Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

I've managed to get through the Nash & Waltman shoot, and watched the Chris Benoit - the aftermath shoot DVD tonight, which was interesting.

Most of the people on the DVD are pretty solemn and respectful, until the Honkytonk man appears.

Sheik goes a bit mental as well.

Edited by David

• 4 weeks later...

Watched a couple of Kayfabe Commentaries shoot interviews yesterday and they fell at opposite ends of the scale. First up was the History of the WWE Timeline - 2001 with Ivory/Lisa Moretti. I didn't think much of this to be honest. She looks fantastic for her age, and can talk and talk and talk, but this just seemed to be missing something. She has a good tale about a Wrestler's Court after Summerslam one year when the Diva search contestants beat the WWE Divas in a shoot game of Dodgeball (which was all down to Michelle McCool being a bit of a ringer), but most of the other stuff she talks about (Right to Censor, Chyna etc) is covered in the Shoot that she did with RF. Also, surprisingly for KC who are usually meticulous with their research they don't mention at all her being a member of The Alliance. She talks about how she had to look after Torrie Wilson and Stacy Kiebler and show them the ropes, so I kinda guess that is why she was put with The Alliance, but it is never directly addressed. Pretty disappointing all in all.

The other end of the scale was the You Shoot with Sean Waltman. This was fantastic and he was an awesome guest. Unbelievably open and honest on a variety of subjects such as his drug abuse and suicide attempt. Tons of great stories such as the Plane Ride from Hell, Shawn and Sunny, Ribs etc. Way too much info about Chyna and even a question from our own ButchReedMark is answered by Waltman. I enjoyed the Cornette You Shoot, but as he has done so many Shoots over the years there is an awful lot of stuff that he addresses that he has talked about elsewhere, so this is comfortably the best You Shoot that KC have released so far (that I have seen) and is well worth a couple of hours of anyones times as you are guaranteed to be entertained and to learn an awful lot aswell.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members
They did mention that but I am in the dark with it. Can he sing? He answered it seriously saying he wanted to put his music out there even though the way they asked the question sounded like it was a joke.

Yeah, he's a really good singer, which surprised me. I half regret not buying his CD when I had the chance, just to be able to say I have a copy of Kamala singing the blues.

KC's shoot interviews really show up how bad RF are at doing them. I believe Id be right in saying RF have been doing them a lot longer too however their production is laughable compared to KC. For a start KC host sean can actually interview - RF is just a guy reading questions in a row regardless of the effect they have on the flow of the interview. Also the editing of RFs are incredibly bad - sometimes the interviewee will ask for a cut for a drink or refreshment and they'll say we;ll edit it but don't!!! Ive seen this a couple of times now.

Really enjoying the youshoot and guest booker series at the mo. HTM and x-pac youshoots are hilarious.

• Paid Members

Watch this clip and listen to the introduction. Is that a fair description of Bo and Blake's legacy in the business?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMBNqH7Br4k...feature=related

I watched the Ahmed Johnson shoot interview, and it scared the shit out of me. He seems to be on the edge the whole interview, and keeps mentioning wanting to "beat someones fucking ass". He then goes on about a story where someone sprayed "congrats nigger" on his car, after he won the IC belt and he'd heard Austin did it. Then starts saying Austin's wife said Austin didnt want her watching black people on the telly. Then he talks about wanting to beat up Faarooq and Road Warrior Animal. He's completely mental. His eyes have no soul either. He shits me up. He looks the hardest man on earth. Its very hard to make that impression sitting on Highspots couch, but he did it very well.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

The series ROH did (i forget the name of the series) that had Cornette and Pringle basically just shooting the shit and interviewing each other was awesome.. Theres not one of those i didnt love..

Tammy Sytch's one from a few years back (RF i think) was decent (on her own, not the one with Missy).. She talks about Chris, his death and their relationship over the years, it was during this shoot she talked about her relationship with HBK while she was in WWE.. Its real interesting stuff from the original diva..

The KC guest booker series is awesome from the ones ive seen, then again KC seem to take a little pride in what they do unlike RF and come up with some great concepts.. has anyone seen the Valentine/Santana shoot they did where they recap their feud together? I could use some reviews as it sounds awesome..