The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

You’d have to have been battered to have enjoyed them that night. I’ve seen them when they’re on point and I’ve seen them phone it in, and that night they definitely did the latter. I get that Tom can’t do a whole lot anymore as his neck is practically dust these days, but his onstage patter was nonexistent that night. I’m not saying he has to do a tight five standup set, but he clearly wasn’t into it that night, but that’s just my opinion / horses for courses & all that

You heading to Bloodstock again this year Egg? They’ve put together another blinder of a lineup 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I listened to some of it the other day and thought it was fucking awful. So boring and run of the mill. I feel like he's gone the same way as Foo Fighters where it seems like they aren't even trying anymore. I only really liked the first two albums though and felt that everything he's done since has been pandering to the Radio 1 crowd. He doesn't seem to have anything decent to say any more which are the reasons why I liked Million Dead, his solo stuff up to Love Ire & Song and Mongol Horde.

Frank Turner is terrible. Million Dead were ace though (s/o Julia...)

Anyway, World's Greatest Dad released their debut album on Friday. Very heartfelt, introspective, indie emo, in the vein of Julien Baker if she still had a band. Go listen, its really, really ace.

Also, for a bit more pop punk stuff, check out Buffalo, Buffalo by Spanish Love Songs. Absolute banger, and again a top album.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Frank Turner is terrible. Million Dead were ace though (s/o Julia...)

Anyway, World's Greatest Dad released their debut album on Friday. Very heartfelt, introspective, indie emo, in the vein of Julien Baker if she still had a band. Go listen, its really, really ace.

Also, for a bit more pop punk stuff, check out Buffalo, Buffalo by Spanish Love Songs. Absolute banger, and again a top album.

Ive never really dipped into Frank Turners stuff, i also liked Million Dead though, they stuck out like a sore thumb back in the day. Ive seen Turner live though and the reaction/devotion of his fans is crazy, they go mental for bloke. 

• Paid Members

Some of Turners early albums are incredible. His modern stuff is playing it way too safe though. Some of the tunes on his new album wouldn't sound out of place on an Ed Sheeran record. Then again, he's a sound bloke so I wish him all the success in the world.

Arctic Monkeys new album is shite. I'm all for bands changing it up and evolving/maturing but this is just utter rubbish.

I think I'm a bit behind with this news but Pitchshifter are touring in November. I'm not a huge fan of theirs but earthtone9 are supporting! I absolutely love them and they should have been way more popular than they ever were.

• Paid Members
On 5/14/2018 at 12:04 PM, Lorne Malvo said:

Arctic Monkeys new album is shite. I'm all for bands changing it up and evolving/maturing but this is just utter rubbish.

A work colleague stuck it on in work last Sunday morning all excited thinking it would be a bit of a mood lifter. It lasted 3 songs and it went off. Ive tried it again sense and i cant quite get my head around it, it sounds like a jazz-Bowie album.