickhouse Brown, who'll talk for three hours off the back of about five vague questions, but more of the RF and Highspots shoots are hugely missed opportunities.

Regarding their Youshoots, I think the only thing they could do is weed out some of the crap video submissions, and I'm talking about the likes of those Off the Mark radio buffoons and the 'hilarious' Hess Express. I think those guys with their unfunny antics actually bring the product down a notch. I've said as much to Sean over on KM, but KC's view is that they like to give those who make the effort to send in videos priority. I even prefer the awful Adam K to those guys.

• Paid Members

There was one video submission where Maria meets

, which cracked me up.

Pretty much every other video submission is awful though, I always skip them. They have to repeat the question anyway because they were so badly worded originally, The worst are guys who blatantly stick in a plug for their shit site or radio show. I'd bin them instantly.

I like Kayfabe Commentaries different concepts but the Youshoots can get very repetitive after a while. I thought the 2nd Honky Tonk YS was a chore to sit through. The host also is similar to Feinstein in that he will always side with the wrestler they are interviewing and rarely challenge them.