THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

Buford T Justice once famously took a shit whilst playing COD with me online, even going so far as to hold the microphone down in the bowl as he released.

• Paid Members

I know it was suggested a while ago but there doesn't seem to have been any movement since, would anyone mind if we started a UKFF film club?

All films would be either available for free on say Youtube or scheduled to air on freeview TV during that week. I'm thinking of maybe doing a history of film themed one, focussing on the development of cinema which would work out great given the availability of many older films on Youtube. Any takers?

• Paid Members

I was thinking bi-weekly, given that a week can often be a little too short. It also gives enough time for some decent discussion and debate. In the event that the film is airing on Freeview I'd try and pic something from the first week that can be recorded.

• Paid Members

SoC: I think the problem with the CD swap is people actually being arsed to burn the CDs and post them then Royal fucking Mail will undoubtedly lose the CD anyway so it causes stress and disappointment. The only problem with linking to download sites is that you need to buy the tracks. I want some new tunes too but I can't be arsed paying for them. What about just doing an online album swap? Rather than burning CDs just swap them as MP3s - or is this naughty and contributing to piracy or illegal downloading? I never know what the rules are with this. If it's all good then rather than sending 1 CD and getting 1 back, people would create 1 set of MP3s but have access to everyone else's taking part too. Does this work or am I talking out of my arse? I often do...

Lefty: I'd potentially be up for this but I'm notoriously crap at finding time to sit down and watch an entire film. I've got a LOVEFiLM subscription and I'm sure I'm not getting my money's worth as I never get around to watching the DVD. However, if I could dip in and out of a thread where everyone's discussing the same film then I think it's a good idea.

Yeah, it's good when I'm having one of my many fake shits at work.

My average shit at work ten years ago: 3 mins

My average shit at work since getting a smart phone: 10 mins

Getting out in 10 minutes is an achievement. Since I got an iPhone, I'm often in there so long my left leg goes completely dead, and I have to stand at the sink for a couple of minutes until the feeling returns and I don't hop around like a Joey.

• Paid Members

The BBC News app on my iphone is the worst at that for me. I'll go for what I assume is going to be a quick dump and end up reading the days news for Scotland, England, Wales, NI and Word. I suppose it's my generation's equivalent to the old "going for a shit with the Sunday Times".

• Paid Members
I know it was suggested a while ago but there doesn't seem to have been any movement since, would anyone mind if we started a UKFF film club?

All films would be either available for free on say Youtube or scheduled to air on freeview TV during that week. I'm thinking of maybe doing a history of film themed one, focussing on the development of cinema which would work out great given the availability of many older films on Youtube. Any takers?

I'm sure I talked about this to someone on here before ( probably Gladstone) if you were going to go the YouTube route you'd be better using sites like Stagevu and veehd they have loads of good stuff on there. Oh and yeah I'd be up for it